Dynadot

Is .pro dying or will it only get more valuable in the future?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
Of course value depends on the individual name. But I have been thinking about this recently.

On one hand, I like .pro because it rings a bell of credibility. This extension shouts "professional." Yet obviously with the stupid policies from the registry and the dwindling number of registrars offering .pro as well as the .whatevs arriving more and more I wonder about the survival of .pro.

There seems to be two options.. either the .pro registry will realize they need to get rid of the outdated restrictions.. so .pro can grow in popularly as being a genuinely good gtld OR the .pro registry will keep the restrictions and nobody will hear about .pro and over the next year or two it will completely fall out of the public's perception more than it already has.

I'm curious about your thoughts on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see each new extension as a brand. So I ask myself that if I were marketing this brand, would it succeed? I go over this, and do my own research, before investing in any extension.

That sounds like a smart way to approach business -- arrive at one's own independent judgement based on research and some clear thinking.

•••
•••
It's never too late.
.pro is 100 % clearly a well sounding domain extension which let you think of professional content.

Beside other reasons thats the reason why I registered
propropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropro.pro

•••
•••
Beside other reasons thats the reason why I registered
propropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropropro.pro

Is it investment?

•••
•••
I think no extension is dying....It only needs one big sale...and that extension become a hit...at least for sometime...:xf.wink:

•••
I think no extension is dying....It only needs one big sale...and that extension become a hit...at least for sometime...:xf.wink:
It will be a hit because of some reasons. I agree with you gbs domain.

•••
btw
wx.pw sold for 1,788 USD 2015-12-03

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back