Domain Empire

.tv Interesting sale of a Top .TV name on eBay...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.Mike

Made in the U.K.VIP Member
Impact
I thought everybody would be interested in watching this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HORROR-TV_W0QQitemZ5833111549QQcategoryZ3767QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sadly to say its not mine, but I am sure it will set a nice bench mark for other top names. He makes some interesting claims that he has had two cable companies interested in it (which wouldn't surprise me to be honest) and by auctioning it he is putting the two against each other (plus whoever else wants in, although it is a private auction).

This one could potentially go through the roof - it has started well!

Go .TV !!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
betterdayz4 said:
Had to have a bid :)

Good luck! I am trying to restrain myself, 8.1/2 days is a long time though - hopefully it will go beyond how far my wallet can stretch.

Remember $500/year renewal on it and due in 2 months or so...

•••
thanks mike,

i have never used ebay, i might have a bid but with christmas approaching i will probably hang on to my :$: :)

hi mike,

well someone really wants it, i just bid 2,111 and was imediately out bid, i guess im out :( :td:

i just went to $2511 and still outbid thats it im out :'( my bet is it will definately go over $5000 and probably worth it

•••
Why is the cost of renewal $500 when you can register a dot tv domain name for only 39.00?

•••
you can reg one for $29.99 IDOTZ.net but that is a premium word. ALL .tvs do not cost the same from $29.99 to $1,000,000 a year

•••
HorrorShow(s).tv still available for reg, standard fee. :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
What are the requirements to conduct an online transfer?
Under our new online transfer process, the following requirements must be fulfilled:

Web address has been owned for at least 60 days.
Your account password has not been changed within the last 10 days.
The entire contract for the Web address must be paid in full. For example, if a Web address has only been paid in full for one year on our minimum 2-year contract, the second year must be paid before the domain may be transferred.
The person to whom the domain is to be transferred (transferee) must have an account with The .tv Corporation or open an account with us.
The transfer fee is equal to the current first-year value of the domain names. Refer to our Pricing Policy for current prices.
Web address to be transferred must be a .tv Web address registered to your account with us.
If any of these requirements are not met, an online transfer cannot be executed.

•••
If it was sold, how come that it's relisted by the same eBay user?

•••
proxy bidder maybe?

i suspect he had a dummy bidder for it and got caught out with the winning bid :imho:

•••
Well, I don't think its "One of the World's Most Desirable Domain Names", but I do think it does have some value.

-Steve

•••
he said the winning bid didn't want to pay a $500 transfer fee. from what i hear perhaps he has to pay an additinional $500 to do the transfer to a new account plus thenew owner has to pay the $500 within2 months to keep the domain?

•••
JeffM2 said:
he said the winning bid didn't want to pay a $500 transfer fee. from what i hear perhaps he has to pay an additinional $500 to do the transfer to a new account plus thenew owner has to pay the $500 within2 months to keep the domain?
Probably not, since most (and I stress "most") registrars add an additional year when they get a transfer request.

-Steve

•••
Please read www.tv is not like any other registrar
What are the requirements to conduct an online transfer?
Under our new online transfer process, the following requirements must be fulfilled:

Web address has been owned for at least 60 days.
Your account password has not been changed within the last 10 days.
The entire contract for the Web address must be paid in full. For example, if a Web address has only been paid in full for one year on our minimum 2-year contract, the second year must be paid before the domain may be transferred.
The person to whom the domain is to be transferred (transferee) must have an account with The .tv Corporation or open an account with us.
The transfer fee is equal to the current first-year value of the domain names. Refer to our Pricing Policy for current prices.
Web address to be transferred must be a .tv Web address registered to your account with us.
If any of these requirements are not met, an online transfer cannot be executed.

•••
meaning the new owner has to pay $500 on his end too or whatever the fee is? lol

•••
Yeppers :'( The .TV Corp. doesn't care who pays it, so long as it is all paid ($1,000) BEFORE the transfer can be completed ($500 paid as part of transfer). But, hey, they lucky. Atleast its not one of the .tv's the registry has for $x,xxx-$1,000,000 (albiet, none will ever go for the $million, as it will be "negotiated" down). Imagine buying name for what you think is a final auction bid of $500,000 only to learn it is with registry for $50,000...Would cost you (or seller) another $100,000 just to transfer :td:

I have run into this issue myself, albeit only with names with the $50 reg fee. But, if you don't sell it for good :$: , then the .TV Corp can eat into your profits big-time >:(

Last edited:
•••
I guess this transfer policy is a another way of both encouraing development and discourging sales of .tv domains

•••
maximum said:
Yeppers :'( The .TV Corp. doesn't care who pays it, so long as it is all paid ($1,000) BEFORE the transfer can be completed ($500 paid as part of transfer). But, hey, they lucky. Atleast its not one of the .tv's the registry has for $x,xxx-$1,000,000 (albiet, none will ever go for the $million, as it will be "negotiated" down). Imagine buying name for what you think is a final auction bid of $500,000 only to learn it is with registry for $50,000...Would cost you (or seller) another $100,000 just to transfer :td:

I have run into this issue myself, albeit only with names with the $50 reg fee. But, if you don't sell it for good :$: , then the .TV Corp can eat into your profits big-time >:(

The flip side of this is getting lucky by finding a "premium" .TV name at the $34.95 (w/o coupon) price at Godaddy...

That's got to be worth something when your talking low yearly renewal fees... low transfer fees, etc.

•••
izo-pod said:
The flip side of this is getting lucky by finding a "premium" .TV name at the $34.95 (w/o coupon) price at Godaddy...

That's got to be worth something when your talking low yearly renewal fees... low transfer fees, etc.

True. But if the .Tv Corp has it as a premium name, you can't make a deal with Godaddy. Those names have to be registered through the .Tv Registry directly :hehe: Unlike .com or .net, finding the right name that happens to fit within television genre is a bit of smart thinking and ALOT of luck getting one that is available :blink: This particular domain is worth many times the current bid to the right movie/tv network company :imho:

•••
maximum said:
True. But if the .Tv Corp has it as a premium name, you can't make a deal with Godaddy. Those names have to be registered through the .Tv Registry directly :hehe: Unlike .com or .net, finding the right name that happens to fit within television genre is a bit of smart thinking and ALOT of luck getting one that is available :blink: This particular domain is worth many times the current bid to the right movie/tv network company :imho:
u mean the premium domain is worth XXX as much ($500)?

•••
JeffM2 said:
u mean the premium domain is worth XXX as much ($500)?

Any .tv domain found under one of the links at http://www.tv/cgi-bin/premium_search.cgi will be at the premium rate (yearly) set there by the .TV registry. Any one of them they value at $2,000 or more, they will "consider" an "offer" on for the registration and annual renewal fee.

When I said:
maximum said:
This particular domain is worth many times the current bid to the right movie/tv network company :imho:
I was just referring to the domain this thread is about (Horror.tv).

•••
you guys think the premiums are worth more than the non premiums tho? I think some are.... they did do a good job on weeding out the good ones and throwing them in the premium range literally... leaving us here to sulk

•••
Looks like the horror.tv auction closed early the second time around.

This thread prompted me to call dotTV corp, and ask if the domain transfer fee added a year to the expiration date. Jesus, the customer service rep I spoke to, said yes, it does. I told him their website doesn't state that as the case. He said he is 99% sure, but he couldn't find it in writing either.

This is the second time I've called and asked the question and received the same response. I also sold one .tv domain over a year ago, and vaguely recall the transfer fee adding an additional year. Anyone else had experience with this?

•••
That is BS.. you should have recorded teh call... verisign should stop the monopoly :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back