IT.COM

discuss Is .IN taking off? Cycle.in sold for $16,500

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I came across this sale of Cycle.in for $16,500 on Sedo.
That is a great price for a ccTLD.

I wonder if .IN is taking off slowly. I spoke to some of the biggest .IN investors at DomainX conference and they said that big things are going to happen in .IN and that it's going to be one of the most popular ccTLD in the coming time.

What are your views?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
notice you're saying inc, investment, insurance, and not just "in", so you're proving my point. If you want to stand by inc so much, there is a .inc extension, maybe that's the next big hit ;)

India has had over a billion people for decades now and .in is still behind many other ccTLDs. so now suddenly it will change? Everyone is saying .in is such a great investment NOW, why wasn't it 5 or 10 years ago when you could get premium keywords for a fraction of the price?

I'm going to start a thread "computers; are they the next big thing?" You're acting like I said I don't think .in is great, while I'm saying don't convince yourself it's suddenly great due to factors which have been in play for years.
.Co can be called as company and its ok for you.... IN can't be called as INC as per you...double standards????

Seems to be you have not read this thread fully.. Just read from beginning many explained why. IN is best extension now....it's not about population alone...it's about infrastructure, Internet availability, economic growth, startup ecosystem improvements, government policy improvements.. Etc..many more...read from beginning one more time :)

Last edited:
•••
.Co can be called as company and its ok for you.... IN can't be called as INC as per you...double standards????

Seems to be you have not read this thread fully.. Just read from beginning many explained why. IN is best extension now....it's not about population alone...it's about infrastructure, Internet availability, economic growth, startup ecosystem improvements, government policy improvements.. Etc..many more...read from beginning one more time :)
I guess my 5 examples of co being used as company in real, billion dollar, global companies slipped past you. Can't be a double standard if my examples are actually standard.

While I read the entire thread again, you can have a look at these statistics (from the World Bank) about how great india's economy is and how it translates directly to domain names;

GDP per capita: 1,498.87 USD (2013) World Bank
Internet users: 15.1% of the population (2013) World Bank

For comparison, here's china;

GDP per capita: 6,807.43 USD (2013) World Bank
Internet users: 45.8% of the population (2013) World Bank

And the US;

GDP per capita: 53,041.98 USD (2013) World Bank
Internet users: 84.2% of the population (2013) World Bank

In addition, the median per capita income in India is $616 USD, which is 99th out of 134 qualifying countries. If the median (not average) person has to spend 1% of their yearly income just to hand reg a .in, I'm going to assume that's not where the growth of .in is coming from. It's not the US where the average person can afford to dabble in domain investing, or China where everyone shares intrinsic meanings for certain patterned domain names, thus creating a demand. Just saying "emerging market" or "growing infrastructure" won't make .in "the best extension"

•••
I am from India but personally I think investing in .in is a bad decision. Will be glad if I am proven wrong. Only time will tell. Anyways, let's come back to this thread in 2022. Will come to know whether .in has really taken off or slowed down

•••
.in has its place in tlds no doubt, but where? I'm thinking its really spiked right now, and we should wait for the dust to settle. That will be where the only true answer is.

•••
Anyways, let's come back to this thread in 2022. Will come to know whether .in has really taken off or slowed down
Ha ha...with a deal with sweet, i think we .in believers are ready for that challenge :-D

•••
I guess my 5 examples of co being used as company in real, billion dollar, global companies slipped past you. Can't be a double standard if my examples are actually standard.

While I read the entire thread again, you can have a look at these statistics (from the World Bank) about how great india's economy is and how it translates directly to domain names;

And the US;

In addition, the median per capita income in India is $616 USD, which is 99th out of 134 qualifying countries. If the median (not average) person has to spend 1% of their yearly income just to hand reg a .in, I'm going to assume that's not where the growth of .in is coming from. It's not the US where the average person can afford to dabble in domain investing, or China where everyone shares intrinsic meanings for certain patterned domain names, thus creating a demand. Just saying "emerging market" or "growing infrastructure" won't make .in "the best extension"

I suggest to take figures from 2015 (and 2016 predictions), not 2013. And from an investment point of view, we are interested into the growth rate of these figures. Not their value at given date :)

•••
Ha ha...with a deal with sweet, i think we .in believers are ready for that challenge :-D
2022 is too long...just revisit in 2020 January to conclude non believers are lost :)

•••
2022 is too long...just revisit in 2020 January to conclude non believers are lost :)

Sure. I will visit in 2020 and will be happy if I am proven wrong. Till then, continue with ur hyping of .in domains.

