Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

poll Investor's Mindset

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

What are your strengths as an investor?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Patience

    113 
    votes
    54.6%
  • Emotional Discipline (Rationality)

    50 
    votes
    24.2%
  • Practical Approaches

    37 
    votes
    17.9%
  • Create a network

    20 
    votes
    9.7%
  • Long-term Thinking

    84 
    votes
    40.6%
  • Continuous Learning (Stay updated)

    95 
    votes
    45.9%
  • Risk Tolerance Levels

    48 
    votes
    23.2%
  • Setting Goals and Strategies

    47 
    votes
    22.7%
  • Diversified Portfolio

    63 
    votes
    30.4%
  • Evaluate a Domain Name

    71 
    votes
    34.3%
  • Understanding Trends (Current & Future)

    68 
    votes
    32.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Patryx

Established Member
Impact
149
A simple poll to make a balance.
 
17
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hi

common sense, is missing from the list.

using some, might give a few of the new investors a different perspective

imo…
 
13
•••
Investing in Bullion

Cheers
Corey
 
0
•••
0
•••
Hi

common sense, is missing from the list.

using some, might give a few of the new investors a different perspective

imo…
Sanity and self reflection similarly follow - some newbies think mindlessly spamming every thread at every opportunity gets them nearer to their goals and this can go on for months / years (until one day common sense kicks in and they drop their garbage listed on here).
 
2
•••
Currently, I am trying to be more patient and learn from the past where I did not renew one of the domains that I owned for 2 years and currently the domain is being used by a digital marketing company based in Louisville, US.
 
0
•••
ajwggy.jpg


On a more serious note, continuous learning is probably the most important. Staying open to new information and adapting your strategy accordingly is a key skill in almost any endeavor.
 
1
•••
it’s not about being great at one thing — it’s about being well-rounded. it’s really a blend of multiple strengths working together. Step by step I guess.... My strongest point working in finance I believe is : being able to absorb data and reach logical conclusions
 
1
•••
I can convince myself a domain is worth $5,000 and still accept $400. I'm a master negotiator. Just not for my side. Jokes aside, i feel like I can understand trends well, think long term, build networks, and keep learning to stay updated. (Thank god the poll didn't ask for my weaknesses, they'd be more than the stars in the sky😭)
 
0
•••
All the options in the poll have weight. An investor should adopt a bit or more each of them to be successful. But adopting an option for one can be a challenge but easy for another, depends a lot on personal traits. The fuel to learning and adopting is time and continuity.
 
0
•••
I think I made some extra detail in my above comment, time is the real and only fuel. If one is giving time to learning, it already means continuity.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I would have liked to see "It's fun"

It requires serious thought coupled with knowledge and you can play at anytime yet I still consider it a serious enterprise.

Bit like semi professional gaming
"it's fun" - NamingFun.com came about as a result. Dynadots overview;

Why is it worth the price? $6,378
  • "namingfun" has a certain semantic coherence, making it easy to remember and propagate.
  • "namingfun" consists of only 9 characters, making it concise and easy to remember.
  • "fun" is a popular domain name suffix.
  • "com" is a great TLD.
  • "namingfun.com" is still unregistered and holds significant investment potential.
  • Namingfun.com is the perfect domain for a creative agency, event planning service, or a marketing consultancy focused on delivering enjoyable and memorable naming experiences. It captures the essence of creativity and excitement around naming projects, making it an ideal choice for businesses that want to stand out in a fun and engaging way. Invest in namingfun.com and bring your innovative ideas to life!
 
0
•••
I was concentrating my portfolio with certain type of assets, now I learnt the necessity to diversify!
 
0
•••
Interesting that nobody voted for creating a network, and yet we're here on a domaining forum... ;)
Everyone seems to be here for their own interests, with very little genuine networking or collaboration going on. There doesn't seem to be much of a culture of helping one another, sharing opportunities, or creating mutually beneficial relationships.

That's been my impression of NamePros throughout the 10+ years I've been here. There are certainly knowledgeable people and useful information on the forum, but when it comes to actual networking and helping each other grow, I find the community surprisingly limited and highly self interests base.

Maybe I'm looking at it differently from others, but that's honestly how I've experienced NamePros over the years.
 
0
•••
1
•••
@Dandelion have you requested an interest in networking & collaboration?

Have you participated in the thread?-

Who's working on a cool domain development project?​

I post in it regularly and ask for comments & feedback​


Cheers
Corey
I don't think the threads you mentioned is really different from the other random discussion threads here, or from threads where people showcase domains, projects, or particular extensions.

People may post what they're working on, but that's not the same thing as actual networking, partnership, and collaboration. I'm talking about people actively looking for others to work with, discussing opportunities seriously, exchanging expertise, forming partnerships, and actually taking something forward together.

I've experienced the difference myself. Back in 2014, I wrote a comprehensive description and business proposal here for a serious project I was working on and specifically invited people who might be interested to get involved and we take the discussion further. Days went by and not a single person commented. Eventually, I took the thread down because I didn't want to expose the business publicly when there was no meaningful engagement.

That's why I made the comment I did. I'm not saying nobody here ever networks or collaborates. I'm saying that, from my experience, there is very little visible, proactive effort toward genuine partnerships and collaboration. I have never seen two or more members here come together, pull resources and build something very serious.

That's the distinction I'm trying to make.
 
0
•••
Everyone seems to be here for their own interests, with very little genuine networking or collaboration going on. There doesn't seem to be much of a culture of helping one another, sharing opportunities, or creating mutually beneficial relationships.

That's been my impression of NamePros throughout the 10+ years I've been here. There are certainly knowledgeable people and useful information on the forum, but when it comes to actual networking and helping each other grow, I find the community surprisingly limited and highly self interests base.

Maybe I'm looking at it differently from others, but that's honestly how I've experienced NamePros over the years.
Hi

everyone may see it differently, or majority may feel the same.

it’s about your expectations when you joined
the club and what was the sign of the times then
it’s also about what you bring to the table and about “how and when” you bring it.
ya heard/

I didn’t expect anything 20 years ago.
still, there are and have been collab opportunities, but like you say, most are doing their own thing.

then again, trust is factor too. always some schemmer, scheming or a hyper hyping:)

when you post about your ups, frequently, then you’ll get the pm’s
when you don’t…

imo…
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back