Dynadot

advice Is it me or My domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

siyavuya

Established Member
Impact
I came to Namepros because it was highly recommended by a friend,
I bought a domain Artshop.io and listed it here. I waited and waited and nothing. I got a couple of views and that was it. No inquiries nothing. I have been asking around here and still no direct help.

HELP ME PLEASE I'm really lost.
Is it me or is it the domain it'self
artshop.io is supposed to be a good domain

I look forward to getting some help from you as to what I need to do to sell it.

Regards
Siya

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domaining is also an art but not an easy one. It takes a lot of time, patience and hard work before you'll see good results. You have shown eagerness and humility in your replies and you have my admiration. It would be prudent if one starts his/her domain ventures with .com as this is where the real gold is and where most phenomenal sales come. Just deal with the other tlds later on if you already have gained enough skills and experience. Wishing you good luck.

•••
It takes time.
Look at me, I am registered here for 12 years, I love domaining, I made some money, but I never reached the $1k mark... I had sales in mid $xxx area but that is all.

If you start domaining, you really should be patient. It is not an over-night scheme to get rich.
My advice: register .com. They are the really ones that I sold nicely. With new gtld's, I just did not make it... maybe is just me, but I offered most of the ones I have here for free. The only one that I have now, is a .xyz which is my last name, so I can do an e-mail like [email protected]

Good luck :)

•••
You already have the best of the best advices here. I just want to add that if you're looking to sell it quickly, then you'd rather have to reach the potential clients and not wait for them to come to you i.e., do outbound. Emails, calls, FB, Google, Twitter, scan all these places for your potential clients and contact them with a great pitch and price.

Artshop is such a great keyword. 'Art shop' gives About 23,840,000,000 results(0.62 seconds) in google.The only drawback is the 'io' extension which is more popular for tech domains. But again, its totally upon yourself how many buyers you can reach and how well you can sell.

Btw, NP is reseller's place, so, don't expect high prices here. I think, if you can find a end user, you can at least make 2-4 times more for the same name.

All the best!

•••
I'll be honest, I didn't read every single post in this thread.

The fact is, lots of people tell .IO others that .IO is a tech TLD. Not 100% true, actually. .IO is the ccTLD of the British Indian Ocean Territory which was cannibalized by the tech industry, just like .IT (to an extent). We should never forget the true origin of a TLD. You could be leaving money on the table.
For instance, .IT is the ccTLD for Italy. People think it's a tech TLD (Information Technology). Nope. I'd register Hotels.IT in a heartbeat. :xf.wink:

Unfortunately, I'm doubtful there is a single art shop in the British Indian Ocean Territory since it appears to be used as a British Military base (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Wikipedia shows 2012 population as...
Non‑permanent 2012 estimate c.2,500 military personnel and contractors
Permanent inhabitants ZERO

So, unfortunately, if I'm right about that, your domain is no good in that respect either (selling to an art shop in the British Indian Ocean Territory). But perhaps you can develop it into a domain that will bring X,XXX? I don't know what, I'm just sayin'. I suppose you could setup a wordpress/woocommerce dropship site with Alidropship and import art supplies for AliExpress. Just a thought. But this all costs money and time, of course. And no guarantee of buyers.

Lastly, don't bother with those online appraisal services like Estibot and Godady. They are 90% worthless.

Oh wait, one more lastly: The vast majority of end-user domain sales are not made from people listing domains on a website and getting buyers without doing anything (passive income). They are searching for buyers and contact them or enlisting a broker to do it for them. I don't think domaining is a passive income for most successful comainers.

•••
If you want to sell your domain quicker, just try to send some outbound emails to artshop sites/companies.

•••
so much advice on this thread, but the OPs original domain in first post still has no landing page....

I think balance of learning and doing is why i write this, its a positive push in the right direction.

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy appraisal on ArtShop.io is $2507.00 hang on to it for a while and do not sell it too cheaply!

Oh some people still rely on automated appraisals ?

•••
Oh some people still rely on automated appraisals ?
We would not reply on automated appraisals, but that being said, it's a great starting point.

•••
ArtShop . com does not resolve. I think its not a good sign when trying to sell the .io

Really? )))

Artshop.com is easily $xx,xxx name regardless if it resolves or not...

