Dynadot

Is new gtld .Web same with .Com ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lediontk

Impact
I would like to know if the new TLD .Web has same potential with .Com. If i had pre-register golf.web and there is golf.com the .Web is worth o most the same like .com ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What about the domain names that are shorter for example: fashion.blog instead of fashionblog.com
Wouldn´t people prefer to type in less characters?

•••
What about the domain names that are shorter for example: fashion.blog instead of fashionblog.com

FashionBlog sounds better than fashion dot blog.

I'd go for myname.com instead of buying all the junks.

Exp myname.com
Vs myname.blog myname.photography myname.horse myname.club myname.blabla

Bestbuy.com/camera vs bestbuy.camera bestbuy.com/movies vs bestbuy.movies. .......

If you own a .com you just need to add subbdomains or "/" and your all set for $10/year and it looks better!

•••

Not significant, most folks find content via search engines and then return visitors via bookmarks. The real questions are A: will you get the same keyword value from the new tld as opposed to the .com and B: if you can't afford the .com then just say so and give the new tld a try. But stop trying to make excuses why something brand new and untested is better than the top dog.

I'm not saying there isn't opportunity outside of .com, but for goodness sakes stay rooted in reality.

•••
Money.web, Kitchen.web, Pets.web, Mortgage.web

I don't know. It just doesn't do it for me. Perhaps it's because I feel that it's redundant and old fashioned of a word. No one refers to he internet as "the web" anymore. "Web 2.0" is a forbidden term in tech now. Anyone who says it is frowned upon, so I think that pretty much killed any possibilities of .web taking off. It's just too old fashioned.

And .online would have more potential to be the new .com if it didn't have 6 characters, but it has a way more successful than .web anyway IMHO.

Imagine: Money.online, Kitchens.online, Pets.online, Mortgage.online

•••
And .online would have more potential to be the new .com if it didn't have 6 characters, but it has a way more successful than .web anyway IMHO.

Imagine: Money.online, Kitchens.online, Pets.online, Mortgage.online
That's the genius of .onl

It's .online but with only half the calories. Also it looks like someone tried to type .online but died midway through. But it will catch on, mark my word.

/sarc

•••
Wow I thought .onl was a cctld...
Now I got it!

That's why I kike .xyz. its like .com .net .org. you don't need to explain it. People understand that its a domain name extension right away.

•••
That's why I kike .xyz. its like .com .net .org. you don't need to explain it. People understand that its a domain name extension right away.

Just stop it! You puppets have been running around domain forums advertising .xyz...
Whatever is going on is just not right!

Stop trying to mislead people and have people wasting their money on garbage.. There are hard-working people that invest in domain names as part of their investment portfolios, retirement, etc.. Everyone is not a "domainer." We know .xyz is bullshit, but those people do not and they may gamble away their hard-earned money due to misleading numbers, advertising, etc...

It's just not right man...

•••
We have different opinions. I understand that some domainers are upset. I understand that Daniel might be doing the wrong thing. Maybe he is not responsible of the .xyz giveaway. The thing is that NetworkSolutions are in the scope too. The staff doesn't seams to know well their promotions. I had few issues with them in the past and I am not suprised of the actual situation. I've only used NS to register 50 cent .com to eventually transfert them to godaddy for 1 - 3$ then to NameCheap during the holidays for another $1.
One time I was charged $30 instead of $0.50. I've contacted the customer service and they told me that there was no such promotion. I had to send them screen shots and even their own url to the promotion!
They've finally refund me... well they don't even know whats going on on their business.

Would you build your business on .xyz?
For me, the answer is yes.
For others the answer is a big NO!

What other short extension can compete with .xyz?
3 LLL and 2 LL?
.co .com .ws .onl .net .me
.web .webs .ca .us

•••

No, they don't. And no, they won't.

Here's the problem with the opt-out giveaway: 90+% of those domains will never be used.

Odds are most of the remaining .xyz registrations are done by domainers. That means the vast majority of them will never be developed - just parked waiting for the big XYZ payoff.

Through whatever gimmicks are used, xyz may get a million registrations in the next year. To say maybe 5% of those will be developed in the next year is probably generous. Odds are most of those won't even be renewed - unless register.com auto -renews them.

This causes a cycle where lack of developed sites keeps people from equating .xyz or .whatever with a web site. It doesn't have saturation in the minds of the public. Only domainers will know what it is. Everybody knows what .com is because there was a flurry of registrations once the internet started and a huge number of sites actually going live as companies went online and new internet companies started. They saw .com everywhere. They will see .xyz almost nowhere.

•••
Here is the main problem with the giveaway, IT IS FRAUD! Why?

What happens to the people that have their domains set to auto-renew? They renew something they never asked for in the first-place... I smell chargebacks and possibly lawsuits...

None of us are perfect and we all do our dirt, but this is just on another level....

Last edited:
•••
Nope. It will very likely not even compare to .net/.org/.info.

•••
I like .web. I think it will be on the same level with .net, as long as .webs is not released...

•••
How much do they pay you guys to promote .XYZ? Seriously lol. Is it a good salary?

•••
Wow I thought .onl was a cctld...
Now I got it!

The mere fact that you put .ws and .cc in your TLD Top 10 all but obliterates your credibility rating for assessing viable TLDs. It had to be said.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back