IT.COM

Is NamePros down? Error 502, 504, 520, 521, 522, 523, or 524?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which errors are you receiving?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 500 or mostly blank page (no colors/graphics) with cryptic/vague error text in black

votes
    0.0%

votes
    0.0%
  • 503 or blank white page (no text)

votes
    0.0%

votes
    0.0%

votes
    0.0%

votes
    0.0%

votes
    50.0%

votes
    0.0%

votes
    0.0%
  • Other

votes
    50.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
From time to time, NamePros will appear offline for brief periods, and you will likely receive an error code between 520 and 524. You'll probably see a page that looks like this:

g4gfzlle1zr57bi

We appreciate reports of these errors when you see them. They often indicate problems with big internet providers in your area, so sometimes there isn't much we can do to fix them. When this is the case, the errors will usually go away after a few hours.

It's important that we track these errors and where they are occurring around the world, as sometimes they can be indicative of more serious problems that are within our power to fix.

We need very specific pieces of information for your reports to be useful:
  • The timeframe during which the errors are occurring. Do they happen all of the time? Just over the last day? Last few hours?
  • The error codes that you are seeing. These will be numbers like 522 and 524, and are on the top of the error pages.
  • The CloudFlare Ray ID listed at the bottom of the error page. These allow support representatives at CloudFlare to get very specific details about the problems that you are encountering. This ID will be different each time, but we only need one or two of them.
Do not create a post stating that NamePros appears offline without providing details. Vague posts are not helpful and do not help us fix the problem.

Known Incidents

Times are UTC. Unless otherwise stated, incidents are most likely the result of connectivity issues within or between large Internet providers, usually over long distances. Most regional incidents are reported by cloudflarestatus.com, and are generally not repeated here.
  • 2014-08-24 23:55 to 01:55: Minor connectivity issues, mostly in Asia-Pacific region. Some users saw occasional 522 errors.
  • 2014-09-06 19:30 to 19:40: Some applications servers lost communication with a configuration server. Not regional; most users saw a blank white page for a minute or two.
  • 2014-12-21 18:05 to 18:20: Application servers lost communication with a file server. Avatars failed to load and the menu was incomplete.
  • 2015-01-06: Some attachments and avatars might have been unavailable while we made some changes to our infrastructure.
  • 2015-01-18 20:13: The website was unavailable for a few seconds in all regions while we made some database improvements.
  • 2015-03-21 23:15 to 23:30: The website was intermittently unavailable due to a faulty load balancer.
  • 2015-03-23: A bug in XenForo resulted in external images over 150 kB in size disappearing for a couple hours while we developed a patch.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Screen shots are taken from my mobile, will send laptop SCs later if / when I see the error again while using my PC.

I am sending from India. Time showing is Indian Standard Time. This has almost stopped in the last 10-15 days, it was very frequent before that.

Thanks

npo1.png
npo2.png
npo3.png

•••
Thanks @1domain; I'll see what I can do.

•••
@1domain, think you can get it to happen again and send me the "CloudFlare Ray ID" at the bottom of the page? The one in your screenshot expired, unfortunately.

•••
Sure, I will send you the ID if / when it happens again.

regards

•••
Ray ID - 16d799caf8b81389
Time - 9 : 54 pm (New Delhi India)
Date - September 21, 2014

connectionerror.jpg

•••
I meant to post this the other day, from sept 22

np-9-22-14.jpg

•••
@mis_chiff, make sure your timezone is correct. Windows defaults to Pacific Time, and people often change the time instead of the timezone when setting up their computer. This leads to an incorrect internal time, which causes problems with protocols such as HTTPS.

•••
Hi Paul, I'm on PST time myself anyway - but I wasn't changing anything.
Was just on doing stuff and when I clicked NP this is the screen I got
it was up for about 10 mins. it was about 8:30pm

•••
•••
ok Paul thanks for checking it out.

•••
Just got this (10 seconds ago) today:

The initial connection between CloudFlare's network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.
  • Ray ID: 177236c618500b3e
  • Your IP address: xxx
  • Error reference number: 522
  • CloudFlare Location: Tokyo
Could be because we got a huge typhoon on the way that I'm waxing my board for! :xf.cool:

•••
@David Walker Weather is definitely a possibility. If you see it again, let me know, and I'll forward the ray IDs to CloudFlare support.

•••
Configuration file for stage does not exist: prod

There must be a config.prod.php file for the specified stage, but this server lacks one.

6:10AM Central US Time
Firefox Browser
Getting this error almost every other time I load up Namepros.com.

Blake

•••
6:10AM Central US Time
Firefox Browser
Getting this error almost every other time I load up Namepros.com.

Blake

Thanks; two new servers went online without properly connecting to the configuration server. We're in the process of rotating them out. One of the few times we can't blame CloudFlare! Fortunately, it was brief--about a minute.

•••
Paul,
I just wanted to report that the servers were acting up between the hours of 2am-5:53am - Give or take a bit on each time frame. If you check the chat logs we spoke about this and there was no exact error message to place here. The forum was still operational but you could not enter threads without getting a server error and nothing else showed up.

Just wanted to send along a notice

Blake

•••
Thanks for the report, Blake.

Paul fixed it this morning. The error resulted from an update we did.

If anyone notices an error in the future, please report it in our Tech Support forum. That will notify us immediately and allow us to fix it much faster. :)

•••
It was a funny bug, because conversations and everything was working, you just couldn't read the threads.. But there was a bunch of people in the chat just chatting away :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back