Dynadot

Is it worth it to use affiliate programs on redirect?

NameSilo
Watch

Dmytros

genericdomainz.comRestricted (Market)
Impact
Hello! I am making domains parked for some time, and have a lot of zero-click traffic. Now I think about how it should perform with affiliate marketing, especially with partner programs/links.

What good affiliate programs that accept redirect you know?

Specially not gambling/adult/get rich easy

Do you have experience with this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was thinking about this too, sort of do it like a mini mini site. Say your domain is something like hockeysticks.com- have 5 or more pictures of hockey sticks like a store, but they are affiliate links.

•••
Try it out let us know if it works well for you.

•••
Can anyone pm me and give me some how to on how to post affiliate links in this way? Thanks

•••
IS that not just what an amazon affiliate site is?

•••
•••
Amazon Associates rejected my application as my site didnt have content. The content was going to be Amazon products which I needed an accepted application to get. Its a paradox.

•••
Amazon Associates rejected my application as my site didnt have content. The content was going to be Amazon products which I needed an accepted application to get. Its a paradox.
interesting, maybe if I do this then I am going to have to have some sort of content, maybe a few articles or product reviews or something already on there first? But, that is easy to do.

•••
interesting, maybe if I do this then I am going to have to have some sort of content, maybe a few articles or product reviews or something already on there first? But, that is easy to do.
YEah I assusme thats how people do it. Many times I see people saying "I'll just throw up an amazon affiliate site" but if you have to make content its not that straight forward. Anyway, amazon can suck a d@#k I dont need their money.

•••
I found this one. Seems very nice and easy to use product.

•••
I haven't had a lot of luck sending traffic direct to affiliate offers, even if it's highly targeted to the traffic. There are companies like Monetizer and YTZ that rotate and optimize affiliate offers for your traffic, and I've had mixed results with those. Definitely worth trying if you have names with a decent amount of generic traffic that isn't making much from parking.

As far as minisites go, I've done this in the past with several of my names successfully (mainly low traffic but good keyword domains). These days it's harder to get ranked in the search engines with thin content, and setting up a viable site like this takes time and work, unlike parking which is set and forget.

•••

Not it isn't.
If all you're going to have is their products and links, what's the point of anyone going to your site instead of going directly to Amazon?
Anyway, if you're not going to have content or you're not going to make an effort with decent content, you'll have more luck getting people to click ads than getting them to buy something.

•••
You'll need to decide if you want to be a domainer, a web developer, or both.

Unless you have some domains that receive really high amounts of non-bot type-in traffic, there aren't really any shortcuts to affiliate marketing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back