Domain Empire

.io .io Thread and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Bought a new .io domain through sedo last week a NN.io , bit of an investment and gamble but worth a shot in my opinion.

Anyone investing in .io domains? please feel free to share your investments.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some info

Google just acquired spider.io
Easel.io was acquired by github last year
Keen.io just raised $11.3 million
Nitrous.io just closed a $6.65 million
roundGinger.io raised $6.5 million
Tuition.io raised $6 million and manages over $1 billion in student loans
Intercom raised $6 million
Greenhouse raise $2.7 million
kontakt.io raised $2 million
Luma.io acquired by Instagram
Rackspace acquires Exceptional.io

•••
Lets keep this thread on-topic please. Thanks,

•••
It seems that close to 50% of bids on .IO domain names at Flippa are fake.
To say that there is a trainload of fake bidding going on is an understatment. Some auctions are ending at low to mid $x,xxx, only for the bidders to move on without paying. When re-listed, they are selling alot lower with some of the same bidders not going above 10% of their previous bids. The fake sales are creating hype, a boatload of new listings with many, many disapointed sellers that were hoping to replicate the success of these deadbeat auctions. Some of those that actually go through, get pushed to friends/contacts.
The real auctions that go through to real buyers and the good .IO terms selling for mid $xxx to low $x,xxx. The fake auctions are easy to spot - they are average terms selling for crazy prices - high $xxx to mid $x,xxx.

•••
designer.io sold for $4999 on flippa.

•••
Ai is geared toward artificial intelligence whereas io is all tech, mobile, vr, ar, startups.

•••
ewallet.png

Got $1000 offer, my asking was $15k.Company offered $4000...Negotiation was cancelled by them as they bought other domain...

•••
I was wondering if experienced .io investors can share if 3-letter .io domains (random letter combos) and pronounceable 4-letter .io domains such as CVCV - for example, Fero.io - are a good investment in today's market? I am looking to add some .io domains to my portfolio but I'm cautious holding too many because of their high renewal fees.
Doron, If you're looking to add some .io domains to your portfolio I'd stick with short, one-word, singular domains. You do see some 4-figure sales of random 3L and 4L combos but I don't think that's a game you really want to play, with the renewal fees being at least 3x higher than .com.

•••
VirtualReality.io
MyBlockchain.io

•••
Domain: 898 (.io)
Sale Price: $488
Type of Sale: Undeveloped Bin (Chinese buyer)
Purchased for ~$100 about 2016

•••
•••
•••
•••
domains Available you can taken now :

Chicks.Io
Latina.Io
Techsolutions.Io
States.Io
Mymusic.Io
Divas.Io
Eds.Io
Omy.Io
Kidz.Io
Artstudio.Io
24hour.Io
Lipo.Io
Doggy.Io
Convention.Io
Walking.Io
Cri.Io
Webmedia.Io
Allergy.Io
4life.Io
Balkan.Io
Lao.Io
Royalty.Io
Joo.Io
Oly.Io
Softball.Io
Sexpress.Io
Newyear.Io
Moneymaker.Io
Mercy.Io
Phonesex.Io
Highschool.Io
Webpro.Io
24hr.Io
Ture.Io
Gambler.Io

no forgot thanks

•••
Unfortunately honesty/opinions can be negative. Some just choose not to share their opinions whether good or bad.

•••
Just sold SMS.io on Flippa yesterday for $7500. Decent domain + premium listing helped, but my own outbound marketing was the key, I think. The first couple of weeks it was only at $100 or so (even after premium listing) and then one evening I spent a lot of time contacting people who I thought would be interested, and the next day it was up to $4k.

•••
•••
I own so many .io's that I had to buy a domain for them ..... io (.) domains :-,

•••
It would be great if Park.io could add a sales platform where we can sell our .io domains for a small fee?

There's only two marketplaces with regular .io sales (Park.io and Flippa.)

•••
HomeInsurance.io
2022.io
what do u think guys ?

I think those names are average.

Two-word keyword .io -- do these really have any value? It is a good niche, admittedly. But I like single words that can be used potentially as brands.

I haven't really been following number .io's, but I think NNNN is pretty speculative. However, we are only 6 years away from 2022, so that's probably what you were thinking in buying this one, I'd guess. Is it worth paying 5 years of renewals and selling it to someone in 2021? Maybe it is.

•••
Sold F/i/s/s/i/o/n .io

Sale venue: GoDaddy
Listing type: Not listed
Seller: Me
Asking price: $1499
Sale price: $1499
Purchase price: About $30 .. hand registered 2-3 months ago
Details: Buyer sent an inquiry through GoDaddy Domain Buy Service. Initial Offer: $350. Countered with $1499. My first 4 figure sale.

Congrats. I have had good luck selling a good amount of these, but have not cleared $700 on one yet,I am also hoping for a $$$$ sale as well.

I just sold another .IO tonight for $400,and will announce it in the reported sales thread once payment is made

•••
•••
MXC.io sold foe $10k according to Namebio? Check fact please.

I'm sure this is a fake sale; this user has been spamming on my auctions and had to get them removed from flippa.

•••
Tetra ((.)) io

DNbroker ((.)) io

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back