NameSilo

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Located in Warnings and Alerts, started by S-B, Oct 5, 2015

Replies:
Views:

1. carob

carob Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Interesting discussion about the mugshots.com extortion racket mentioning Adam Dicker, and discussing use of Paypal for those mugshot removal sites, found at:
    http://www.kcsr.org/archive/index.php/t-125790-p-7.html

They point out that Paypal's acceptable use policy ( https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full ) exludes products that
    or

Paypal has a special facility to report infringement - for example someone selling you content copied/stolen from elsewhere:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ561&topicID=&m=ARA

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. carob

3. daj

daj Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Actually this would be my fault. I'm the one who reported your thread to a mod based on whoisology.com data that I thought was accurate. I didn't realize until after sending in the report that the whoisology data wasn't recent data that they were reporting and was based on data from August. My mistake.

See...http://imgur.com/a/thtpd/all I should of looked more closely at the screen and saw all the data they were reporting was from August, not from October. Sorry. I do apologize.

4. carob

Also found at http://www.kcsr.org/archive/index.php/t-125790-p-7.html :
    Adam Dicker still owns A$$holes.com today but it is parked on Sedo. Funny, formerly the live site was showcasing complaints from people who paid for websites and did not get them, and complaints of services not as described:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120508194822/http://assholes.com/

Attached Files:

5. daj

I actually told Sir Drago about the Jin-Sin thing via pm. So the info came from my own error. lol

6. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

I think the threwd should remaij open based on the latest developments.

7. carob

Also really interesting to read the TOS/disclaimer on Dicker's assholes .com consumer complaints site - he was willing to post anything and refuse to remove it:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120508205920/http://assholes.com/disclaimer

8. daj

Yes, SirDrago PM'ed me as well and asked if I knew MasterOfMyDomains name. I didn't and he than told me he thought he was Stanley Pace, which startled me as well. I didn't think it was true though as Stanley/Max is in incarcerated, but for some reason he really thought it was him and he had escaped jail I guess but our minds have a funny way of connecting dots that aren't there. There was no clear evidence pointing them as being the same person. I'm not sure how he connected the two, but he really thought it was true.

I'm the one who PM'ed Sir Drago about Jin-Sin based on the whoisology data which I should of looked more into that turned out to be inaccurate. I do apologize for that.

9. anon22339

anon22339 Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Guys, can you please stay focused on the AD scandal instead of each other? The value of this thread is waning due to all the off topic meta chatter. If your next post is not about AD, stop yourself and use PM instead to communicate with the person(s) you are seeking to influence. I for one simply want AD or his attorney to refund me my money for the worst website development experience in my 20+ years on the Web. What a waste of time and money this has been. It's infuriating to have dealt with a man of apparently such limited integrity. At this point, I just want my money back and to move on.

10. freedom30

freedom30 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

...this thread is looking like it's deteriorating into a regular Lord Of The Flies scenario...

11. AllieO

AllieO Established Member

I think it does matter, Shane. Because if people got the letter who have no claim, then it was sent because of what was posted on the thread separately from those who are owed money by Adam.

And before someone asks me why I'm so interested, it's because this is an open thread on a public forum I've joined. My interest may be academic to a degree (no pun intended) but issues like this have great relevance to the activities on the wider net, and therefore to all of us who use it. :)

12. S-B

S-B Account Closed

The letter was not directed towards me.

Although, Pug is not owed money and received the same letter.

13. AllieO

Yes, but the problem is what truth are you referring to? The 'truth' that Adam Dicker has behaved in an unbusiness-like manner that has caused a lot of misery to other business (or would-be) business people, and that he owes them money he needs to repay, or the 'truth' that he is a criminal? He came on the thread asking people to contact him at a given email if they had a claim, so the first part he seems to be accepting as truth (without quotes). I think it's the second 'truth' that is the nub of the matter.

14. daj

Why didn't you do a chargeback with your bank or credit card? or file a paypal claim?

15. carob

Someone reported earlier that many - if not all - sites built by nichewebsites.com contain articles copied from ezinearticles.com, without retaining the required links and attribution to ezinearticles. You can check your site at copyscape.com. That means all those sites are infringing copyright, have grounds for a Paypal refund, and if paid for via Paypal the seller should be reported to Paypal's infringement facility (above) even long past any chargeback date.

Also in the Wordpress Dashboard make sure Dicker no longer has a user account on your nichewebsites.com website, and change your own user password so he cannot log in and change stuff - which he did to someone in this thread. And make sure he has no access to the hosting account.

Very important point, thanks.

Random abstract discussion, confusion, anger, accusations and ill will are what the suspected bots tend to provoke (they do follow certain patterns and are repetitive, such as trying to re-start discussions of whether the term "criminal" is appropriate or suggesting there is some sort of witch hunt or hating) and sometimes they succeed if you let them. It is best to ignore the bait - stick to the facts.

16. daj

I just skimmed through many of the claimants reports again and none of them indicate they've done a paypal claim or a chargeback, besides lonewolf.

You can do a chargeback if...
    • The transaction was not authorised by you, or put through more than once
    • The supplier did not deliver the goods or services you paid for
    • The goods were delivered to you but were faulty or not as described
    You will most likely have to show proof these are true. For chargebacks there is a time frame of 120 days (U.S.) and 180 days (International). You have 4-6 months to do a chargeback but many banks and issuing credit card companies may extend this time frame depending on the situation. Call your bank or credit card issuer and talk with a representative!

Warning: If you do a chargeback and used paypal to send Adam money, they may close your account, so you should file a paypal claim first to see what paypal says. If paypal doesn't find the claim to be valid or in your favor you can still do a chargeback with your bank or credit card to get your money back, but paypal will most likely close your account if you do that. You can get a new bank account with a new credit card and open up a new paypal account in the future.

Has anyone been succesful with doing a paypal claim or chargeback against Adam?

17. AllieO

Not to mention beginning to fling accusations of wrong-doing at one another now, as with Jen-Sin and MasterOfMyDomains. Sort of weakens the thread's case against Adam Dicker as a criminal, imo. :)

Oh, wait. There's a red under my bed!

18. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

And ty wendy. Go vees
    And shane. Cattabis will be big

19. S-B

S-B Account Closed

Stop derailing the thread. This isn't about any of you. You're burying the important posts with crap. Create your own thread for your useless ramblings and arguments.

20. MasterOfMyDomains

any money been paid. I think the next business day will be productive

21. MasterOfMyDomains

It was about me pork chop remember my being shamed last night. Answer peoples questions or it will start to bother you
    Do you remember telling jeff markus you would slap the sh1t
    out of him at namescon other shane

22. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

Sorry. That was the first time I lost it.

23. MasterOfMyDomains

I will be banned from this thread soon. But i am gona start my own
    Let the war begin you said yesterday shane.
    Abdul your humour is what shane is talking about. Mods why wasnt that comment deleted like 100's maybe 1000 others?

24. MasterOfMyDomains

I hope jeff markus does to you , what you said you would do to him

25. MasterOfMyDomains

Apologise to your superior
    1000's of comments are off topic
    Pm sent to eric lyons 24 hours ago
    Looking for reply. He was around to edit/ unedit jen-sin thread and my posts since

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice