NameSilo

Is Pheenix Still Alive?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Pheenix used to be the bride of block.

Since they embarked on an upgrade, they hardly got anything caught these days when compared to their earlier days.

Is anyone experiencing same?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good news about Pheenix. They have not caught anything for yet but I will try again.

I do like the simplicity of the site. Very easy to use and fair pricing.

Best,
Paul

•••
Pheenix team. Thank you so much for the notice. You've made my day :)

Drop market became "unbalanced", thanks to DropCatch, and now, also according to iana website, Phoenix is being reborn:

www . iana . org/assignments/registrar-ids/registrar-ids.xhtml

shows at least 100 new registrars from "Pheenix 1, LLC" to "Pheenix 100, LLC", also "Tan Tran, LLC" (LOL) and some others which are likely yours!

Since setting productive catching scripts is not an obvious task by itself, and doing so for 100 registrars may not be the same as for 20 registrars, hope that your scripts will catch more and more domains, in particular those which otherwise would have been catched by HugeDomains/DropCatch for themseleves (not worth $59/$69 backorder fee).

But... for god's sake.... we all need PHEENIX working and stable. I've heard that in the past some other registrars were "kicked in the butt" by Verisign registry for not configuring their drop scripts correctly or otherwise not playing by the rules. Even though your new registrars are brand-new and fresh and as such could not yet receive a single complaint even technically - PLEASE, PLEASE configure them exactly in a way verisign wants you (and all other dropcatchers) to. Incorrect configuration may well be detected and soon. And we (your customers) need long-time stability in the first place!!!!

Thanks again, please keep up the good work!!!

•••
Dropcatch as been a nuisance to backorder community.

I had my eyes on ADNEC.com but dropcatch messed it all up and the price went through the roof.

I hope pheenix does a better job now that they have annouced they come back!

•••
Just a thought about drop catching and auctions. If a drop catcher just charged a set amount to 'catch' a domain and pushed it for the price (no auction), we would all subscribe to this. I know I would.

Let's say it's a very good domain that you want to hook. No auction but a set price. Let's say $500 fee if it's caught. You have to be good to catch it (and be honest to). But again I repeat no auction.

However there is much more $$$ to be made by auction. I personally would stick my 500 bucks on the chance of a win though. It's just me for ownership once I back order and I would know, if caught, the domain is mine. Many people would use this service IMO. 1000 sales this way would make a lot of money for the drop catcher.

Just one for the pot and my two pennies worth ;)

Best,
Paul

•••
•••
Lucky you! Yes I was both for some reasons I wasn't much interested.

What did it end at?

•••
•••
•••
Just curious as to why you would set such a high proxy bid? Where you not around when the auction was happening?

Yes, I didn't bid until there were 10 seconds left and wanted to go as far as I was comfortable with going on the bid. There wasnt time to play the increment bidding game. I didnt know Pheenix would do the 5 minute auction reset like Godaddy, but they did, but no one else bid after the 5 minute reset. The previous bidder maxed out at $650.

•••
Congrats. That's a solid name. Keep it and wait for an offer!

•••
Many of you probably already saw this email from pheenix.

Not at all happy with public auctions on multiple backorders but I guess we cant expect any backorder service to do what the users want over they best way to maximize profits on each domain catch. It just isnt fair for the lazy people who didnt backorder to come in and bid on names after they see it is competition for it. Absolutely hate this backorder business model.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend,

We’ve been hard at work and have made further updates to our system.

1. We now support Alipay deposits!

This has been in the works for a while and we are glad that we can offer this great feature now for our customers.

2. We’ve made our auctions easier and simpler.

Effective Today Sep 7, auctions now start at the backorder price. When the auction is over, you only pay the auction ‘high bid’ amount.

Before auctions started at 0 and then people would bid. If the ‘high bid’ ended at $5 then the total price would be $5 + $18.95 = $23.95.

Moving forward, the auctions will start at $18.95. Once the auction ends, you only pay for the ‘high bid’ from the auction.

We are in a transition period so some auctions which started prior to Sep 7 still have the old architecture, however, after Sep 10 all auctions should follow this guideline.

3. Public Auctions coming September 19th.

All domains that have multiple backorders on it will now be available for Public Bidding for any backorders being released on or after 2015-09-19.

As a precondition, if someone did not have a backorder on the domain name prior to it going to auction, their minimum bid is at least $59 in order to participate in the auction.

Thanks for being a great customer and we’ll have more exciting news coming very soon.

Tan Tran

CEO Pheenix, Inc.

•••
Public auctions now, absolutely awful.

•••
I literally just read the email and stormed over here to make sure I wasn't going crazy...

Sucks..

-Omar

•••
Oh well, domaining is becoming tough game!

•••
I've got a fistful of $59 to plunk down on a few domains :) My only wish/hope is that they have thought about how much increased web hosting they are going to need with all the extra traffic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back