NameSilo

Is it worth going to DomainFest Ft Lauderdale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have been collecting domains for about 9 years and currently have a portfolio of about 800 domains that I have parked at godaddy. I haven't done much of anything with them over the years, but I am ready to start. I just discovered NamePros and have been reading the forums daily for about a week. I can see I have a lot to learn.

I live in South Florida and noticed that DomainFest is in Fort Lauderdale this weekend. I am wondering if most of it will just be too over my head and intimidating for such a newbie like me. Has anyone else here been to a DomainFest? Is there anything to be gained by a brand new domainer looking to start selling and developing DNs? Advice appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe DomainFest is 'today'!! So, if you haven't headed that way yet, the DomainFest 'one day show' is almost half over, so you should make haste!! And 'yes', it's way worth it!

•••
ahhhhhh! I thought it was Saturdayyyy!

•••
While it is perhaps a 30-45 minute drive, I have no plans of attending. My impression is that it is an event primarily for the domaining elite with megapremium .COM domains - Rick Schwartz etc I'm sure DNJ or Domaining.com will report on the event.

•••
While it is perhaps a 30-45 minute drive, I have no plans of attending. My impression is that it is an event primarily for the domaining elite with megapremium .COM domains - Rick Schwartz etc I'm sure DNJ or Domaining.com will report on the event.
I think if you ponied up and went, you may be surprised at what you missed out on. Especially if it was only 35 mins away! If it was an 'elitist' event, they would have charged a lot more than $139 ($175 at door). Sometimes 'impressions' need to be verified!!

•••
It was good.

Thanks for pushing me to go Hawkeye. Even though I only made half of the day, everyone was more than willing to talk to me and offer advice. I got some good ideas and made a lot of good contacts. Glad I went.

•••
Personally, I think you should remove your domains from godaddy parking immediately and go with a real parking company, like Parked.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back