Dynadot

Is extention so important ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wilfredo

Internet EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
Is extention so important ?

Would you stop visisting namepros if they changed to namepros.tk ?

Well I wouldnt, and I dont belive any of you would.

Ofcourse do a .com look a bit cooler, but a good keyword do that aslo.

Well, I think people need to think a little wider when developing sites. The name of the site can be important, the extention not.

Or what do you say ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
^ That was certainly an interesting read. I've never regged a .biz before

•••
and so, u should stick with not regging any .biz

•••
cmos, you make sweeping proclamations about the DN market, but I rarely see you back up your statements with any information. Opinions are not necessarily facts.

On .biz you state that:

They only register them cause they are there, like most big companies register every small ccTLD to
Could you share your sources for this statement w/ us? Would love to see a list of some of the larger Europeon companies that have opted for the cctld over .com, let alone the large multi-national giants..

-Yeah there is no market for .biz
-.Biz will never be big, no companies have started using it. They are having to hard time on trying to get biz to use .biz

What info do you have that backs this up?

Here are ome of the significant .biz sales over the past 3 mos:

Book.biz $7,000
Reifen.biz"tires" in German €5,500 = $6,894
Meningite.biz ("Meningitis in French & Italian) $4,250
Branchen.biz (German for "industries") €2,500 = $3,071
Horror.biz $1,150
Bier.biz €1,000 = $1,210
BVL.biz €600 = $726
FAQ.biz $500
SDI.biz $450
Sportwette.biz $350
Vision.biz $343

In euro people type their ccTLD not .com, and this will probably become a world wide thing.

5 of the top 10 .biz names were purchased by Europeon cos, so at least some Europeons have an opinion that is quite different from yours.
Furthermore, I don't see any of the above names as being defensive registrations, being that they are generic in nature.

True, the above names are a small slice of the pie, and represent the best of the past 3 months. But what I see in this list is potential, potential, potential

What I don't see is anything that would support your opinions.:kickass:

Last edited:
•••
what i think is that those prices you listed are... overpriced. i dont think those domains are worth that much because the .biz hurts it.

•••
Well just look at that, the biz I "think" that most of thoose domains was purshased by people like us.

And ofcourse .biz still can make sales.

But I have never seen a big company or shop using .biz, even if some do that not a big number anyway.

Seen some very small hosting firms using .biz, thats all.

We are talking about millions biz in the world, do they have .biz ?

Have you ever seen a advertisment with a .biz ? I have not.

Reifen.biz"tires" in German �5,500 = $6,894 - wow that a very nice site, have you looked at it ?

I really dont think that .biz ever will get big, I have not seen anything that talks for that anyway.

•••
i think extentions are important because lots of people who use the internet dont know that there are other extentions apart from .com ...

•••
I think it's horses for courses.

For example, I own lots of .com/org/us/ some /net/biz - no .info..lol - I also have a couple of .ws and 1 .name

So, to give 2 different examples.

1) I own ALL the main TLD's for "sy4" (.com/net/org/us/info/biz/co.uk)

That is more of a defensive and Uniqueness standpoint.

2) DropMarket.com
This is my new site I'm launching tomorrow.

I also have the following domains which are being tied into the service :

DropLists.info
DropLists.biz
DropLists.us
DropLists.name
DropLists.ws

So for me, they work perfectly :)

Rgds
MAtt

•••
Hmm, that look more as advertisment for youre site than a comment to the discussion.

•••
Not atall.

The point being, that TLD's "are" important to me, and that particular scenario. The .com/net/org isnt important to me. The other tld's are :)

And, the name of the domain is also correct. Sooooo, hopefully now u can understand in THIS scenario, what I'm saying about TLD's :)

Rgds
MAtt

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back