NameSilo

Is it scary to have a 90%+ CTR?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have one domain name parked with NameDrive that has more than 90% CTR. It's adult related.

A couple of questions:
- Is 90% considered high CTR?
- Is that scary in any way?
- Does this affect the cost per click? I'm only getting $0.03 per click on the average. Is this because the CTR is way too high?
- What should I do with a domain like this that has a high CTR? Develop it? Sell it?

Insights and recommendations are very much welcome. :)

JC

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From what I know, 90% is fairly high. I'm happy with 20-25%, that's usually a good month if I average that across the board.

As for if it's scary or not, heck no. Figure out a better way to monetize it or a better keyword and you'll be golden.

(Oh and if you want to sell it, let me know)

•••
"Is it scary to have a 90%+ CTR?"

Very! :D

Serious note: no, and you are lucky to have that, especially if you have proper traffic.

•••
Unless you're getting just 3 hits for that 90% CTR, I'd say click fraud in all honesty.

20-25% is good CTR! 1000 visitors = 250 clicks on ads doesn't it!

Most consider 5% good for adsense :lol: (Well, I do!)

•••
very targeted domains will sometimes have a CTR as high as that, it is possible that it is non human clicks also.

•••
You must be using NameDrive's awesome designs. Correct?

•••
I would be quite scared... Seriously. Some times parking related companies will discard or ban your account because the CTR is so high. It has happened to me on Google. My clicks were real.

•••
90% on a namedrive adult domain is suspicious. And .03 cents per click at namedrive for an adult domain is not out of the ordinary.

•••
I have had this domain at Parked.com for over 6 mos.
It is adult dating related and you see the CTR is over
100%.

Visitors:
Clicks:
RPM:
$119.94
CTR:
105.19%
RPC:
$0.11

It doesnt get much traffic, but when it does it gets clicks.

So 90% is nothing to be afraid of if it's legit.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
@lpxxfaintxx: Yup. Those templates rock! :D

@snoop: I'm curious. What do you mean by "non-human clicks"? If I'm not doing anything to inflate my page views and clicks artificially, what could be causing these non-human clicks?

It's not getting a lot of traffic, around 30 to 40 a month. It's just that the CTR is very high. For example, this month (4 days), it's only gotten 8 visitors and all of them clicked an ad. That's a 100% CTR.

Sometimes, I'd visit the page just to see what ads they're showing. I don't click the ads, of course. If I have to disregard my own page views, the CTR would be around 95%.

So what do you guys suggest? Keep it parked? Or develop it? Not sure it's worth developing if monthly page view is only around 30 to 40.

Opinions?

@~ Cyberian ~: 105.19% CTR? Dang! I didn't think that was possible. Maybe we should start a high CTR club? :P

•••
this is not sound right, may be you are lucky someone is clicking every time, but you could be unlucky if this happens all the time.

I say develop it using adrite. But then that particular person who clicked your link in the past may never show up again.

•••
Jose Cuervo said:
Is it scary to have a 90%+ CTR?
Having 7 toes. That's scary.

My grandpa had 7 toes. :)

90%+ CTR is unusually high when compared to my own averages, but unless it turns out to be artificial or manufactured clicks, then I see no cause for alarm. Celebrate!

•••
With parking companies, as the CTR% goes up, CPC tends to drop, unfortunately... it's usually due to advertisers expending their budgets, or PPC companies getting greedy, a mix of both.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back