•••

And the US;

Try Comparing 2013 vs 2015 vs 2020 forecasts.. You will change your opinion..
One need to look at future while valuing past data.. fortune 500 companies are not constant...they change time to time on their performance ... One need to innovate and stay invested for future...same applicable in domaining

•••
One need to look at future while valuing past data.. fortune 500 companies are not constant...they change time to time on their performance ... One need to innovate and stay invested for future...same applicable in domaining

Lol. Now your constant spamming regarding .in domains seems to have an ulterior motive. If you are happy, so be it, you can continue buying scores of .in domains. I will be happy if you are successful. But for me, investing in .in domain is a waste of time and effort.

Last edited:
•••
Sure. I will visit in 2020 and will be happy if I am proven wrong. Till then, continue with ur hyping of .in domains.
Friend, you are crossed line calling me hyping... What data you have to substantiate your claim? I am just sharing my experience, knowledge and opinions about future .. Hype is a bad word and I never want to associate with any pump and dump models...anyone associated in. IN know as. IN believer and I helped with my knowledge sharing with many... I have not sold any names to any resellers to make money....you can check wirh anyone associated with. In names.. Am I a seller to reseller.. Or I.purchase from resellers.?? I am a popular buyer than seller... You have your opinion and I have my opinion...everyone can share their opinion in public forum.. Accusing an individual in a public forum without any data proves your arrogance.. Check your attitude of treating others...

•••
Lol. Now your constant spamming regarding .in domains seems to have an ulterior motive. If you are happy, so be it, you can continue buying scores of .in domains. I will be happy if you are successful. But for me, investing in .in domain is a waste of time and effort.
Lol... You jumped on. IN thread and asking me to stay away from talking. IN names?? What's this called as.. You decide...

•••
Lol. Who has asked you to stop buying .in names. Please read carefully, I have written "you can continue buying scores of .in domains".

Personally for me, investing in .in is BIG WASTE OF EFFORT, TIME AND MONEY.

•••
It is the most recent data available, but unless everyone there wins the lottery in the next 5 years, the facts remain. Growth is a decade long game.

The domain industry has had 30 years to "innovate", yet which extension remains on top? You guys have been saying "just wait and see" for years now. I present examples and data to prove my points, it's not an opinion, perhaps that's what you don't understand. But keep telling me my "opinion" is wrong

•••
I am meeting Nixi guys soon and giving a Presentation on promoting .in as a true international Domain. .in could be international, internet any many more things. It needs to be promoted aggressively.
Perception plays a very vital role. if .co can enjoy similarity baith .com so .in could be true representative of internet.

•••
Lol. Who has asked you to stop buying .in names. Please read carefully, I have written "you can continue buying scores of .in domains".

Personally for me, investing in .in is BIG WASTE OF EFFORT, TIME AND MONEY.

You said.. I am spamming on this thread and called me hyping in. IN... you accused me twice... You can try to be smart, readers are not foolish to ignore your arrogance... you don't deserve a response from me anymore.. You are a. IN hater and remain as. IN hater in history.. Even a million Haters can't change my opinion about. IN. As I can see the future with the data I have and I am not driven by sentiments and clearly driven by knowledge or data.. Good bye friend...

Last edited:
•••
You said.. I am spamming on this thread and called me hyping in. IN... you accused me twice... You can try to be smart, readers are not foolish to ignore your arrogance... you don't deserve a response from me anymore.. You are a. IN hater and remain as. IN hater in history.. Even a million Haters can't change my opinion about. IN. As I can see the future with the data I have and I am not driven by sentiments and clearly driven by knowledge or data.. Good by friend...

Lol..Goodluck.

Last edited:
•••
, continue with ur hyping of .in domains.
is he hyping it up or are YOU hyping it down?
Can you pls explain why LLL NNN in .in today has high price(on forums for e.g) than LLL NNN in .biz, .co, .info? Despite .in being quite young compared to them?

•••
At least, discussions about .in are full of passion :)

•••
Lol..Goodluck. Continue barking
Hi, I have never seen a well maintained and helpful forum like Namepros in any other business. Please don't ruin it by using words 'barking', hope moderators observe it and take appropriate action @Eric Lyon

•••
Good luck to you guys. If you invest and make money buying .in domains, well and good.

Personally, I would not even invest one paisa in .in domain

•••
You dont have to and no one cares. Many Indians and world citizens are pumping money in.

•••
Good luck to you guys. If you invest and make money buying .in domains, well and good.

You invest in .in or not that's ur call but do not abuse people.

•••
•••
You invest in .in or not that's ur call but do not abuse people.

barking = British slang for crazy

It is not an abusing term, though I agree it was unnecessary on my part. Have removed it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back