IT.COM

advice Is Singular more valuable than plural?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

T.glen10

Established Member
Impact
I want to find out the general consensus between singular and plural, which is more valuable out of the 2 scenarios listed below. Thanks guys

Printer.com or Printers.com
Payment.com or payments.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
90-95% of cases, yes.
IMO:
Printer.com > Printers.com
Payment.com > payments.com

•••
Thank you, appreciate your help

•••
It depends on the use.
If you own a printing firm, then printer.com would be better imho. However, if you sell computer printers, then printers.com is the winner.

•••
•••
I'm having a lot of trouble geting my head round this problem. As I posted in my newbie thread, I've just registered DeclinedLoan.com. I looked on Google search trends, and the singular phrase gets twice as many searches as the plural. Buy Domains own the plural, and wants getting on for four grand for the name, but nobody bothered to pick up the dropped singular name. All of the extensions for the plural are registered, but seem to be undeveloped, but the singular name is available in all extensions. (except for the .com of course).

So can someone pick the bones out of that lot, and try to help me put a value on the name.

•••
that completely depends on the domain name few are better in singular few in plural

•••
mostly singular.
but definitely depends on the name used

•••
Mostly singular but it really depends on the product. Eg: pradabags.com would be better than pradabag.com I feel.

•••
it depends on domain name

•••
singular looks professional so it is good to choice singular domain.

•••
really depends on the product you're selling.

•••
DeclinedLoan.com is better IMO. If you look through google search you can see that the DeclinedLoan is better; because it has more figures than the plural form. The reason why many extensions of DeclinedLoans.com were been registered could be that, due to the company that owened DeclinedLoans.com; is a company that commands a lot of respect and that they are outstanding in the business, so people are copying them.

IMO I think the DeclinedLoan.com is better; though both are good but I think the singular is better. And secondly, the DeclinedLoan.com might not available when BuyDomains was to register DeclinedLoans.com

The term "loan" covers both loan and loans as a general product

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back