Dynadot

Irritating Namejet captured backorders issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I won a handful of backordered domains through namejet a few months ago and all of them were moved into an enomcentral account. Two months later, I discovered that the nameservers I'd set had been switched from the ones I'd selected to a default set and my domains were no longer pointing to my landing page. This happened without me being notified.

I called in to find out why this happened, but nobody could explain. So, I reset the nameservers and forgot about it. Now I find that the nameservers have been switched, yet again, without notifying me AND the domains have been moved to Network Solutions ALSO WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME. The domains were moved to a newly created Netsol account for which I'd been given neither the username or the password. In the meantime, none of these domains were pointing to my sales pages for possibly weeks. Seriously???

Clearly, this is related to the namejet/snapnames partnership, but this is really an unacceptable way to be handling things so I hope they get their act together. In any case, for any of you that have won domains that have been sent to enomcentral, I'd suggest you check that they're still there. It appears that once the domains are 60 days old, if they've been captured by snapnames, they get moved to netsol without notice.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same thing happened to me. I had domains from Enom get put into 5 different Network Solutions accounts and the name servers changed to their parking. Absolutely zero notifications too. I have all the those domains currently transferring out.

•••
Same thing happened to me. I had domains from Enom get put into 5 different Network Solutions accounts and the name servers changed to their parking. Absolutely zero notifications too. I have all the those domains currently transferring out.

Did you have to wait 60 days after they hit Netsol before you could move them again? It just occurred to me that after namejet captures domains it might be 120 days before they're available for transfer elsewhere.

•••
I didn't have to wait after they hit NetSol. The transfers are in progress. They should be done in the next couple of days. I had a few domains that were less than 60 days old that I couldn't start the transfers on as usual. I'll bump up this thread once those transfers finish up.

•••
Thanks. I'm also wondering if the same nonsense happens in the reverse direction ( ie namejet captures a domain that was backordered through snapnames )?

•••
You didn't get an email? I got a few emails a while back saying that certain Enom registrars would be transferring the domains to NetSol. You should have gotten an email in advance about it?

•••
Nothing whatsoever. No notice of nameserver changes, and no notice of transfer. This happened on multiple domains so it wasn't just a one-off.

•••
My transfers are complete by the way. I was able to successfully transfer away those previous Enom domains from Network Solutions immediately.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back