IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first comment to abdullah should have not been said but we have all said shit false, inaccurate or some have pure lies come out of mouths here

•••
Stop derailing the thread. This isn't about any of you. You're burying the important posts with crap. Create your own thread for your useless ramblings and arguments.

You sure didnt tell sirdrago to stay on topic last night did you?
Because he was doing your dirty work. As have others been derailing your money train that derailed

•••
After 6 posts in a row from this guy.... let's get back on topic.

:)

Thanks everyone.

•••
I really believe some of the people posting here are borderline retarded. There are entire posts, long ones which make utterly no sense. Paragraphs of ramblings with no coherent point or ending... If you don't know who I'm talking about that chances are I'm talking about you.

I've read the letter posted, I have not received one. I viewed the thread as it became a wasp nest of total chaos. Now that a few days have past has everyone re-read the letter?

Here is my own personal summary, an opinion shared and open for discussion - not meant to be legal advice.

Part One: Some of the things that have been said are not true

Part Two: Adam wants to address concerns and negotiate a settlement of all issues with person

Part Three: This offer to negotiate is open to person if you are willing to settle all issues to closure.

(Im not sure about the part that requests disparaging posts be taken down, does that mean things that were untrue, said out of anger, exaggerated? Or just everything negative said about him even if it is undeniable true like he has been charged by the RCMP, that he posted public information on people that posted charge backs against him ect...) <-- If that is the case then I would change my opinion listed below

So to me reading this, it seems like Adam is very serious about solving everyone's problems - not the opposite. If you have a claim and want closure - go talk. But if you don't want closure, lets not talk. That's very direct and detailed.

I've said this to Shane before, that his claims of a 'part 2' were a form of extortion. He seems to have inserted himself as the defacto arbitrator in all of these matters because he claims to have more information. He continues to post dates of when he might release 'part 2' if things don't go according to his will, he changes those dates at will and refuses to defunct the existence of "part 2" leading to all sorts of pure speculation.

Two wrongs don't make a right. How could anyone solve claims with this type of thing overhanging them. Its clear Adam will continue to have people make claims against him for a long time. He said he settled with 8 people. 8 people which he agreed he needed to refund money and that was before a lot of people came forward in this thread. So it will be a long process to make amends with people if he really decided he wants to do that. So does that mean he has to deal with Shane, an unrelated third party for the next X months or years?

Once the word of settlement gets out you'll see an entire wave of claims come forward, the people that are waiting to see how this plays out. What happens then? Does Shane continue to delay "part 2" all the while building up his blog?

I have posted 2 questions about Advertising Claims. They remain valid and Im sure this issue will be brought up by others and not go away till Adam addresses it. I will admit its not a simple solution and given that I held off continuing to post about them as the process of clearing up straight forward claims are resolved.

Claims like this one: https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-78#post-5052171 Clear cut, brought forward by a nice guy, not trying to stir stuff up - I think many people would really give Adam some slack if he at least cleared up these clear cut cases.

The creation of the Shane defense fund or whatever its called is what made me rethink maybe a resolution was never really Shanes intended goal.

If Shane can't list what he wants specially, then how can Adam (or anyone) really resolve his issues with him?

And to Adam you have some very clear cut cases, your silence on them and lack of refunds do make your ultimate actions suspect as well. Holding up valid claims while you sort Shane out will only make your legitimate victims worse off.

Common sense, empathy and accountability need to return to this thread.

•••
Yes, but the problem is what truth are you referring to? The 'truth' that Adam Dicker has behaved in an unbusiness-like manner that has caused a lot of misery to other business (or would-be) business people, and that he owes them money he needs to repay, or the 'truth' that he is a criminal? He came on the thread asking people to contact him at a given email if they had a claim, so the first part he seems to be accepting as truth (without quotes). I think it's the second 'truth' that is the nub of the matter.
For me it's the truth of what happened directly to me and how it affected me. I have not been given the same courtesy. I've been lied to for weeks now of being pad back. Guarantees which were boldface lies.
At this point I want settlement by tomorrow since I was promised it would happen for sure on Friday (another lie) My money that he's had over a year now. That's what I want back. I don't want to be viewed as the bad guy with some threatening generic letter sent to me when wasn't the one that took money from Adam and did not follow through. He took it from me.

•••
I've been repeatedly lied to by Adam as well.

•••
I've been repeatedly lied to by Adam as well.

Yes, but as far as I know a lie isn't a crime, unless it's told in court (when it's perjury) or as a means to defraud, when intent to defraud by this lie has to be proved in court. A lie of "the check is in the post" form is so common in business that I can't see it being regarded by a judge as criminal, no matter how blatant it is or how much difficulty it causes those owed money by a business. I could be totally wrong about this, of course, in which case the prisons should be even fuller than they are now.

•••
People have to understand, we that are numb now......Run out of patience. We have been kind, respectful, patient. (did I say patient?) Everyday we keep loosing money because we can't use our funds for something for us. I would like a new car. I would like a media room for my house. I don't know bout you but I haven't been invited for a ride in the new car he bought or over for a football game viewing in the media room that I guess I helped pay for.

