17.3%

• 52 votes
  • Ended 8 years ago
  • Final results

domain invest3r

Pinyin domains for saleEstablished Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

I have been doing some research having recently acquired a decent hand regged portfolio. I can see that the general split between parking a domain and developing it is dependant on time/money/expertise etc.

But in light of the other options which include the below, I am keen to get your thoughts on whether it is really worth parking a domain?
  • forwarding to a portfolio website
  • developing the website
  • creating a bespoke landing page
Another reason I ask is that I find parked domains to be really unpleasant looking and have heard that the money generated from them is nominal at best. So with this in mind, is it really worth parking a domain? Grateful for your thoughts. If the answer is yes I would be grateful if you could let me know why and how?

DI

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you will be glad to know that creating sale lander sites or using a sales lander company like dns or undeveloped is no longer needed today thanks to parking place for which I do not work called bodis.

they allow a full redirection of your domains from a parked page with them, to a lovely newly redesgined sales lander page.

meaning that on any day your heart desires to try out all your domains on a parked page, you just go to their site, uncheck the "redirect to sales lander" box and yoru domains are parked again for revenue (or parked for no revenue depending on perspective).. and then the next day you wake up and decide is a sale lander day, you make 2 more clicks, and redirect ot sales lander.. and you are there and back again.

good simple good looking sales lander! good support.. easy switching between parking/lander.. no commisoin fees... no silly approval forms... I'm sorry ,but I personally do not see how bodis should not be called a complete solution nowadays for any domainer. for parking/landers.

hope this helps any and all. u can view the sales lander they offer by going to any domains in my signature. they are on sales lander now, as I write this. cheers

•••
Park them all for a month. If anything makes substantial revenue than choose to either bounce the money makers around to different parking companies to see where each name makes the most or choose to develop them. The non money earners are better suited to either develop or put on sales page landers. Personally all of mine that aren't developed are on my own sales page landers. Bodis and DomainNameSales both allow ya to switch back and forth between domain name parking and domain sales pages with one click if you don't wish to do your own sales landers like I've done.

•••
dns is way more confusing and compelx than bodis. it's a full selling platform. it's great. but not for new guy if that's what someone is.

if you go dns way, remember to disable broker service, else your hit with % fee per sale.

as far as I am concerned bodis sales lander, and ability to switch parking/lander is absolute perfection. I used to run my own website with sales lander, but there is absolutely no point in doing this any more with bodis redirect to lander. the only drawback maybe you can't showcase your other assets to visitor, but then your back to age old question, do you really want to bother someone wanting domainX with 100 other domain choices.

•••
dns is way more confusing and compelx than bodis. it's a full selling platform. it's great. but not for new guy if that's what someone is.

if you go dns way, remember to disable broker service, else your hit with % fee per sale.

as far as I am concerned bodis sales lander, and ability to switch parking/lander is absolute perfection. I used to run my own website with sales lander, but there is absolutely no point in doing this any more with bodis redirect to lander. the only drawback maybe you can't showcase your other assets to visitor, but then your back to age old question, do you really want to bother someone wanting domainX with 100 other domain choices.

DNS isn't tough still just one click to switch the whole portfolio from parking to sales pages. Not everyone will be able to get DNS account though and I prefer Bodis pages now since DNS switched to request price and removed the field for them to make an offer on the first contact as I prefer an offer coming through on the initial inquiry.

I use my own pages strictly for an advertising network. Making income from affiliate links and direct ad buys on ads that don't distract from the sales angle. 1 simple edit and I have an advertisers ad across my entire network in seconds. Also like having server side full statistics on my domains. If I ever decided to get rid of my servers than yeah I would probably go with Bodis.

Last edited:
•••
DNS isn't tough still just one click to switch the whole portfolio from parking to sales pages. Not everyone will be able to get DNS account though and I prefer Bodis pages now since DNS switched to request price and removed the field for them to make an offer on the first contact as I prefer an offer coming through.

I use my own pages strictly for an advertising network. Making income from affiliate links and direct ad buys on ads that don't distract from the sales angle. 1 simple edit and I have an advertisers ad across my entire network in seconds. If I ever decided to get rid of my server than yeah I would probably go with Bodis.

the dns landers are oddly arranged. submitting offer is complex for nothing. this is not for some every newbie enduser average joe who wants to read as little as possible, and just wants your darn domain. imo.

this requires a one page, click submit at bottom of it lander. nothing more and nothing less. if yuo have other stuff, email conrirmations or what not, you only expose yourelf to losing a potential client. that's bad. imo.

how is this links revenue working for you? whats the sample site for what you do?

•••
In my opinion , Yes parking is worth for domain you can earn enough a year that pay your renewal fees of your .com domain domain means if you are getting 1-2$ per month you may earn 20 - 25$ a year from single domain and multiply it with your all domains

•••
In my opinion , Yes parking is worth for domain you can earn enough a year that pay your renewal fees of your .com domain domain means if you are getting 1-2$ per month you may earn 20 - 25$ a year from single domain and multiply it with your all domains

most domains today do not pay regfee for themselves with parking revenue.

•••
most domains today do not pay regfee for themselves with parking revenue.
but if you got single domain that pay your all domain fees then its good and worth deal
likewise ads are related to google adsence the use that keywords which are famous are worth

for instance - i bought one month back ZZVZ biz and in parking its showing some 18 + ads and its was shocking news to me while in other words its good because of good earning

•••
Was dubious about parking when I started out. Currently meeting 37% of my reg fees from parking. Not affiliated to either, but I moved from bodis.com to voodoo.com in September and doubled my revenue in three months. Voodoo FTW!

•••
•••
I see with Bodis, you can get paid out in bitcoins and last time I looked, you can transfer an amount as low as 1 cent into bitcoin.

