NameSilo

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Am I the only one who is actually a little worried about the effect that this thread may be having on Adam Dicker right now ?

Can somebody assure me that he has a support network of some sort. I mean, it is looking likely that he has ripped a lot of people off, and if that is the case then he fully deserves criticism and disdain, but he is still a human being and one who appears to have lost friends.

I'd be worried about his vulnerability right now, the internet is a lonely place, has anybody reached out to him for assurances that he is in an OK place right now?

If he is a man in financial trouble as has been suggested, then could he even be given an olive branch here? E.g. come clean about your situation and seek support from the community in resolving issues?

•••
The post was for Younes, not shane.
In fact I'm not enjoying nor feeling sorry for anyone , I don't know this Adam Dicker , and why I should feel sorry about him ; he wasn't feeling sorry about me when I was facing all my life's problems because he didn't know me. It's simple.

Last edited:
•••
Am I the only one who is actually a little worried about the effect that this thread may be having on Adam Dicker right now ?

Can somebody assure me that he has a support network of some sort. I mean, it is looking likely that he has ripped a lot of people off, and if that is the case then he fully deserves criticism and disdain, but he is still a human being and one who appears to have lost friends.

I'd be worried about his vulnerability right now, the internet is a lonely place, has anybody reached out to him for assurances that he is in an OK place right now?

If he is a man in financial trouble as has been suggested, then could he even be given an olive branch here? E.g. come clear about your situation and seek support from the community in resolving issues?
You mirror my thoughts on this whole issue

•••

If he is a man in financial trouble as has been suggested, then could he even be given an olive branch here? E.g. come clean about your situation and seek support from the community in resolving issues?

The man raised 5-figures in 3 hours to settle a debt with the only person who came forward.

He's doing just fine.

•••
The man raised 5-figures in 3 hours to settle a debt with the only person who came forward.

He's doing just fine.

Five figures isn't really that much when you've got 40000 domain renewals to pay for though, its all relative.

The dropping of LLLL.com domains that somebody mentioned is a bit bizarre, seeing as they are liquid domains, it implies not enough capital for renewals.

Last edited:
•••
I'm off to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I hope he remember to take his meds

•••
Sometimes people do desperate things in desperate times

•••
•••
just curious how someone can get a copy of the private conversation between cyger and dicker?

•••
just curious how someone can get a copy of the private conversation between cyger and dicker?

A few of us have asked this but there have been no real answers so far, maybe we find out in part 2? Maybe not...

•••
A few of us have asked this but there have been no real answers so far, maybe we find out in part 2? Maybe not...

Without indicating a reliable source that was used to attain a script of such a personal conversation, one can only wonder if it was attained through criminal actions? HACK?

I have to say i did not have any financial dealings with Adam so i cannot comment on his integrity when offering services, only learn from how he failed to fulfill obligations with others.

Anyway other peoples business is not my business so i will politely sit back and watch the funnel that this gong show creates.

Last edited:
•••
$hit happens

Last edited:
•••
nevermind

Last edited:
•••
I just had a quick browse through this monster thread. I'm surprised to see some people defending Adam by saying "buyer beware" and that those who got screwed should just treat it as any other investment not going well and move on.

If you read the details from what some people wrote, you'll see this wasn't just any investment. This is almost like hiring an investment broker to use your money to invest in some stocks and bonds only later to find out that broker took his service fee and didn't do anything. He didn't put your money in any stocks or bonds at all. His specific promises of putting $x in x bond on x date and time were not fulfilled. How were those people supposed to treat this as buyer beware or a failed investment.

It's a different story if Adam promised to build someone a website which he would toss on a fancy CTA, quality content, send out some messages to his connections or to random leads in that websites field and no one would bite. That I would call just a poor investment or one that just didn't pan out.

But if he promised certain, very specific things which he would do by by a certain time and actually did NOT do those things, that is NOT a simple failed investment. That's something far worse and unethical. This for the most part is what's happened to many people who've been convinced by Adams many sales pitches.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
•••
Also after speaking to an attorney, what is criminal is 'unauthorized access to a computer' and 'extortion'.

