Dynadot

Is FreshDrop.com Dead?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I noticed it's been unresponsive over the past few days, and before that, they had lost several data feeds... anyone know if it's dead and gone, or just hibernating?

http://www.freshdrop.com/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are finally up and running again. I was beginning to fear the worst...

•••
Down again for anyone else?

•••
Not responding here either.

•••
Aren't they a registrar for snapnames?

•••
I think freshdrop is the work of @gorilla_bob and if so is the same one that has had problems with its Drop Catch platform. Others have had issues with him if you do a search

•••
Fresh Drop is great when its working correctly .

•••
Fresh Drop is back online at my end .

•••
FreshDrop is dead it seems

•••
Yeah, it's been offline for a while.

•••
feshdrop.com have been blatantly scamming people for the last year, at least. They bill you every month and you can't stop them, they offer no service at all now, the site doesn't even work. There appears to be no way to stop these people debiting your CC, its outrageous!

If anyone has any ideas how to stop these scammers let me know

•••
feshdrop.com have been blatantly scamming people for the last year, at least. They bill you every month and you can't stop them, they offer no service at all now, the site doesn't even work. There appears to be no way to stop these people debiting your CC, its outrageous!

If anyone has any ideas how to stop these scammers let me know

Your credit card company can block charges from a particular merchant. You can also probably file a charge back claim for the last couple months of debits.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Your credit card company can block charges from a particular merchant. You can also probably file a charge back claim for the last couple months of debits.

Unfortunately they can't. You have to cancel the card and request a brand new card :(

Its the only way to stop them...frustrating

•••
Unfortunately they can't. You have to cancel the card and request a brand new card :(

Its the only way to stop them...frustrating
Sorry to hear that. I know I’ve had a particular merchant blocked before. I guess it must depend on the bank.

•••
Down for me now. Loading icon keeps spinning it just won't load.

•••
Yes, don’t sign up. I had to cancel my card that I’ve had for 5+ years because I couldn’t get a response after 2 months of emails.

Submit chargebacks for everything they charged you.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, I've spoken to a guy I know who owns a payment processing company, he has advised me to do chargebacks on all transactions and that will eventually stop their merchant account and we can get them out of business hopefully

Last edited:
•••
Just call the bank, chargeback, tell them site is no longer active yet you're being charged, problem solved

•••
Just call the bank, chargeback, tell them site is no longer active yet you're being charged, problem solved
As another poster also pointed out, it isn't as simple as this when you pay with a CC. (Otherwise there wouldn't be so many complaints about it)

Anyway, I've eventually spoken to CC supplier who will take action against this company and prevernt them from billing further.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back