Domain Empire

Is pointing the DNS to afternic enough for verification?

NameSilo
Watch

neptune3

Impact
Hello Guys

I have some issues with the verification of my domains. I tried to add the TXT on namecheap but that didnt work because I couldn't find any info on what i have to add as HOST.

Now i pointed the dns to ns1.afternic.com and ns2.afternic.com. Will this be enough for the verification? Or do someone know what i have to enter as HOST on NameCheap to get through the verification process?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Guys

I have some issues with the verification of my domains. I tried to add the TXT on namecheap but that didnt work because I couldn't find any info on what i have to add as HOST.

Now i pointed the dns to ns1.afternic.com and ns2.afternic.com. Will this be enough for the verification? Or do someone know what i have to enter as HOST on NameCheap to get through the verification process?

Thanks!
Did you try adding the ns3 as well? Afternic permits using the ns1/2 standard servers, combined with a ns3 that is a specific coding individual to your account. May be simpler than the txt method.

•••
If the domain is still in another Afternic account, using only ns1 and ns2 will not move the domain to your account. You must include the third verification nameserver, or use the TXT record method, to accomplish that.

Last edited:
•••
Did you try adding the ns3 as well? Afternic permits using the ns1/2 standard servers, combined with a ns3 that is a specific coding individual to your account. May be simpler than the txt method.

Am I Right that this would be under the domain settings > advanced dns > Add Nameserver > ns3. I get the error message "Please provide a valid IP address." when i try to add the ns3 which i copied from Afternic.

•••
If the domain is still in another Afternic account, using only ns1 and ns2 will not move the domain to your account. You must include the third party authentication name server or use the TXT record method to accomplish that.

So i would have to change it back to NameCheap DNS in order to do that. But what do i need to add as HOST and TTL? Afternic only gives me the value of the TXT record.

•••
host: @
TTL: automatic (or whatever is the default)

•••
The simplest and fastest way is to add the third nameserver they tell you to use for verification. It's specific to your account. It's shown when they tell you that you need to verify the domain. Add the third nameserver, wait a minute or two, verify on Afternic, then remove the third nameserver after verification is complete.

•••
For host, always enter @ (which means wildcard/all)

•••
Am I Right that this would be under the domain settings > advanced dns > Add Nameserver > ns3. I get the error message "Please provide a valid IP address." when i try to add the ns3 which i copied from Afternic.

Domain, Nameservers, choose Custom DNS, then add ns1.afternic.com, ns2.afternic.com, press "Add nameserver" and add the verification nameserver you copied (verification-xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxx.verify.hn), then save (green tick).

Last edited:
•••
Alright thank you guys appreciate it a lot

•••
Alright thank you guys appreciate it a lot
And welcome to Namepros. You have a very smart bunch of folks here eager to help!

•••
•••
The simplest and fastest way is to add the third nameserver they tell you to use for verification. It's specific to your account. It's shown when they tell you that you need to verify the domain. Add the third nameserver, wait a minute or two, verify on Afternic, then remove the third nameserver after verification is complete.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of keeping the NS3 listed?
And, without the NS3 (or txt), does the domain still qualify for the "verified" label on the marketplace.

The way the prominent "verified label" is presented on the marketplace does seem to make the domain listing appear more impressive and legit. However, it's unclear whether continued use of those additional verification elements is necessary for the label to remain there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back