IT.COM

Is Google AdSense worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ethan

Sheriff Of NothingEstablished Member
Impact
I've been using Google AdSense since April 2004 and I haven't made over $75 over the entire span of time. I've got half my members clicking on the links, but I'm only earning like $.02 for each click and getting no where for profit.

I've also come to notice that Google is the only external connection on my site and it slows in down, and it's noticialbe on a dialup computer according to some members.

I've tried everything from placing them directly on the top, to on almost every page. I currently only use them for related research as I run an eZine it gives good links often related to the article. But the slowness isn't worth it.

Is having Adsense a site worth it? If you earn no profit, and slow down your page time for nothing should I just remove it?

I'm not saying that AdSense isn't good for some people, but I'm just asking with my case.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well this conversation has gone far, but I do think that I'm going to remove AdSense from my front page in order to fit more content. I'll keep the AdSense on other pages though as it does provide good research links for products and services related to the article.

•••
Adsense works for me, I am getting $2,- CT rates almost every day, and I do not click on my own banners ;)

•••
That's what I attempted to point out in the first post I made that it isn't for everyone, but some people have success with it. No matter the number of success stories there will always be someone who doesn't achieve a state of prosperity with something.

I don't think that my site is fit for AdSense and that I'm probably never going to earn much money from it. I'm currently planning on only using it for extended research links for my articles to assist others in finding good deals related to their current readings.

•••
It really depends on what your site is about. I wasnt earning anything at all until I added my Adsense ad to NamePros and my forum. Now I am earning a bit each month. It surprised me because I didnt expect it to do well but I logged in last month and had a check that was being sent to me already. I really wasnt expecting one already. :)

BTW: Do NOT click your own ads. THey WILL catch you.

•••
I also don't believe that they count your own clicks, I mean they have to use your IP somehow to have a simple block against that.

I've become to lazy to even pay attention to almost any form of Google Ads as they just seem to becoming like commercials where it really isn't a marketing method, but rather a way to consume the internet.

I've yet to remove the ads from my site as I've been busy with other numerous duties in life and school (and feeling like crap). But I've really decided that Google ads just aren't for my site, maybe someone elses.

•••
Ye i think no one clicks them no more! Btw i tryed clickin my ad sometimes because find something amusin but they dont give you a credit for click if you clcik your own website -_-!

•••
Well they have a good reason why not to count your click. But I've actually found some good buys and although I've never purchased them (some are on my to-buy-list) I found them via the Google links on my own site! It appears on a good article that really interest me and therefore I do what most people would do and click on it.

But it isn't counted only as some people would say that this happens 100 times a day which is why their clicks should count. Someone has to ruin it.

•••
the key is to use keywords that can make you $20 per day even if you only get 5 clicks...

•••
For me AdSense is just like a gift. I have a site drawing 80-100 uniques/day (dependng if Google has me on the first or second page) & decided to try it on my index page. Some days I will get 10-15% click through rates. My subject doesn't generate but about 10 - 30 cent clicks but that is more than I had before. Get a check every 2-3 months.

•••
hark said:
For me AdSense is just like a gift. I have a site drawing 80-100 uniques/day (dependng if Google has me on the first or second page) & decided to try it on my index page. Some days I will get 10-15% click through rates. My subject doesn't generate but about 10 - 30 cent clicks but that is more than I had before. Get a check every 2-3 months.
lucky you

•••
Only problem is that I don't really have the time to aim for good keywords and focus fully on AdSense revenue. I currently have advertisers and I prefer to deal with people that I can communicate with directly. I also run a content site so new content is the main focus and trying to squeeze another focus in would be hard.

Again another factor of being able to earn good revenue from AdSense is focusing time on it. I think that I could get a good article done on this with some good information pointed out in this thread.

•••
google adsense is doing wonders for one of my sites :)
click through ratio is continously around 25-30% for the last month.
easily making a good side income for me, good beer money & hopefully put a nice deposit towards a house just because of adsense, next yr if this flow continues. :)

•••
sumthin said:
google adsense is doing wonders for one of my sites :)
click through ratio is continously around 25-30% for the last month.
easily making a good side income for me, good beer money & hopefully put a nice deposit towards a house just because of adsense, next yr if this flow continues. :)
that is seriously high, is any1 clicking thoruhg artificially?

•••
30%?

ya right - smells like fraud

•••
The first Check from Google arrived yesterday :) very nice mail :D

•••
GT Web said:
30%?

no, just good search engine rankings all over Google for good search terms.
ads are placed nicely, to entice the click through to adsense.
put your mind to it, it can be easily accomplished if you have an authority domain name and are experienced in SEO.

•••
sumthin said:
GT Web said:
30%?

no, just good search engine rankings all over Google for good search terms.
ads are placed nicely, to entice the click through to adsense.
put your mind to it, it can be easily accomplished if you have an authority domain name and are experienced in SEO.
looks like i gotta improve my skills, i only get 1%

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back