Domain Empire

Is Pheenix Still Alive?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Pheenix used to be the bride of block.

Since they embarked on an upgrade, they hardly got anything caught these days when compared to their earlier days.

Is anyone experiencing same?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Infosec, that's why I stay away from dropcatch. I would prefer snapnames to them anyday anytime.

•••
@Paul123

A couple of observations. To be clear, if more than one person backorders the same name at Pheenix, they do go to a private auction. Second, last time I checked, you can only order 10 names per day at Pheenix. If you need to backorder more than 10, you need to get their approval.

•••
Could you please expand your post? Don't do what?

That don't run auctions. Only one person can back order a domain so if it's 'caught' it's yours.

Best,
Paul

•••
2 backordered at Pheenix/Dynadot. 0 won. Don't recognize the registrars.

•••
2 backorders today at Dynadot/Pheenix. Result Pheenix 2 Dynadot 0. Since I started reporting like this it's been all one way traffic. So in answer to the OP's original question. Yes there is still life in Pheenix at the moment. Remember though, I'm not reporting DropCatch/SnapNames quality of domains, but good domains all the same.

•••
2 domains backordered today at Pheenix/Dynadot. Result: 1 Pheenix 1 Dynadot. So Dynadot not dead yet either. Although Pheenix has grabbed most of the captures over the last week. Actually, today's results surprised me a bit. I thought the Pheenix capture would have been taken by Dynadot, and the Dynadot capture would have been taken by DropCatch. But anyhow. I think I've shown with these posts that Pheenix isn't dead at capturing, and that it is still worthwhile backordering at both Pheenix and Dynadot. So no more posts needed on this subject of backordering at Pheenix/Dynadot.

•••
Pheenix has caught 3 I have backordered in the last couple of days.

One today that surprised me. I'd backordered it at Dynadot, Snapnames, Namejet and Pheenix and Pheenix caught it.

Unfortunately, I am still going to have to compete for the name today, as there are 20 of us in a private auction now.
lol I know the name...

•••
@GoWebnames.com

Indeed, they are getting better. They captured Chivalry.com from the last drop and a few other great names from the few last drops. Let's see how it goes the next days. :)

•••
Congrats. That's a solid name. Keep it and wait for an offer!

•••
I thought it wasn't working at all anymore from a stretch I had earlier in the year.

I have about 15 more backorders pending with dynadot and pheenix in the next few days and will see how it goes.

•••
I thought it wasn't working at all anymore from a stretch I had earlier in the year.

I have about 15 more backorders pending with dynadot and pheenix in the next few days and will see how it goes.
Okay, please do keep me updated. How effective is dynadot back order?

•••
I backordered today also 4 domains. Pheenix caught all 4 of them (was really surprised)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I haven't caught a thing with pheenix in over a week..:-/ I'm not chasing high quality names either

•••
I believe this thread may likely make them sit up...

•••
I haven't caught a thing with pheenix in over a week..:-/ I'm not chasing high quality names either

Who captured your domains?

•••
I backordered 4 domains today at both Pheenix and Dynadot. Results were

Pheenix 3
DropCatch 1
Dynadot 0

I have 4 more backordered over the next couple of days. I'll report on them also.
I backordered about 5 names via pheenix few days before making this thread and they caught non

•••

Let us know who wins the domains.

•••
Stub, dropcatch caught some and backorderzone caught on.

Snapnames got one for me.

•••
@jideofor - You cannot really expect Pheenix to beat DropCatch and SnapNames. I'm not so sure about BackOrderZone, because I don't use them.

•••
They used to beat snapnames @stub.

•••
Who captured your domains?
This is what I get from the who is info.

Bigrock
Rally cry domains
DIGGITYDOT, LLC (this site caught a few)
NIUEDOMAINS, LLC
Puritynames
Name.com

•••
I have 5 with Pheenix right now. I do like the fact that there is none of this auction business going on. You either win or you don't.

IMO put in twenty with Pheenix and you may win one. Personally I like the site and find it every easy to use.

If you want to drop catch a domain that is not 'tops' then it serves a purpose. If you see a very good domain then put it with more than one drop catcher. The problem is of course that everyone else is doing this and you pay a premium if it goes to auction.

Best,
Paul

•••
@Paul123

A couple of observations. To be clear, if more than one person backorders the same name at Pheenix, they do go to a private auction. Second, last time I checked, you can only order 10 names per day at Pheenix. If you need to backorder more than 10, you need to get their approval.

OK infosec. You could well be right. However as far as I am aware if you order a DC with Pheenix the domain will not go to auction if you win. This for me is the attraction of using the service. This certainly used to be the case.

Best,
Paul

Last edited:
•••
OK infosec. You could well be right. However as far as I am aware if you order a DC with Pheenix the domain will not to auction if you win. This for me is the attraction of using the service. This certainly used to be the case.

Best,
Paul
when they first started there were no auctions but 6 months or so later they started having auctions when multiple people backorder a domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back