.mobi Is .MOBI really dead?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

sky

Established Member
Impact
40
Hi,

I just reg'ed a couple of .COMs, and a friend suggested I get the .MOBI extension for the names to since it is also applicable for cell phones, etc...

But I'm thinking it's a waste of money and little use to me from the standpoint of making any profits in any form whatsoever, ever and even of little or no use to end users.

Is there any data to support or refute this bias I've developed based on hearsay over the past few months?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
mobi isn't dead, it's still kicking (more like spasms?). I've been with it since Sep. 26, 2006 as many probably have. It's definitely lost some of its luster. It's good to see many big companies finally put their mobi's up even if some redirect to a .com (it's still the mobi they're typing in).
 
0
•••
FathomJH said:
It's good to see many big companies finally put their mobi's up even if some redirect to a .com (it's still the mobi they're typing in).

Its a funny kind of dead/dormant where big companies keep launching new mobi sites. If you take espn as an example.

I just checked-
espn.com
espn.mobi
espn.net
espn.org
espn.biz
espn.info

Guess which two TLDs ESPN thinks are the most important to use?
.com #1 TLD
.mobi #2 TLD
 
0
•••
devzealot said:
It's amazing how the .mobi extension has just died in popularity so quickly.
Sadly it was predicted by many but not everyone listened.

strange post

firstly as it's factually incorrect. trolls keep coming to say this.
here are a a selection of huge global brands using and promoting .mobi:

some major .mobi sites

next point, you have 5 posts and joined this month, are you a previously banned troll?

especially as this was your first post here! D-:
 
0
•••
Pred said:
strange post

firstly as it's factually incorrect. trolls keep coming to say this.
here are a a selection of huge global brands using and promoting .mobi:

some major .mobi sites

next point, you have 5 posts and joined this month, are you a previously banned troll?

especially as this was your first post here! D-:
No I have been meaning to join these forums for a while now and thought
they were a good place to hang out. Sorry if I came across the wrong way I
didn't realize you guys took it so passionatly lol. To be honest I don't really care one
way or another I was just saying what I thought. I didn't know there were so
many popular sites and businesses taking up the .mobi cause so you are right
I am wrong, but from a domainer's point of view .mobi has dropped dramatically
in value in regards to domainer to domainer sales. I see now that end user sales
are going well and that is great! :D
 
0
•••
no problem
its me who should apologise for being so harsh

i was only abrupt as its quite fashionable for some other trolls to travel round the forums 8^X

actually sales both enduser and reseller are down big in all extensions

this is a young extension but the take up daily is quite incredible of enduser development in this extension.

its almost nonexistant in .asia, .me, .pro, .anything else or any other newish tld

thing that needs rembering most domainers get it wrong most of the time
in the ensuing fallout happening now, many will lose and never return unfortunatley, domaining in general

this subforum was for a short time a place where sensible discussion could take place. trolling and ridiculous threads were allowed to take place, it still is, much to the detriment of namepros. it has been addressed to np and mods, little or no action is ever taken.
its why i raraely post these days. there are other places where discussion takes place.

the success of this extension in the coming years will shock many domainers to their heels i can guarantee that
 
0
•••
normeseatrelm said:
Âîáùåì ðåøèë íàïèñàòü, åñòü òàêàÿ ñåé÷àñ çàäà÷à ó ìåíÿ, êàê ïîèñê ðàáîòû. Âîò è ó ìåíÿ ïîëó÷èëîñü ÷òî ÿ îñòàëñÿ áåç ðàáîòû, íîâóþ íàéòè â äàííûé ìîìåíò íå âîçìîæíî. Õîòåë óçíàòü ó óâàæàåìîãî ôîðóìà, ìîæåò êòî ÷òî çíàåò, êàê ìîæíî íàéòè íîâóþ ðàáîòó. Æèâó ÿ â ã.Áàëàøèõà ïîä Ìîñêâîé, ïî æèçíè âñåãäà çàíèìàëñÿ ïðîäàæàìè, ìíå 35 ëåò.

i agree! LOL
:sold:
 
0
•••
0
•••
Here is an example of a huge brand not using .mobi
(bbc.co.uk)
Here is an example of a huge brand not using .com

Oh wait...they redirect bbc.com to bbc.co.uk and bbc.mobi to bbc.co.uk/mobile!
 
0
•••
Here is an example of a huge brand not using .com

Oh wait...they redirect bbc.com to bbc.co.uk and bbc.mobi to
bbc.co.uk/mobile!

Well, .co.uk is the U.K.'s .com.

There is no .mo.uk though, so its a tough case to make
 
0
•••
.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back