Resolving is not a good test. There are bunch of high value names that don't resolve.

To OP regarding artshop/io:

.io is mostly for tech startups. Now, if there would be some angle to Art Shop regarding hi-tech, then you might have an end user and even then you'd have lots of competition from artshop.com, art-shop.com, artstore, artmarket, artshop.ai etc.

•••
I just wanted to chime in.

First of all, I think ArtShop.io is a mismatch between extension and keywords. Like many before me said, I think .io should be aimed at tech-crypto keywords as adoption for this extension is good in these markets.

Second, don´t let Namepros replies discourage you. Typically, you will get less than 10% of what an end user might pay for a domain on here. The reason why is simple. We are domain investors and we want an ROI of at least 10x when we sell a name, to cover renewals etc without being in the red numbers.

An example from this week: I had Acqua // .io on here (amongst other .io names) for $75 for a while. Nobody even made a counter offer, no interest at all. Yesterday, it sold through Afternic for $688. Lucky sell I bet, but it shows that the $75 price was way too high for investors here, while an end user would pay much more.

My advice: just put ArtShop.io for around $200 on Afternic and hope it sells. If it doesn't, drop it.
If you register new names: stick to short tech related names for .io, but remember .com is king and currently you can reg 4 .com names at Dyandot for the price of 1 .io name. However, selling .com regs is tricky too, so be patient and be very careful what you register. Make sure you specialize: focus on Geo domains, brandables, tech keywords, whatever. Don't go all over the place because I think you will learn a lot faster if you are focussed.

•••
"I bought a domain Artshop.io and listed it here. I waited and waited and nothing. I got a couple of views and that was it. No inquiries nothing. " "Is it me or is it the domain it'self"

It's mostly the domain. You being new on NamePros doesn't affect the price of the domain.

Your keywords combo are good but have a bad extension(.io). If you're a beginner, STAY AWAY from registering anything but .com. For example: if you listed "artshop.com", you'll probably get around $15k+ here easily.

Also STAY AWAY from hyphens, numbers and really long names.
Thank you for the advice. You will never catch me again with anything other than .com

•••
Really? )))

Artshop.com is easily $xx,xxx name regardless if it resolves or not...

Resolving is not a good test. There are bunch of high value names that don't resolve.

To OP regarding artshop/io:

.io is mostly for tech startups. Now, if there would be some angle to Art Shop regarding hi-tech, then you might have an end user and even then you'd have lots of competition from artshop.com, art-shop.com, artstore, artmarket, artshop.ai etc.
Thank you for the reply. I like the way you look at it. I'm currently creating a list of people to contact for it. This is useful thank you.

•••
I just wanted to chime in.

First of all, I think ArtShop.io is a mismatch between extension and keywords. Like many before me said, I think .io should be aimed at tech-crypto keywords as adoption for this extension is good in these markets.

Second, don´t let Namepros replies discourage you. Typically, you will get less than 10% of what an end user might pay for a domain on here. The reason why is simple. We are domain investors and we want an ROI of at least 10x when we sell a name, to cover renewals etc without being in the red numbers.

An example from this week: I had Acqua // .io on here (amongst other .io names) for $75 for a while. Nobody even made a counter offer, no interest at all. Yesterday, it sold through Afternic for $688. Lucky sell I bet, but it shows that the $75 price was way too high for investors here, while an end user would pay much more.

My advice: just put ArtShop.io for around $200 on Afternic and hope it sells. If it doesn't, drop it.
If you register new names: stick to short tech related names for .io, but remember .com is king and currently you can reg 4 .com names at Dyandot for the price of 1 .io name. However, selling .com regs is tricky too, so be patient and be very careful what you register. Make sure you specialize: focus on Geo domains, brandables, tech keywords, whatever. Don't go all over the place because I think you will learn a lot faster if you are focussed.
Congrats on the sale of $688. It gives me encouragement. Boy, do I need it. I decided to completely stay away from .io until I know what I'm doing.
again thank you for the help

•••
•••
•••
Artroom dot com sold yesterday at GoDaddy for $5101.

I have a similar domain (dot com) I’ve received offers in the few thousand dollar range on that I’m still trying to get more for.

nurseryroom.com sold yesterday $5594. at GoDaddy

•••
Artshop.io this won't work leave it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back