NameSilo

Introducing domain.garden - Extremely fast search engine for nTLDs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peter Hagen

Established Member
Impact
Hey all!

TL;DR: I built domain.garden to more easily find short domains for cheap by instantly searching names across all registrable domain extensions at once. I'm very interested to hear what you think!

Background: I've been fascinated by clever domain names for a while, and how popular new domain extensions are becoming for innovative ideas. Think frame.work, magic.link, crisp.chat etc. At the same time, I'm astonished there are no great lists of domain extensions, and most of the registrars are still focused on selling .com, .io & friends. Not to say that "exotic" domain extensions are better at all, I just think there are good use cases for both :)

Currently, domain.garden is a name availability search across every TLD in existence, plus a categorisation to make sense of this. Most of my time actually went into making the search as fast as possible. Finally, there's also a selection of a few good registries for each extension to keep things simple.

The next topic I'm looking into are "demand indicator" features to help highlight the most interesting / wanted / similar-to-other-popular domains. But I'm very open to other ideas as well.

Please let me know what you think of the site! How can I make this more useful for you? What other search tools do you currently use?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great job! I’m amazed at how fast the initial search is. It literally updates as you type letters, which means you can compare variants like plurals very easily.

This is definitely one to bookmark.

•••
Definetely an awesome job! Hey, just a small suggestion - maybe you can put a number of TLDs registered, somwehere right away, close to ''search'', so one can see it immediately (in case I am checking popularity of my own domains, for example), that would be awesome. Like ''MyWebsite.com'' - 5TLDs registered (and then everything the way it is).

•••
maybe you can put a number of TLDs registered, somwehere right away, close to ''search'', so one can see it immediately]

Just added a simple version of this, great idea!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 20.11.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 20.11.39.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 53
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back