NameSilo

Is Google AdSense worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ethan

Sheriff Of NothingEstablished Member
Impact
I've been using Google AdSense since April 2004 and I haven't made over $75 over the entire span of time. I've got half my members clicking on the links, but I'm only earning like $.02 for each click and getting no where for profit.

I've also come to notice that Google is the only external connection on my site and it slows in down, and it's noticialbe on a dialup computer according to some members.

I've tried everything from placing them directly on the top, to on almost every page. I currently only use them for related research as I run an eZine it gives good links often related to the article. But the slowness isn't worth it.

Is having Adsense a site worth it? If you earn no profit, and slow down your page time for nothing should I just remove it?

I'm not saying that AdSense isn't good for some people, but I'm just asking with my case.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What do you mean "I've got half my members clicking on the links" ?
Are you Encouraging People to click the Ads even if they are not interested in the Site Advertised ? If So This is Probably your problem .... The peeps I know that are using it are getting 0.35 per click on average (Spread throughout many keyword/Terms) and some are getting over 2 bucks per clickthrough .... ????

•••
I was more encouraging them to at least look at them as most people completely ingnored them and I wasn't get more than about 3 clicks a week.

I've also gotten $2 clickthroughs, but not often.

I don't know why I hardly earn anything with AdSense, but it just doesn't seem right for my site.

•••
that is about the right about, you cannot expect very high pay alll the time.

•••
the problem is that the content you have on your site does not produce high paying ads. for me i dont encourage the clicking or even mention it because its against tos and i get some high click through rates from pure traffic alone. It all depends on your amount of traffic and you have to let the ads take its course. you cant enforce clicks or even the ads themselves because its agains tos so the best suggestion i have is look for high paying ads and build your content around that and get more traffic.

•••
Why don't you try clicking through some yourself. Against the TOS I know but they wont.

•••
^
Yeah I agree, I mean there is nothing wrong with clicking the ads yourself once a day.

GO DBLESS

•••
I'd strongly advise against doing such stuff, it's fairly trivial to match the IP you signed up with to the AdSense program with the one you'd be using on a daily basis. Likewise, if you try doing it through a proxy, in the hope of not showing up with your IP, the logs would soon reflect this high number of proxified requests. I'm not sure what the TOS say about you clicking your own ads (I'd say it's strictly forbidden but don't take my word for granted). All in all, don't try to fool the system or you can get easily booted.

Be imaginative, do some research and see which keywords are worth it, produce some specifically targeted content and promote such sites/pages. Work on content, this is a good/safe advise that will also help bring more traffic to your site. You'll soon see how it soon pays off to follow the guidelines without worries of being kicked.

Last edited:
•••
GamingHybrid said:
^
Yeah I agree, I mean there is nothing wrong with clicking the ads yourself once a day.

GO DBLESS
There is something wrong with clicking your own ads:

1. The advertisers have paid for getting their ads up there and clicking their ads would waste away the $$$ they spent to have it up. How would you like it if someone just clicked your ad and wasted away your $$$ just because they wanted to earn $$$ for themselves ? In a way, it's like stealing. ;)

2. It's against Google Adsense's TOS and can get your account banned. Feel free to click other people's ads, but only if you're interested!

Note: Remove your Google Adsense earnings, it's against Google's TOS to tell others about your earnings.

•••
GamingHybrid said:
^

GO DBLESS
there is actually heaps of things wrong, then one which you will care most is that your account will be banned. Google pays every year anyways

•••
GamingHybrid said:
^

GO DBLESS

It's reasons like this that I am wary of allowing my own AdWords campaigns to run on people's web sites. I mean, as much as I'd love to pay you money every day for nothing in return, it's just not a good way to do business.

/me smacks you upside the head.

•••
I don't know but i got one day a check form google adsense an di think google worth a try but you need a site with some traffic!

•••
Qwert said:
Why don't you try clicking through some yourself. Against the TOS I know but they wont.

i clicked it once a day and they kicked me off i was gettin aver bout $1.50 per click

•••
dx3k said:
Qwert said:

i clicked it once a day and they kicked me off i was gettin aver bout $1.50 per click

D-:

•••
GamingHybrid said:
^

GO DBLESS

i cant see how god can bless a cheat click! 8-X

•••
redhippo said:
dx3k said:
Qwert said:

D-:
well of course you would be if you were the only ones clicking them

•••
redhippo said:

When I click man, I check out the site and see if there is anything I want to purchase. Not everyoen who clicks on an ad buys something from that site.

GOD BLESS

•••
GamingHybrid said:
redhippo said:

When I click man, I check out the site and see if there is anything I want to purchase. Not everyoen who clicks on an ad buys something from that site.

GOD BLESS
even so. you shouldn't be clicking when it is stated you can't on the TOS

•••
Technically it is not my own Adsense account.

GOD BLESS

•••
i cant see how god can bless a cheat click!
yes it can but you coudl click ny connecting woithe proxies(illegal but good)

•••
1rrr1 said:

i wasnt the only one clicking them i was gettin about 4 click per day average

•••
dx3k said:
1rrr1 said:

i wasnt the only one clicking them i was gettin about 4 click per day average
Well that was unlucky you got caught, but still you shouldn't be clicking them and you shouldn't complain when they delete your account if they told you not to click your own ads

•••
i ent botherd i understood once i realisd y i couldnt log in do u think they'l accept if i re apply?

•••
redhippo said:
GamingHybrid said:
^

GO DBLESS

:lol: LOL @ RedHippo!

•••
See Gaming Hybrid, you gotta learn, never agree with me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back