NameSilo

advice Is Sedo Suggested Price Option Reliable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
What's your thoughts on sedos suggested price option when adding domains?

Do you follow their price suggestions closerly or use it as a guideline and offer your domains at or close to their suggested prices or do you ignore their suggestion and price your domains with no regard to it?

:xf.rolleyes:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anything which is automatic is not reliable. Sedo's price suggestions are not reliable at all. I have seen low price suggestion for good domain and very high suggestions for low level domain name.

Usually they rate the domains more than its actual value. I suggest you should set the price to around 50% to 70% of suggested value. But then men's logic is better than this calculation so go with your instincts.

•••
I agree that it's not reliable. As mentioned above, if it's automatic then it's not going to have a real clue.. Either open it up to offers starting at the bare minimum you would accept, or come up with a price that would satisfy you and set it as a buy it now.

•••
not reliable at all. Ignore it.

•••
None of the automation tool is perfect, Especially they don't update about current trends.

•••
Definitely not reliable. Just an automated senseless script in my opinion.

•••
No, not reliable at all. It can give you a value below or above a realistic value for the domain.

For names that are valued much higher in reality, it does not reflect that. They created that tool to price domains mostly in the $xxx-$x,xxx range so that a sale may be possible.

But this could either undervalue or overvalue a domain.

•••
Much like how estibot places value when there are so many more variables that come into play.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back