Top Bottom
Dan.com

.tv Ion.tv sold for $2,000!

Dynadot

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-Times
Impact
7,637
Thanks @Ammudamus

This was my most expensive purchase at that time (over a year ago). I was threatened with a UDRP by IonTelevision.com, they owned the domain before I bought it at expiring auction, they later offered $2500 as their max price and I accepted it but they took months and never paid. I gave them one week and told them if they won't pay within a week then I am not selling it for less than $5000, never heard from them again. But there were a few more media companies using ion as their brand name.

iontv.co.uk
iontv.com.br
i-on.tv

Tony Loiacono of headsandtails.tv offered $862 (i don't know where he got that number from) and i-on.tv offered $50 with a message that they can go up to $150. Wow. I don't know what to say, i-on.tv later increased their offer to $2000 which I accepted. I paid the escrow fee but the buyer told me he had to pay the "$61.00 credit card fee", I got very angry that point, I told him "The credit card fees cannot possibly be paid by me because it's charged from the card holders account". How can they expect me to pay the credit card fee, weird.

I tried all sorts of 'tricks' with the potential buyers, acting tough during negotiations, making it look like they are getting a great deal, but if the buyers are not willing to pay above a particular amount, I think there is no way we can make them change their mind. Maybe I am not good at negotiating.
 
Impact
5,066
Thanks @Ammudamus

This was my most expensive purchase at that time (over a year ago). I was threatened with a UDRP by IonTelevision.com, they owned the domain before I bought it at expiring auction, they later offered $2500 as their max price and I accepted it but they took months and never paid. I gave them one week and told them if they won't pay within a week then I am not selling it for less than $5000, never heard from them again. But there were a few more media companies using ion as their brand name.

iontv.co.uk
iontv.com.br
i-on.tv

Tony Loiacono of headsandtails.tv offered $862 (i don't know where he got that number from) and i-on.tv offered $50 with a message that they can go up to $150. Wow. I don't know what to say, i-on.tv later increased their offer to $2000 which I accepted. I paid the escrow fee but the buyer told me he had to pay the "$61.00 credit card fee", I got very angry that point, I told him "The credit card fees cannot possibly be paid by me because it's charged from the card holders account". How can they expect me to pay the credit card fee, weird.

I tried all sorts of 'tricks' with the potential buyers, acting tough during negotiations, making it look like they are getting a great deal, but if the buyers are not willing to pay above a particular amount, I think there is no way we can make them change their mind. Maybe I am not good at negotiating.

You should report the sale to DNJ!

A
 
Impact
1,079
Congrats.

BTW, it was bought by i-on.tv "International TV" / EmediaNetwork.TV, out of San Diego.

@Harris you likely could have negotiated a higher price -as its a 300 channel (pay tv) network, but they also could be spread pretty thin setting-up a network... in anticipation of global broadcast TV integrating with the internet, and becoming Web 3.0 -which begins this year in the U.S..
 

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-Times
Impact
7,637
Congrats.

BTW, it was bought by i-on.tv "International TV" / EmediaNetwork.TV, out of San Diego.

@Harris you likely could have negotiated a higher price -as its a 300 channel (pay tv) network, but they also could be spread pretty thin setting-up a network... in anticipation of global broadcast TV integrating with the internet, and becoming Web 3.0 -which begins this year in the U.S..

I know they bought it, I knew they existed when I purchased the domain, and these cheap guys offered $50 with a message that they can go up to $150.. I would've actually wanted at least 5 figures but due to low interest I had to decrease my asking price multiple times. I felt that if they won't buy it, and now that IonTelevision.com is either not interested or is preparing a UDRP, I will have to keep holding the domain waiting for a new company to show interest or lose the domain in a UDRP.

In my second reply to them, I told them "If you can't see the value, then I'm afraid I can't do anything about it." and that "it would be weird to tell your customer that the URL of the brand is "i dash on dot tv". But still, no interest, after I followed up they said the most they're willing to pay is $2000, and they won't even pay the escrow fees.

I will repeat what I said in my previous post, If the buyers are not willing to pay above a particular amount, I think there is no way we can make them change their mind. Or maybe I am not good at negotiating.
 
Impact
1,079
As an ion is an atom or molecule, and the word is used by many companies in so many industries, I don't see any chance you could have lost the name in a UDRP. In fact, a new company in a new industry just appeared on the horizon.

"IONITY is the newly formed joint venture of BMW Group, Daimler AG, Ford Motor Company and the Volkswagen Group with Audi and Porsche. We are here to build a network of reliable and powerful charging stations along major routes across Europe". ionity.eu

By the looks (i-on.tv), and sounds of it, that company is odd and cheap. Personally I would have played the IonTV.com card -which often gets overlooked in by .tv'ers, as its a HUGE business network of thousands of companies, and channels. But I often develop channels, and play the long game... as the best days for TV domains are just ahead of us now.

In any case, a sale is a sale! They don't 'grow on trees', and the average TV domain sales price appears to be higher than the average domain sale. So, again, Congrats! $2K ain't chump change in this biz.


I know they bought it, I knew they existed when I purchased the domain, and these cheap guys offered $50 with a message that they can go up to $150.. I would've actually wanted at least 5 figures but due to low interest I had to decrease my asking price multiple times. I felt that if they won't buy it, and now that IonTelevision.com is either not interested or is preparing a UDRP, I will have to keep holding the domain waiting for a new company to show interest or lose the domain in a UDRP.

In my second reply to them, I told them "If you can't see the value, then I'm afraid I can't do anything about it." and that "it would be weird to tell your customer that the URL of the brand is "i dash on dot tv". But still, no interest, after I followed up they said the most they're willing to pay is $2000, and they won't even pay the escrow fees.

I will repeat what I said in my previous post, If the buyers are not willing to pay above a particular amount, I think there is no way we can make them change their mind. Or maybe I am not good at negotiating.
 
biix