I am hiring a US lawyer to deal with these and other issues but I do not plan on avoiding the actual issues.

My side will come out eventually and I thank even those in this thread that don't like me for their support.
Adam
I'd have liked a whole lot more information before I call Adam a criminal and for that, if he isn't charged with anything by the courts at this time, you did open yourself up to Libel in my book. Shane. You seem to be ok with it. I'd have preferred to have heard a straight up verbal interview between you and Adam before you started this tread or given him a chance to reply to you directly before you burn him up but it's not a news reporters thread by any stretch. I'm also not sure you are going to have an coverage in the states as a blogger. GL to both of you.

•••
I'd have liked a whole lot more information before I call Adam a criminal and for that, if he isn't charged with anything by the courts at this time, you did open yourself up to Libel in my book. Shane. You seem to be ok with it. I'd have preferred to have heard a straight up verbal interview between you and Adam before you started this tread or given him a chance to reply to you directly before you burn him up but it's not a news reporters thread by any stretch. I'm also not sure you are going to have an coverage in the states as a blogger. GL to both of you.
As for the conversation that was presented to us, it could only come from one place and I'll assume it wasn't Adam. Since Michael gave it to you for whatever reason, and said he wouldn't, he also lied in this post and if he did to Adam, than I've got issues with the entire interview and the purpose of the release..

•••
Actually it can be if you continue trading when you are insolvent, at least in the UK. If your business has reached the point where it has no possibility of paying its debts, you are required to stop trading or you are breaking the law.

No idea of the real facts here, but thanks to those posting info.
Adam is in Canada, not the UK.

•••
I agree that @Shane Bellone may have gone a little too far in calling @Adam Dicker an outright "criminal" but hey, isn't this what Newspapers do everyday to draw attention to the headline of the day !!? It's probably only his intention to highlight this news
And that's why Newspapers (which Shane isn't) get sued and sometimes lose millions of dollars.

•••
As for the conversation that was presented to us, it could only come from one place and I'll assume it wasn't Adam. Since Michael gave it to you for whatever reason, and said he wouldn't, he also lied in this post and if he did to Adam, than I've got issues with the entire interview and the purpose of the release..

I'm not sure that that's a fair accusation. You may be right, but it's also possible that the transcript was stolen or obtained otherwise without either party's knowledge.

•••
Allot of talk, around very little amounts of fact so far....

•••
@Shane Bellone Thanks for putting this story out there. It sounds like this guy has ruled by a reign of silence.

•••
Allot of talk, around very little amounts of fact so far....

Could be that many of us have seen Adam talk about lawyers/attorneys each time there's a hint of anything negative said about him in any forum, blog or website. Not sure if that's just a personality trait or discreet threats but in any case, it seems to be working since many of the people who I know are too scared to post publicly what has happened.. even if it's the simple facts.

•••
true story....I havent been actively selling domain names for a while, but I have sold about 7 over the last 3 years and all where over 15,000 dollar mark. I just recently started to buy some more domains and get back in it as my side hustle. I go to youtube watch a couple of sherpa videos and all most straight up went in on dicker for the way he constantly acts like any domain name that he doesn't create is subpar. I had the comment and email ready to go and I sat back and said"you know he is a grown man and I am too let me leave it alone." Then this shit pops up out of nowhere. I am a pretty accomplished business man and my gift is reading peoples auras. He rubbed me the wrong way on every episode and I do not even know him. What I am getting at is he came off as a weasel and snake oil salesmen. Domaining can be lucrative but like most of all things that bring in money it's not complicated. To me it seemed like he thought that because he has been in the game for a while that it made it more of a complicated science than a common sense thing. People like that have inferiority complexes. I stick with my gut and for him to even have allegations like that speaks volumes. You know somebody in the first 5 minutes of interacting with them or seeing them interacting with others.

I bet when all the facts are released my hunch will be more right than wrong.

•••
Ill be one of those waiting for the "facts" then.

I also dont see Shane doing this for anything else besides a profit in some way or another.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back