domains Interview with Paul Nicks – GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
@Paul Nicks is the VP & GM, Aftermarket at GoDaddy. I interviewed Paul back in 2012 and it generated a lot of interest and comments. Paul is in charge of one of the most important aftermarket sites for domain investors. In this interview Paul answers questions Huge Domains, Api access, Afternic fast transfer and more…https://tldinvestors.com/2021/07/paul-nicks-2021.html

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Paul Nicks is the VP & GM, Aftermarket at GoDaddy. I interviewed Paul back in 2012 and it generated a lot of interest and comments. Paul is in charge of one of the most important aftermarket sites for domain investors. In this interview Paul answers questions Huge Domains, Api access, Afternic fast transfer and more… […]
u forgot the link

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Are the follow-ups just related to the specific questions or can they be anything GoDaddy / Afternic / aftermarket related?

Brad

Anything you like

•••
Paul has answered a bunch of reader questions just now so if you have new ones please ask and if he can answer it he will.

•••
For those that don't read TLDi I am going to post the question and answer @bmugford posted because I think many here are interested since it deals with getting paid and commissions.

Hi Paul,

1.) Why does GoDaddy auctions still use Escrow.com to process payments over $5,000. At that point the transactions often fall apart by introducing a third party. As far as I know every other sale from Afternic, Buy Service, etc. is handled in house. Why does GoDaddy not handle these in house as well?

2.) Why does GoDaddy not offer some service where you bring your own lead for a lower fee? Back when GD Auctions were 10% I would often just send leads there to purchase the domain. For 20% I am not going to do that.

I don’t really have a problem paying it when GD brings the lead, but having an option where you bring the lead for about 10% would be nice. It is higher than other escrow services, but more convenient. It would lead to extra revenue that GD is not getting a chunk of now.

Thanks,
Brad

• Paul Nicks says

1) Good callout, escrow over $5k is currently only used in Member to Member sales (not handled via DLS network, or an Afternic broker) which is not our primary sales channel. I’ve asked the team to see what it would take to use our internal Transaction Assurance process to handle these.

2) We don’t have a mechanism for just processing a sale, that’s more in the escrow.com world. There has been some interest in the past from other investors but it’s not an area we’ve chosen to focus on.

•••
You should get Paul to disclose HugeDomains floor pricing and how low their sales associates are allowed to go :xf.wink:

•••
Paul has answered a bunch of reader questions just now so if you have new ones please ask and if he can answer it he will.

Why are you not replying to my dm messages?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I have no dm messages, I don't even have dm messages turned on.

I cant see your Twitter account I think you banned my Twitter account mistaken. Can you check and resolve. My Twitter account name: onurkocayigit

Attachments

• 22E102F7-259A-42C8-A39C-12E393CB5C2B.png
    22E102F7-259A-42C8-A39C-12E393CB5C2B.png
    430.7 KB · Views: 140
•••
I cant see your Twitter account I think you banned my Twitter account mistaken. Can you check and resolve. My Twitter account name: onurkocayigit

Let me check

•••

Unblocked

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back