IT.COM

.io .io Thread and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Bought a new .io domain through sedo last week a NN.io , bit of an investment and gamble but worth a shot in my opinion.

Anyone investing in .io domains? please feel free to share your investments.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Vehicles.io, Rum.io, Valuate.io & Rigid.io

•••
Grime .io (grime music scene is big in UK)

•••
I never had any .io domain. IO people, what are your honest thoughts on domains like theKEYWORD.io and theKEYWORDS.io where KEYWORD is a good keyword?

Tokens.com recently sold for 500k. Would you say that thetokens.io has value?
Agenda.com sold for 225k. How about theagenda.io?

My inclination would be NO, imo IO buyers are looking for something shorter and better when their ideal COM is taken. Also would carefully consider who owns keyword dot io without THE since that would be the hurdle for finding a buyer.

There are only three recorded sales of "The + Keyword".io , and two were single bidders at park io. These are recorded sales starting with THE, most below are words themselves not THE+word

https://namebio.com/?s==kzN2UjN0YTM
thepiratebay.io 270 USD 2018-03-04 Park.io [didn't count this one since its got complications]
then.io 221 USD 2018-02-11 Park.io
there.io 750 USD 2018-01-22 Flippa
theorem.io 4,000 USD 2017-05-11 Park.io
thematic.io 104 USD 2016-11-13 Park.io
theaters.io 105 USD 2016-08-24 Flippa

http://dnpric.es/?q=|the+.io| Found 11 matches:
Domain name Date Price Broker
theorem.io May 2017 $ 4,000.00 USD Park.io
theblockchain.io April 2015 $ 437.00 USD Uniregistry
then.io February 2018 $ 221.00 USD Park.io
theaters.io August 2016 $ 105.00 USD Flippa auction
thematic.io November 2016 $ 104.00 USD Park.io
thebox.io December 2016 $ 99.00 USD Park.io
thematrix.io March 2017 $ 99.00 USD Park.io
thermal.io June 2016 $ 99.00 USD Park.io
thermostats.io June 2016 $ 99.00 USD Park.io
theaters.io January 2015 $ 85.00 USD Flippa auction
thermostats.io June 2015 $ 16.00 USD Flippa auction

•••
Hi there
Sold eBlock.io
Some are at my signature..
I have to buy .io again....
As most startup including Chinese are buying .io ..
Shorter and single word .io domains sells from $xxx to $xxxxx.

•••
ioe.png

•••
•••
•••
never mine..

but you have a lots of crap domains .. seriously
yes i dont have much good domains, and also i dont have fake sale reports.

•••
Stop arguing or go private please

•••
I watched your video on domainsherpa
Thanks for the making video.Your the reason I grew interest in io domains.
Since your extremely knowledgeable in io domains would you mind telling me where you think the io market is heading and if tech related domains are the way to go.
Thanks. The trend for .io domains is strongly up - that's a good thing for .io domain investors. Most likely this will continue - I don't think we are near a top. The highest .io domain sales have been low 5-figure, which compared to other more obscure TLDs is low. I would be surprised if there isn't a 6-figure sale soon. IMO tech keywords are strongest for .io because tech companies are creating this demand. And the tech crowd are the early adopters which lead the general population, so I am optimistic to see this TLD grow further.

•••
Good Stuff @ CA98AM79 I hope you are right!

Why? The names that you have versus what are selling are night and day. Two word keyword based names?

Look at the sales on flippa. Solid one word names UNDER 500 and some under 300.

The better better names are 1000 and a lot if these are recent drops that are flipped to domainers that carry the additional risk.

I am confused a bit, there is a GOOGLE I/O extension, and a IndianOcean(IO)extension. What are we all registering????

Also, when is GoDaddy gonna get on the ball and start handling .io auctions??? They are really missing the boat here

If you don't know these answers what are you doing throwing away your money at something you don't know.

hope you sell them soon.. very nice domains you regged BTW :)

It's ok to be honest about your desire to see him sell them - we would love to see success - but the names will not likely sell. The names are not very nice - they are mediocre.

Would you buy his these names from him at cost ? If the answer is yes he should sell them to you. If the answer is no then they are not good names.

Check out some of the success stories: http://blog.park.io/tags.html#success
Keep up the advertising. ..

