Dynadot

Is it TM Infringement ..?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sachy555

Account Closed
Impact
I checked Google / Namepros but TM Infringement bit confusing. Let start with some basic points

Is it TM infringement:

1) If somebody use Godaddy.com for other business than domain sell /hosting. As it consists GO + DADDY. These are common dictionary words.

2) If somebody use Godaddy.in OR Godaddy.pw ccTLD for same business of domain sell /hosting. As it consists GO + DADDY. These are common dictionary words. And business will take place in that particular country.

3) If somebody use Godaddy.in OR Godaddy.pw ccTLD for other business than domain sell /hosting. As it consists GO + DADDY. These are common dictionary words. And business will take place in that particular country.

4) If somebody change Godaddy.com spelling for example Godady.com for same business of domain sell /hosting. As it consists GO + DADY. Nothing related to Godaddy.

5) If somebody change Godaddy.com spelling for example Godady.com for other business than domain sell /hosting. As it consists GO + DADY. Nothing related to Godaddy.

6) Buying and Selling these kind of Domain Names

Thanks in Advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Simply put, Godaddy is too well-known to be used in another industry or even territory.
Some TMs have more weight than others.
Coca Cola is a universal TM too. Can't really use the same name in a different industry.

•••
Is it TM infringement:
Thanks in Advance

You could sell real apples on apple.club.

You could sell Apple computers using Apple.club but Apple could still take the name.

You could sell IBM computers on Apple.club and Apple could take your house, your car and probably your wife.

Disclaimer: I'm not an Internet lawyer and my opinion is worthless.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back