•••

If Shane can't list what he wants specially, then how can Adam (or anyone) really resolve his issues with him?

And to Adam you have some very clear cut cases, your silence on them and lack of refunds do make your ultimate actions suspect as well. Holding up valid claims while you sort Shane out will only make your legitimate victims worse off.

Common sense, empathy and accountability need to return to this thread.
Who cares about what Shane wants? He's not on a mission trip to help save others. It's a publicity and ego trip.

There may be some valid claims being made as to Adam's business practices. He should defiantly sort it out and do right by his customers. Other than that, this is a waste of 120 pages IMO...

•••
120 pages of postings were required to bring about many of the claims and many of the false claims so certainly not a waste. I learned alot of back story and other claims from this thread.

But I agree with some of what you said :)

•••
So to me reading this, it seems like Adam is very serious about solving everyone's problems - not the opposite. If you have a claim and want closure - go talk.

This reading would make sense if the problem was that people were not contacting Adam to resolve things, but many have been and they've been getting the runaround.

•••
Yes, but as far as I know a lie isn't a crime, unless it's told in court (when it's perjury) or as a means to defraud, when intent to defraud by this lie has to be proved in court. A lie of "the check is in the post" form is so common in business that I can't see it being regarded by a judge as criminal, no matter how blatant it is or how much difficulty it causes those owed money by a business. I could be totally wrong about this, of course, in which case the prisons should be even fuller than they are now.
With great respect you are wrong. It's about the alleged acts that were committed that are in question. A business owner is responsible for his actions as well. If you tell someone 'the check is in the mail" and they never got it. or no intentions to pay them any other way, that is a "lie" Judges/jury decisions are based on black and white. Not grey.

•••
Who cares about what Shane wants? He's not on a mission trip to help save others. It's a publicity and ego trip.

There may be some valid claims being made as to Adam's business practices. He should defiantly sort it out and do right by his customers. Other than that, this is a waste of 120 pages IMO...
For me, I have dealt directly with Adam.Yes I have communicated with Shane. But in the end we are all responsible for our own individual needs.

And in all fairness, Shane has been very hands on in trying to help others. If it hadn't been for him many wold have no voice or know what to do in this situation.

Last edited:
•••
For me, I have dealt directly with Adam.Yes I have communicated with Shane. But in the end we are all responsible for our own individual needs.

I too have dealt directly with Adam. It has gotten me nothing. Not even a letter from his attorney. Just empty promises and, otherwise, silence.

•••
I too have dealt directly with Adam. It has gotten me nothing. Not even a letter from his attorney. Just empty promises and, otherwise, silence.

I've never received a letter either. But I've seen the copy on the blog here. I wonder if Frank got a letter.

•••
I have no business issues with ad other than the fact that anyone who creates a site called a#$holes dot whatever and has another called Satan's playhouse is unconsciouly projecting their inner self into the conscience realm .

Its 100% proven that the guilty who have the need to be in the limelight have to expose themselves in a way that doesn't implicate them directly but alludes to their inner most self but such actions.

As I said many posts ago its atypical psychopathic behaviour. The people burnt are the end result of such a person. It's the same results for the victims across the board when deceived, used and abused by such people.

Just a personal observation for what its worth.

:P

•••
Yes, but the problem is what truth are you referring to? The 'truth' that Adam Dicker has behaved in an unbusiness-like manner that has caused a lot of misery to other business (or would-be) business people, and that he owes them money he needs to repay, or the 'truth' that he is a criminal? He came on the thread asking people to contact him at a given email if they had a claim, so the first part he seems to be accepting as truth (without quotes). I think it's the second 'truth' that is the nub of the matter.
Failure to deliver a service that was paid for upfront is a crime in both Canada and the US. There is plenty of evidence in this situation that a number of these cases dragged on for up to a year, despite many promises for completion (effectively, "the check is in the mail" to use your phrasing), then ignoring peoples' attempts to contact him. I doubt very much that anyone calling him a criminal would have much to worry about in a libel case.

•••
Taking money for services you have a history of not delivering is intent to defraud.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone know what happened Webcorp.ca broker Andrea Martin and if she got paid? She wasn't on the recently deceased webcorp.ca website with Adam Dicker, Marissa Meyer and Rick Wedzinga and Marc van Waasbergen. But on LinkedIn she still says she works for Webcorp https://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrea-martin/43/196/a77 - is Webcorp carrying on in stealth mode?

Domaingang did a story about her joining Webcorp in May 2015 http://domaingang.com/domain-news/domain-broker-andrea-martin-hired-at-webcorp/ which says before that she worked for outcomebrokerage.com

•••
I've never received a letter either. But I've seen the copy on the blog here. I wonder if Frank got a letter.

so far not

do you want to write one?

•••
•••
•••
•••

Absolutely.

Is there a way to hide threads from the "New Posts" page? Cause I'm sick of seeing this one. :-P

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back