•••
I sold webmasters.io on there yesterday for $362, hand regged about 3 months ago

•••
looks like Mike sold db.io for 18k,

wowsers

•••
I would like to share some reasoning about why the market is not stupid regarding valuing .io domains. We see a lot of good .io sales lately. Some people argued this was just a Flippa empowered hype during a short time frame begin 2015. Hard sales facts, prove this assumption wrong. First of all there have been numerous sales on Sedo and park.io too. Furthermore there are numerous sales of mid to up 4 figures in 2015, even good 5 figures like cloud.io (45k) and db.io sold recently for 18k. Domain Holdings reported even a 6 figure .io sale in Q2, setting a new land mark.

So why is this .io ccTLD increasing in popularity?

First of all there are linguistic and psychological explanations which are always the key metrics when it comes to valuate brands. The specific linguistic and psychological strength of .io is often explained by its input/output association. This is off course the reason why so many startups turned to the .io TLD in the first place.

Entrepreneurial frontrunners selecting the .io TLD representing their brand is a strong and important argument for the increasing valuation of .io names. But for me this explains more why the .io snowball started rolling in the first place. This hardcore passion driven energy is almost always the starting point of a trend which may become mainstream and could turn into a big industry. You could compare this for example with surf pioneers, underground DJ's, computer geeks et cetera. When passionate skilled people embrace something they could create a cult. And this is where the real value is: a cult accepted by an audience. Some cults will and some cults won't.

So if we look at the .io cult with already many well funded beautiful crafted websites than I think there is more to it than just a cheap alternative TLD for hackers. By the way I do think it is rhetorical smart for .io criticisers to refer at .io buyers as 'hackers, suggesting that these buyers are some kind of raw punk people finding anti-establishments hacks for their little scene. Quick jumbing on another TLD bandwagon when .io becomes more expensive. The truth is that current start-ups will need a whole team of left and right brainers, business people, UX designers, writers, marketing professionals and software engineers to survive. As an end user you not only experience intelligently coded applications you also see a smooth crafted tone of voice, beautiful elegant user centred design and sophisticated logos. These teams investing thousand and thousands of hours and they do want a great brand not just a hack. And the startups can still buy edgy creative single word .io names for a decent price when premium .io names go sky high. So increasing worth of premium .io domains and ongoing adaption of .io by the the next best startups are not mutually exclusive.

These people create the cult but the real value and potential of .io lies in the end user perception. The cult, the crafty websites will contribute to that end user experience. I do think that the intrinsic characteristics of .io fit this cult like a VR glove. In contrast to .com with a vowel in the middle, .io has a more open friendly and fresh feeling. The 'i' and the 'o' are sitting as two friends next to each other on the keyboard. Like 'ly', 'io' is a common ending for English word like 'bio' or 'cheerio' making it a logical sound right side of the dot. I do not see the biggest value for .io in a domain hack way like cheer.io. The highest .io sales confirm this. Short dictionary words and tech acronyms do best left side the dot.

And yes I am bit biased owning a couple of beautiful .io names.

Cheers,
Freddie

Last edited:
•••
purchased my first .io for a small web experiment/ project I am working on.

refute.io

•••
•••
•••
All of you quoting Mike Carson should take a second look at the situation. He directly profits from his hype. Most of you don't buy into XYZ despite Daniel Negari's promotion. What's the difference?

•••
Sold F/i/s/s/i/o/n .io

Sale venue: GoDaddy
Listing type: Not listed
Seller: Me
Asking price: $1499
Sale price: $1499
Purchase price: About $30 .. hand registered 2-3 months ago
Details: Buyer sent an inquiry through GoDaddy Domain Buy Service. Initial Offer: $350. Countered with $1499. My first 4 figure sale.

•••
Robo.io sold for : 9999 $

Amazing sale

•••
•••
Really like this thread. Great idea.

Here are a few of mine. I keep seeing some amazing sales on these .io's at the auctions. Prices just keep going higher.

antennas.io
badcredit.io
bankrates.io
careertraining.io
creditcard.io
credit-cards.io
domain-names.io
gigafactory.io
ledlighting.io
liquidation.io
jobapplication.io
jobtraining.io
onlinedatingsites.io
securitycamera.io
smokes.io
softwaresecurity.io
solarcars.io
virtualrealityheadset.io
virtualrealityheadsets.io

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back