IT.COM

Is Dan.com better than Sedo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dan or Sedo

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Dan is much better

votes
    60.0%
  • Dan is (just) better

votes
    10.0%
  • No big difference

votes
    17.0%
  • Sedo is better

votes
    5.0%
  • Sedo is much better

votes
    8.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

topdom

Top Member
Impact
I mean, in terms of number of sales, and volume (not in terms of commission).

Switching is a big deal, so I first ask.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, without a doubt.

Transfers and payments at Dan are quite simply the smoothest I've come across from any marketplace ever.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Peach vs Nectarine
Sedo has a marketplace, Dan is basically just landing pages/transactions

•••
I mean, in terms of number of sales, and volume (not in terms of commission).

Switching is a big deal, so I fist ask.
Yes, in many ways. Only one way Sedo is better - convert a lead offer into an Auction. Apart from that, Dan is much better.

•••
Yes dan is 100% better sedo is dated and slow

•••
Ok you all say Dan is better on the average. So is this like, I was selling 1 domains at Sedo a month, but after swithcing to Dan I sell 3 names: is this what you mean?

A buyer lands at Sedo and decides to negotiate and buy.
Same thing happens at Dan.

What makes Dan work better in this case?

A few things that come to mind:

-Sedo shows seller's location, and each buyer hates some locations in the world, and
decides not to buy, or not pay much depending on seller location.

-Sedo doesn't give any useful info about buyer, so we don't know if we are negotiating with a flipper,
or a real enduser.

I feel I almost never sell to actual endusers at Sedo recently. Also half of buyers don't pay.

There is not much big difference between new Sedo landing page and Dan landing page.
Sedo should be as good as Dan now, if discrimination and IP/flipper issues are not important.
Maybe the only problem is that their mobile version is bad and noone is aware of it.
Sedo transfers are easy and smooth. Gettng bids, and in case of "sale" , making buyers pay, are difficult at Sedo. There may be traitors inside Sedo working for other marketplaces. I would take such a possibility seriously if I were them.

Last edited:
•••
Dan is lower cost and cost matters a lot.

Last edited:
•••
For .COMs - DAN for everything else - Sedo

•••
Landers at DAN. Sell at DAN, Sedo and Afternic.

Why limit yourself ?

•••
I've dealt with customers who explicitly asked to process the sale using Sedo. At the same time, I've seen no requests to proceed through undeveloped / dan. Affected domains were not initially offered on either platform. It means that Sedo, possibly being a very old player, does have a loyal enduser customer base.

•••
Loyal enduser customer base? Highly doubtful.

•••
imo, there's really no comparison overall how much better DAN is with DAN light years ahead of sedo.

Last edited:
•••
For BIN domains I recommend Sedo, these domains also participate in their MLS...
MakeOffer domains you may sell where you like... even via blank page with your email address.

Last edited:
•••
How much is Sedo MLS? How much is Dan?

Please...

•••
Ok you all say Dan is better on the average. So is this like, I was selling 1 domains at Sedo a month, but after switching to Dan I sell 3 names: is this what you mean?
I would like to hear more on this as well.

•••
The only accurate response is: Test and see for yourself.

The results vary wildly from one domainer to another, depending on their portfolio. To me, Dan brings many lowball offers while Sedo hasn't brought a single sale so far. And Afternic brings the bacon.

But that's different for others.

•••
DAN may be better but look at the latest sales on Namebio and many are from Sedo

•••
And Afternic brings the bacon.
GoDaddy brings it.
Afternic without GoDaddy is like any other marketplace in terms of results.

•••
•••
Question is, better in which way ?

-Interface, Landers and commission- DAN may be good..

But one important criteria could be which of the platform helps in anyway to sell faster and/or at better
prices?

There the comparison could be between Afternic, Sedo and Flippa only, DAN perhaps not in picture also..
What do you say ?

•••
Dan is the WORST!!!!!
Found out someone is selling one of my domains!!!
Do they not check ownership???
Contacted them thinking they will shut this scammer down...nope!!!
I have to send them a screen shot of my domain registration?!!!
Great security...not.

•••
DAN may be better but look at the latest sales on Namebio and many are from Sedo
DAN sales are not reported on NameBio (unless the seller individually report them).
Sedo sales over $2000 (plus all auction ones) are routinely reported to NameBio (unless the buyer or seller pays an optional fee for privacy of sale).
Therefore one can not make any conclusion about sales on Afternic, DAN and Sedo from NameBio, as only Sedo report.
Bob

•••
Dan is the WORST!!!!!
Found out someone is selling one of my domains!!!
Do they not check ownership???
Contacted them thinking they will shut this scammer down...nope!!!
I have to send them a screen shot of my domain registration?!!!
Great security...not.

these are not scammers but previous owners.
across all markets, there is like 100s of thousands of domains which previous owners never bothered to remove when they expired etc. some markets try to clean them up automaticaly, and some do it only by request like Dan.

so if you see your domain on Dan, email them to remove it. no screenshots, no namecalling, just simple email... i do this once every few days. cheers

Last edited:
•••
Back