Dynadot

.io .io is so hot?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
  • I read the @equity78 report "March continues to ring in the .io domain name sales."
  • why does the IO extensions so hot?Does it have anything to do with blockchain?NFT?
  • Do you have .io names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Temptation.io will also fetch a good price

Braden Pollock has Tempt.com listed at $350k on his legal brand domains website. So yes, happy days for others with 'Tempt' domains when that sells.

•••
you probably hold many .IN that why you dream and want .IN to beat .IO

But this is will never happen, because .IN are used most by companies/individual that are based in india, While .IO are used globaly.
Yes i own an aicraft carrier load of .INs.....but .IN will surely beat .IO, but that will happen after .IN gains some more momentum...but that momentum is building up already, and is showing signs of a breakout....
YOu say .IO will win because its global? well crappy extensions are global and still didnt do well, like .biz, .info, but .IN BANKS on INdia's huge population and burgeoning economy....we've had to wait a while....but that also means when it starts, it'll pick up momentum.

LETS TALK PRICES! I track end user prices, .IO seems to have higher volume of sales, but .IN beats .io in average price. LLL.io that go for $50 on NP or auctions, its .IN will go for 2-4 times that price. One word .in minimum price is about $1000, whats the min price on forums for good one word .IOs?

Average LLL.in sale price this year(public sales) is about ~$2,600-$3000, whats the average end user price for LLL.IOs?? .IO seems to have a loyal and educated base that supports it, thats cool, but over time, i expect .IN to wipe out .IO....we're not in year 2000, we've in a post COVID world. Cheers.

•••
i own WebBox (dot) io and received multiple offers but did not go through, and a lot of fake offers i don't know why people are so pathetic to do so

•••
i own WebBox (dot) io and received multiple offers but did not go through, and a lot of fake offers i don't know why people are so pathetic to do so

People go to GD (or to their favorite registrar) to buy a domain. GD has many agents. Some of them may try to buy it for themselves before selling to the enduser. ... In one case there were multiple enthusiastic agents. A deal was made with one of them. Then the buyer just didn't pay, because I suspect, they screwed things up by being inconsistent about the agreed price.

Last edited:
•••
Many multiplayer games use .IO domain names, as I mentioned in a thread last year: https://www.namepros.com/threads/why-io-will-greatly-appreciate-over-time.1196050/

Some .IO games have millions of players and their apps hundreds of millions of downloads. Slither.io, Agar.io, krunker.io etc. https://www.google.com/search?q=.io+games

Lots of people - mainly kids and teenagers - play these games, so they are familiar with the domain and strongly associate it with gaming.
One result is that gaming related .IO domains have greatly appreciated in value.

I've developed several .io games including ninja.io and zapper.io.

I acquired ninja.io about 4 years ago and 2 years later I received offers 10x the amount I originally paid for it.
I'm not sure what it might be worth today, and since I've developed it into a game I'm no longer receiving new offers.

I think a lot of domainers still aren't aware of the strong gaming connection for.IO domains.

•••
Where’s the best place to sell .io nanes to investors vs end-users?

•••
Where’s the best place to sell .io nanes to investors vs end-users?
I notice many .IO names are for sale to end-users on websites like squadhelp.com. The fee can be substantial though (up to 35%).

•••
Sounds hotter in German or that is just my humour.

•••
Hi all ! To all the .io enthusiasts here, I have put up an .io domain with decent Estibot appraisal ($10,000) here at Namepros for auction :

Sofas.io

Auction starts at just $1 ! Do check it out 😊

Last edited:
•••
Yes definitely.
If you took deep look at what park.io has achieved you will start your .io Portfolio.
As for me I started too late I think and the best i have is LLL : YGM.io i.e "You've Got Mail"

•••
I have a 4L io (Only one io in my portfolio)...

E*X*C*L . I*O

Trying hard but not sold yet.

•••
I got the Ethereum programing language

ewasm.io

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back