•••
My bad, I just checked Bodis. You can redeem 1 cent to Paypal, while the threshold is $10 if you want to redeem into bitcoins.

•••
how is this links revenue working for you?

It's still newish. For the entire year of 2015 I ran just the sales pages which are very similar to the Bodis ones as a good page just needs to send me name, email, phone, offer and ip address which it does and continues to build my end user database.

Within the last month been tinkering with ad spots. I've built just about any affiliate site you can think of over the last 13-14 years but haven't kept all of those relationships in tact so I had to renew some of those old good connections so now have payouts anywhere from 10% to $400+ on a single lead. So figure after 3 months of 2016 can analyze if the ads are paying off, taking away from sales velocity although doubtful as they aren't the main focus on the page etc... and make any needed adjustments or eliminations. Main tweak would be separating domains by niche and running more targeted ads on them to increase earnings pending initial general ad results are promising. The server side statistics help if I wish to sell direct to an advertiser on a monthly basis but mainly focusing on Pay Per Sale ads at the moment until full analysis/tweaking is done as those ads give me full stats which would help if trying to sell a direct spot as can present full Impressions/Clicks/Sales statistics.

Only reason I'm trying the ad angle is because it doesn't interfere with the sales angle and have enough domains/traffic for it to payout and trump the lost parking revenue while still increasing sales. If the portfolio didn't have significant traffic then I'd pass on adding any advertisements.

•••
the dns landers are oddly arranged. submitting offer is complex for nothing. this is not for some every newbie enduser average joe who wants to read as little as possible, and just wants your darn domain. imo.

this requires a one page, click submit at bottom of it lander. nothing more and nothing less. if yuo have other stuff, email conrirmations or what not, you only expose yourelf to losing a potential client. that's bad. imo.

how is this links revenue working for you? whats the sample site for what you do?

Thanks for the thoughts. I cant help but wonder how many customers are lost by the simple sight of a parked page- I for one instantly exit a parked page as soon as I go onto it.

DI

•••
Bump- the general consensus seems to be that parking is not worth it. The better alternative being to implement a sales lander or forward to a developed portfolio. Would be keen to hear more views though.

•••
Bump- the general consensus seems to be that parking is not worth it. The better alternative being to implement a sales lander or forward to a developed portfolio. Would be keen to hear more views though.

Based on the 90/10 rule that 90% of your income generally comes from 10% of your names. So rotate the earners to find top income and sales pages make sense on the non earners as parking domains with no traffic is an easy sacrifice for the chance of a xxx-xx,xxx domain sale.

Exception to that would be if someone built an entire portfolio built only on traffic names with backlinks but minority of domainers have done that.

•••
It's best to get an account with DNS and Bodis and test your domain on both for a week each. I found two high traffic domains of mine earned zero on Bodis and earned $5 a day on the DNS. And vice versa on the other name. So dont' just stick to one. Get two account and switch back and forth to see which one shows more relevant ads to visitors.

•••
I'm also very new to parking. Parked my 50 odd domains in Above.com using Voodoo, DomainSponsor, Parkingcrew and Bodis and made around $30 in the 1st month (1st Dec 2015 to 1st Jan 2016).

Only auction bought 7 odd domains made me that amount. Rest of hand-reg domains made almost nothing.

DomainSponsor made around $20, Vodoo $9, ParkingCrew and Bodis combined 1$. (it is too early to decide on parking providers based on the revenue since Above.com takes about 4 months to optimize for 4 parking providers)

I know it is too early but I think parking is still alive for certain/proper domains....

•••
Parking or developing are not exclusive. You should park everything as there is no cost and you can bulk upload even the largest portfolio. Then as you have time to develop you can do so one by one. In the meantime you may make some cash. IMO, even if its only a couple bucks a month, it's better than an empty page making nothing. I am far from a big earner, but I earned mid $X,XXX last year, essentially free money while waiting to have time to develop or sell.

Also, I would recommend Above.com. Above takes each click and instantly routes it to your individual accounts at Parking Crew, Bodis and Voodoo (and many more), that pay the most. So if PC pays a dime, and Voodoo pays 12 cents, it will automatically send that click to Voodoo rather than PC. Above is also free.

•••
Nice- I must look into above.

Still being new to parking- could someone explain how unique visitors actually stumble on parked domains? Is it solely through type-in traffic?

•••
I have to drop some good words about Afternic. I was one of the biggest haters of Afternic for being useless on Chrome, and for having a really uncomfortable interface, however 3 of my names made about $9 in about a month or less, whereas the exact same names at Sedo, and at Bodis made zero point zero something dollars in a much much longer period of time. So now I testing them, and if they keep perform well, I move the majority of my names there to park. Of course, no offense against Bodis, still much better than Sedo parking, but as others said above their lander service is the best. Will keep my favorite ones there.

Last edited:
•••
Nice- I must look into above.

Still being new to parking- could someone explain how unique visitors actually stumble on parked domains? Is it solely through type-in traffic?
Depends on the domain. Could be type-in, or an aged domain with backlinks.

•••
I have to drop some good words about Afternic. I was one of the biggest haters of Afternic for being useless on Chrome, and for having a really uncomfortable interface, however 3 of my names made about $9 in about a month or less, whereas the exact same names at Sedo, and at Bodis made zero point zero something dollars in a much much longer period of time. So now I testing them, and if they keep perform well, I move the majority of my names there to park. Of course, no offense against Bodis, still much better than Sedo parking, but as others said above their lander service is the best. Will keep my favorite ones there.

Thanks for letting us know. I have opened Smartname account and will park some 50 USD+ CPC keywords there. I like it because you can manually insert the keywords.

•••
Just got my first 9 USD click at Smartname on a 0.00 USD (11 months domain). It seems they force the keywords afterall.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back