Dynadot

question Is a popular name + a number good? (.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maurim

Impact
Hello all. Is a combination of a popular word + 1 number a good match or is not that worth?

Example: travel0.com , travel1.com etc..

I would like any advice. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Definitely it's not good the way you are referring to. It simply looks like the word wasn't available so you added the number. You can't build a brand around and it simply does not look solid.

Numbers are good when they mean anything - route66 or at least something like 7books.. Also could be something with 8 for China (lucky number), or 4 replacing ''for'' - but in any case it should be organically added, not artificially.

Good luck!

•••
Sure, in my opinion, Keyword + Number is a good combination.
ESPECIALLY, if the number is 1 (one), then, it has more value than any other number.

travel1.com can be a top brand name.

travel0.com - To be avoided. Zero has both pros and cons.
Pros: zero means free.
Cons: zero means no profit!
Besides it can be confused with travelO.com. The 0 (zero) can be replaced with O (letter) and there is potential for phishing websites to exploit the audience. If someone is putting a zero cost service then name with 0 has some value, otherwise, it should be avoided as a brand. I wouldn't hesitate to launch a brand with 0 in the domain name, if it makes sense!

•••
A good word + a number like 24, 365 or 360 may work.

•••
I don't think its worth holding such domain

consider this if you are holding travel1.com they may go with other available numbers like travel7.com travel50.com, travel8.com

so the risk is too right

•••
Back