domains Interview with Aaron Oxborrow, founder Domain.io

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
During NamesCon I saw the mention of the $50,000 sale of Domain.io, Aaron had mentioned it sold in 2020 and they were announcing it now. I wanted to see what Domain.io was all about. Aaron was kind enough to answer some questions in the interview below. Q1) Domain.io was recently reported as sold for $50,000. […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a lot of money for IO domains

•••
What's the income source of domain.io?

Percentage on domain sales or subscriptions for their service?

Some fresh air is always welcome!

GLTA!

•••
Subscription. Price is coming soon

•••
Hey @PatrickV -- DM your email and I'll send a beta invite over!

•••
@aoxborrow I'm testing the beta version today. I love the markets tab! One question, though. Besides Afternic, SEDO and Dan, I also have my domain names listed at Squadhelp, Alter and my own marketplace. How should I manage that? Can users add more marketplaces besides those three main ones?

•••
Hi @NameWell. I do plan to support additional marketplaces in the future. For exclusive markets like SH, BB, and Alter, initially it will be just to get the current price and let you filter and manage those domains by market within your portfolio. I haven't looked into integrations with them, so I'm not sure what is possible. I know they have different rules for exclusivity, e.g. Afternic listings, and also that they will list your domains under their account so could be interesting to monitor.

•••
@aoxborrow thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear that you plan to support additional marketplaces in the future. Also, I would like to clarify a few things. Alter is no longer an exclusive marketplace. Squadhelp is only partially exclusive because they allow listing domain names on Afternic. For these reasons, I have domain names listed on Afternic & Alter, Afternic & Squadhelp, Afternic, Squadhelp & SEDO, my marketplace & Alter & Afternic etc. So if I can only track Afternic, SEDO and DAN using Domain.io that means I would have to have a separate Excel or Google Sheets file for exactly the same domain names, but different marketplaces and I would not be able to see all data in one place and would have to constantly shift back and forth between my Domaion.io and my Excel/Google Sheets ... And that's far from perfect :) Also, that just might be a deal-breaker when deciding if I want to pay for Domain.io.

Squadhelp lets sellers sync their listings with Google Sheets and I can sync my own marketplace with Google Sheets as well. Could I somehow sync it all with Google Sheets of Domain.io? Maybe that could solve the issue.

•••
I do plan to add Google Sheets integration, not sure how fancy yet. I would be interested to see the setup of your portfolio spreadsheet if you're willing to share. You could create a copy with just a couple rows.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back