Dynadot

Is Dynadot.com Down For You Too?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Expron

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
Hmm,

I've been trying to login to Dynadot.com all night & they seem down. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

I'm out in Chicago, IL USA so - maybe it's a regional thing?

It seems like their API is down as well.

I know they're a smaller company.. Hopefully they get up & going again soon!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't know if I'm missing any. The "big" ones are there, though.

•••
I'm missing one as well.

On certain whois lookups, the domain that's missing from my Dynadot account doesn't even exist. If I use Domain Tools I get "Server response: No match for domain '<DOMAIN>'". But if I use Internic it still has my info, and the site is running just fine.

•••
Just tried to authorize a transfer and got back the nasty page about the technical problems (should be a DNS problem )

•••
I am missing all domains registered after 28th to the point Dynadot went down.

EDIT: luckily there is only one domain for me missing - it seems that the time from 28th backup to the downtime is under 9 hours so hopefully you guys don't have many registrations at that time

Last edited:
•••
Only missing one name regged on the 28th of Feb, last Saturday. I have a few old names that I deleted a while back which show in my list but my account balance is fine.

The 2 deleted names listed in my account are available to reg.

•••
sunmacet said:
I am missing all domains registered after 28 th to the point Dynadot went down.

yep that could be right, my last mail from Dynadot is from 28th February.

•••
The domains that are missing from the UI appear to still have receipts listed in the order log, so it's not like proving ownership of the missing domains will be difficult.

•••
cdsnetwork said:
The domains that are missing from the UI appear to still have receipts listed in the order log, so it's not like proving ownership of the missing domains will be difficult.

Confirmed. All the missing domains (now two for me) is clearly in the order log. If all goes best Dynadot just makes some fancy script to add that period of completed orders to accounts. Some magic is needed now for sure.

I am scared like hell because of this issue. I was almost sure that I did lost my life's work because of this...

•••
I unable to delete some domains because of the downtime exceed 48 hours.

28 X .cc domains = 790 USD

51 X .tv domains = 1683 USD

14 X $7.99 domains = 111 USD

Total : 2584 USD.

E-mail has been sent to dynadot and still waiting for them to reply.

Last edited:
•••
agentscarn said:
Missing four here.

I knew I was right. No response from support regarding this. I have clear proof that I'm the rightful owner. This further is hurting my sale because 2 of the domains are the ones I just sold.

•••
I cant believe how many names are being tasted, never figured it would be so many, no wonder ICANN is getting fed up lol

•••
Tippy said:
I cant believe how many names are being tasted, never figured it would be so many, no wonder ICANN is getting fed up lol

Yeah, i didn't realize the extent either. Always assumed it was just the big registrars and companies like Snap / Pool / Enom etc. I've been guilty of tasting about 10-15 domains over the last 6-8 months... and for some reason thought that was bad.

I appreciated the fact Dyna allowed for easy delete during grace period. I think that is a good thing, but obviously in some cases it could be seen as being abused. Then again, some might see it as being ok because they are paying a fee to taste.

Anyway, need to go and check if any of my names are missing. Hope not.

•••
I unable to delete some domains because of the downtime exceed 48 hours.

28 X .cc domains = 790 USD

51 X .tv domains = 1683 USD

14 X $7.99 domains = 111 USD

Total : 2584 USD.

E-mail has been sent to dynadot and still waiting for them to reply.

Kam, I don't have quite as many but pretty close too it. I also sent them an email. Keep us updated when you get the email response.

•••
My names are still missing. No word back from support. All of my business transactions have been halted for the past few hours do to this. I've refunded my buyers.
This doesn't look good. I doubt it anyone else's email have been replied too.

Thanks Dynadot for the crappy service. I've done thousands of dollars and business with you but I'm done. I may still use your bulk lookup feature though.

•••
nvm

Last edited:
•••
They're clearly still working out DB issues (I have the same problem with domains I regged on 2-28 not showing, deleted domains still showing that shouldn't, etc), although other functionality seems fine.

My email to support, sent as soon as they came back up, has also gone unanswered. After this depressing showing, I'm sure they have a lot of email to sift through.

ripley.

•••
Dynadot is back.. Hurray..:D

•••
jdenwar said:
Dynadot is back.. Hurray..:D
Not exactly Hurray...

I'm going to have a very tough time recommending Dynadot after this debacle. I can't believe they haven't yet even offered an explanation. Two domains missing from my account, one name I pushed is back in my account and two domains I grace deleted are now showing. I don't even know how to grace delete two names that I registered but are not showing in my account. I hope this will all be sorted ASAP but what a mess :td:

•••
They have a little bit more info on their forum plus a few threads started.

•••
I hope that you are all maintaning a list of all domains you own right ? :music:

•••
Where do you find the auth code for your domain?

NeverMind found it....under security Lock

Last edited:
•••
sdsinc said:
I hope that you are all maintaning a list of all domains you own right ? :music:

Domaintherapy.com/demo/ =)

•••
chader144 said:
Where do you find the auth code for your domain?

You have to unlock the domain. Once you unlock it, an auth code will appear next to the unlocking option.

ripley.

•••
everyone ought to quit resorting to these mom and pop registrars and just stick with GoDaddy. one problem with domainers is that they try to penny pinch at every opportunity in spite of the implications

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back