IT.COM

GoDaddy DNH Unauthorized Charge

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A friend of of mine just called me and said they saw an unauthorized charge to their bank card and it's titled DNH Godaddy. Godaddy mysteriously is saying that they don't see that charge. But after doing a google search, hundreds of people are complaining about this mysterious charge over the last few years. Some are even cancelling their Godaddy accounts.

Could Godaddy have a mole in their company?
Is Godaddy doing something fishy? stealing?
Who has access to all these people cards and charging under Godaddy DNH?

Could some charges on your bank statements say Godaddy DNH...and you just overlook it thinking it's legitimate...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A friend of of mine just called me and said they saw an unauthorized charge to their bank card and it's titled DNH Godaddy. Godaddy mysteriously is saying that they don't see that charge. But after doing a google search, hundreds of people are complaining about this mysterious charge over the last few years. Some are even cancelling their Godaddy accounts.

Could Godaddy have a mole in their company?
Is Godaddy doing something fishy? stealing?
Who has access to all these people cards and charging under Godaddy DNH?

Could some charges on your bank statements say Godaddy DNH...and you just overlook it thinking it's legitimate...
Does your friend use or has ever signed up for hosting with GoDaddy? What do they see in the "My Products" page of GoDaddy?

On the rest,
Seriously, before your start throwing accusations, at least try the most to figure out all possibililities. Like a mole in their company? Really? Stealing? GD is a publicly listed company. How easy do you think it is for them to get away with something like this? They're worth billions. Why would they care about a few measly bucks?

•••
Does your friend use or has ever signed up for hosting with GoDaddy? What do they see in the "My Products" page of GoDaddy?

On the rest,
Seriously, before your start throwing accusations, at least try the most to figure out all possibililities. Like a mole in their company? Really? Stealing? GD is a publicly listed company. How easy do you think it is for them to get away with something like this? They're worth billions. Why would they care about a few measly bucks?
No, my friend doesn't have hosting..nor any names to renew.
Hundreds of people, if not much more are complaining about this charge...do a quick google search..

And WTF are you talking about? Slow your role..

Those were written with questions marks...It's open for discussion and more research. Me posting the question on NamePros is apart of my research....... genius.

Each Question Mark is simply referencing three different possibilities... thoughts..nothing more.

If you get an unauthorized charge tomorrow from Godaddy, your bank etc... I would assume you would call them and if they said..we can't find the charge...then maybe you would have a mix of thoughts...like are they mistaking? Did some random scammer get my card and used Godaddy name? etc...

Question mark 1: "Mole" is not a reference to Godaddy as a whole...It's never a reference to a whole company. It just means an individual who may be acting independently from within to do stuff that usually doesn't represent the company.. These things happen all the time and have been in the news.

Question mark 2: And regardless, don't be naive to think big companies or banks etc...never have questionable or unauthorized charges. "Why would they care about a few measly bucks?" You think a singer gets rich because you purchased their songs for $1 on iTunes? Use your common sense!
Of course $55 $88 $25 etc charged to hundreds and thousands of people's accounts over years do add up.

Question mark 3: Who has access to all these people cards and charging under Godaddy DNH? This is in defense of Godaddy. Meaning.. could someone not even related to Godaddy.. simply access people's cards and use Godaddy's name as a cover? I get so many emails with services being offered and Godaddy's name is being used...but after further research I realize they have nothing to do with Godaddy. The scammers may simply know when new names are registered and immediately target the buyer under Godaddy's name. We may know this but a newbie may get scammed.

The first thing I did was made sure the person had no renewals or hosting etc...

Not surprised you kind of recently joined namepros. Have you read much threads on here?
Because I have seen real accusations of Godaddy and other registrars and those are not with question marks. But at the end of the day...people actually helped to figure out whats going on.

Keep it up: Tell me the words I spelled wrong?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back