Dynadot

Is .to TLD good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ChanakyaSahu

Established Member
Impact
I am a newbie in domaining, so don't laugh at me if this is a stupid question 😅

I have discovered a domain name that is valuable but it is available in .to extension. I am really confused about .to extensions. People say that .to extensions doesn't rank well internationally but I have seen Dev.to (a community of developers), Zoro.to and Goku.to sites that have over a million users worldwide and not just limited to the "Kingdom of Tongo" (.to ccTLD). I am really attracted to this extension and want to invest in it.

If I invest in a one word or 3-5L domain (the one's that makes sense and has value in the market), Will it be a good investment?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Solution
I don't see why .to wouldn't rank as well as any other commercialized ccTLD like .co or .io.

But one issue I notice straight away is that they're not supported by either Porkbun or Godaddy. You can't register a .to-domain there, and it's not available in the GoDaddy auction-filter. But namebio does have a few recent .to sales through other avenues.

Anyway, this will significantly limit the value of .to if you intend to register it to sell it. But maybe it will open up in the near future? I could definitely see a witty play on the word "to" like "go.to", "move.to", or "travel.to" sell for $X,XXX (or maybe even higher in the future). But that's the extent of the value I see in it.

If you have a good name in mind and the registration...
I don't see why .to wouldn't rank as well as any other commercialized ccTLD like .co or .io.

But one issue I notice straight away is that they're not supported by either Porkbun or Godaddy. You can't register a .to-domain there, and it's not available in the GoDaddy auction-filter. But namebio does have a few recent .to sales through other avenues.

Anyway, this will significantly limit the value of .to if you intend to register it to sell it. But maybe it will open up in the near future? I could definitely see a witty play on the word "to" like "go.to", "move.to", or "travel.to" sell for $X,XXX (or maybe even higher in the future). But that's the extent of the value I see in it.

If you have a good name in mind and the registration fee isn't too high, then you could give it a shot. But it's good to keep in mind that it isn't a safe investment.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 1
Solution
soon or later, u will lost the passion of .to...unless u can build a site and enjoy it. otherwise, it just a mistake in most case for reseller.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
you think someone will buy and built a site with the xxxxxx.to domain you are interested with right ?

if so why someone want to do it on .to?

•••
Upvote 0
you think someone will buy and built a site with the xxxxxx.to domain you are interested with right ?

if so why someone want to do it on .to?
That’s my question.

Will anyone buy the trending word that has high value in the market but with .to extension if I offer lower price compared to other extensions?

•••
Upvote 0
That’s my question.

Will anyone buy the trending word that has high value in the market but with .to extension if I offer lower price compared to other extensions?

Check how many extensions the domain have been taken with dotdb

If there are better alternate available then the chances are low

what industry category word the domain is related to play a role too

Domain sale completely depends upon the buyer can't make comment on that better check namebio for .to sales stats

•••
Upvote 0
If you're a newbie, I would really stick to .COM over ccTLD extensions. I don't think .TO is necessarily gonna prevent you from ranking, but it could be harder to resell later on. Also, what's the renewal fee on it?

Personally, even if it's a popular word, you probably don't stand huge chances of selling it in the .TO extension..

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
If you're a newbie, I would really stick to .COM over ccTLD extensions.
This is true whether you're a newbie or not.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back