IT.COM

Is HOSTING.KR part of Domain.com?

Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Many companies are connected to the main company of Domain.com. is Hosting.kr secretly one of them? like a reseller for domain.com?

reason I asked is I submitted Giga5G.com to dotster which is part of domain.com for their $1.99 special. their platform sucks and always deletes my cart so I always end up having to give my list over to the Reps.

This has always made me worried. that they might cherry pick my domains and just say "oh sorry these domains were not available."

maybe I'm wrong for not confirming that they were taken.

but this domain Giga5g.com was registered about 20 days after I registered my list o 5g domains.

Coincidence?

this is why I wonder if these 2 registrars are connected either secretly or publicly.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not related at all:

Megazone Corp., dba HOSTING.KR
Total Domains 190,746
Location Korea, Republic of
Website www.hosting.kr
Registrar Megazone Corp., dba HOSTING.KR
Registrar IANA ID 1489

Domain.com, LLC
Total Domains 2,150,396
Location United States
Website www.domain.com
Registrar Domain.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID 886

If you look at a name at one of the Domain.com resellers, it will also list them: Reseller Dotster.com

Use a better whois utility - http://gwhois.org

Reverse search the Owner - has 1000s of domains so just another domainer who thought of the same thing you did : smile :

•••
Not related at all:

Megazone Corp., dba HOSTING.KR
Total Domains 190,746
Location Korea, Republic of
Website www.hosting.kr
Registrar Megazone Corp., dba HOSTING.KR
Registrar IANA ID 1489

Domain.com, LLC
Total Domains 2,150,396
Location United States
Website www.domain.com
Registrar Domain.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID 886

If you look at a name at one of the Domain.com resellers, it will also list them: Reseller Dotster.com

Use a better whois utility - http://gwhois.org

Reverse search the Owner - has 1000s of domains so just another domainer who thought of the same thing you did : smile :

damn. I don't know I've been of the mindset that Frontrunning still happens or that people's searches at registrars are offered to other customers as suggestions. but I don't see dotster or netfirms doing that. at least never did see that on my end being offered to me.

Anyways. I did grab Gig5G.com it's shorter. but not as brandable as Giga5G.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back