IT.COM

Is Dynadot.com Down For You Too?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Expron

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
Hmm,

I've been trying to login to Dynadot.com all night & they seem down. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

I'm out in Chicago, IL USA so - maybe it's a regional thing?

It seems like their API is down as well.

I know they're a smaller company.. Hopefully they get up & going again soon!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Auraka said:
You guys are really worried about promos? That is pretty sick in the head, right now I'm worried about the names I have in DynaDot and what happened to their customer database.

I agree....

•••
Lots of people dont like tasters so there wont be much pitty. I only taste like 5 or so names at a time, usually end up keep half at least so I dont have much to lose plus they arnt just whatever names, they are names of interest with dev. potential.

From what Ive heard Domain tasting is coming to an end and its because of the people who taste hundreds of names at a time. They are abusing the system which was put in place.

•••
FusionSpy said:
OK this is getting kind of annoying now - nothing offical from their side, I cannot push domains, ... hope this gets sorted out in a few hours now.

This sentence looks familiar last two days :bah:
At least they could informed us with some exact information.

Any ground for statement of claim against them because of this? :]

I really liked them, and their interface, but kid in a nursery would inform enviroment around him about facts if something is happening. This is very carelessly, annoying and boldly!!!

•••
I just received this today.

-------------

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:24:00 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXX
2 attachments
details00...txt (0.2 KB), Dynadot i...mht (1.7 KB)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server. [email protected]

•••
Last edited:
•••
At the least they have been phone supportive during this crisis. Something registrar fly (AKA: RegFly) never did.

I made a domain exodus to dynadot when registrar fly failed as a company.

•••
down completely now, not even a message

•••
Yeah hope things are moving into the right direction :)

•••
Looks like they doing some action, the page with the "spare" information is gone (get a network error now)

I really hope that their customer database is fine (the database where the products are connected to the customers)

•••
They're back up & running for me!

•••
•••
yep here (in europe) too!

•••
finalwebsites said:
Looks like they doing some action, the page with the "spare" information is gone (get a network error now)

I really hope that their customer database is fine (the database where the products are connected to the customers)

I notice that they changed the domain ("Dynadot.com") point to 208.78.242.180 again and I believed the problem will solve in a short period.

Originally, Dynadot.com is point to 208.78.242.180, but when the server unaccessable, they pointed the ip to 208.78.242.184 which is known as ("Park.dynadot.com") server, and use the ("Park.dynadot.com") server to display the error message.

•••
ding ding.

dynadown is no longer dot!

•••
Everything looks okay to me, can't wait for their news release ;)

•••
•••
Hmm... I have domains that I deleted for credit but they are now back in my account, plus I cant delete another one that has 25+ hrs. remaining wtf.

EDIT : I see now that a name I deleted is still in my account but its not valid, I guess they has some cleaning up to do.

Last edited:
•••
Yup....first request to transfer a domain out sent in a minute ago....many more to follow over the next 60 days

•••
they restored an older backup of their database

•••
You guys make sure all of your domains are in your Dynadot.com account.

I'M MISSING SEVERAL!!!!

•••
Look as in the night i need check again my domain whois one for one... checking vs domaintherapy.

•••
Anyone an idea how old is this database backup?

I see my latest transactions but maybe I forgot something?

•••
Hope server will be able to hold now that everybody is rushing on site :)

•••
Missing 6 domains. Still showing me as owner via whois.

something's up - email sent to contact us on dynadot.com

•••
All look good. But one customer who dont pay, and expires two days ago, look as renewed and the domain on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back