IT.COM

discuss Investments

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Daniel Albrecht

Established Member
Impact
If you could invest 2,000. What would you look for?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would buy around 100 names for $20 each (average) and hopefully sell around 5 of them for up to $2,000 each. It's a strategy that's worked for me in the past. Just got back into domaining after a break.

•••
Who appraising your portfolio ?

All my purchases are from Godaddy so it is their valuation tool that I use. I know that it is a guide only and not an exact science but I believe that it is more of a beneficial tool than people give it credit for. In my limited experience, it does reflect what people are prepared to pay for good domains. I see them more as brands for use by business and the like rather than for resellers or for domain name speculators.

If I were to get only 10% of their value I would be happy and then there is the possibility of selling one of my more valuable domain names.

Every day is a new day and I learn something new. Never say never.

•••
Just buy one premium single word domain name between 2-5K. Renew 5 years, add a lander, forget. rinse and repeat.

Quality is king. Quantity of sh*t is a headache.
That is a good strategy but turnover could be very slow. I would prefer cheaper names and quicker turnover. I think it's easier to make money that way. Expensive names usually take much longer to sell. But it's up to each individual to choose a strategy that suits them. This strategy suits you so is one you should follow, but it won't work for everyone. There is a whole load of money to be made with cheaper and faster turnover domains. Neither strategy is really better than the other, as both work. One downside to buying just one domain name is that it could take maybe 5 years to sell, so you'd be waiting 5 years for a profit. Of course you'd also save yourself a load of time as you'd have less to sell.

•••
There will be a lot of (l)earnings ahead. But there could also be a lucky shot. What kind of news-pages/-papers do you read?

•••
There will be a lot of (l)earnings ahead. But there could also be a lucky shot. What kind of news-pages/-papers do you read?
Do you mean general news of DN news?

•••
I don't think they are totally worthless, as long as you don't take them too seriously. I think they can be used to pick out some good domains. For example, I'd buy almost any closeout domain that was valued over $4,000. I wouldn't expect to sell it for that but there is some value in the higher valuations.

Do you want high GDappraised names ?

How many ?

What is your price per name ?

•••
Average.

But you are investing in stocks not in index.

•••
The closeouts usually cost around $5-10 plus a fee. So if I was interested in any that's what I'd pay. Feel free to send me a list.

I will pass.

•••
•••
•••
register register register... :xf.wink:

•••
2000 is not amount to invest, but if even success can bought good domain

as I some people time to time do sale domains and this site which good point for novice

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back