Domain Empire

.mobi Interesting profile of developed .mobi sites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We now have more then 500 .mob sites listed on dir.mobi and it is very interesting to see the overall profile of developed sites. Yesterday night I impleamented the so called 'tag cloud' for dir.mobi according to the number of sites listed in each categories. Some of the things like Travel ( with max. no of sites) was probably obvious but some I did not expect. Here are some of the top categories:

Travel : 33
Destination : 23 ( also part of Travel)
Fun : 20
Sports : 17
Germany : 17 ( most from any country)
Sports : 17
.mobi/.mobi developers: 17

Check out the 'tag cloud' for more. Hover over the tags to see how many listed for each tag.

Vcool

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Vcool, that is simply awesome!

•••
Certainly unexpected and very nicely implemented :)

•••
Thanks guys.

I was amazed to see the result of this cloud thing as well. I just wanted to see if this can be implemented for .mobi and how it will look. I still think it may not show-up properly on some cell phones though.

Vcool

•••
vcool said:
I was amazed to see the result of this cloud thing as well. I just wanted to see if this can be implemented for .mobi and how it will look. I still think it may not show-up properly on some cell phones though.
I just tested it on my little nokia and it actually looks pretty good!

•••
scandiman said:
I just tested it on my little nokia and it actually looks pretty good!

Thanks Scandiman, I checked with emulator and it did not look good, so I thought it may not work properly on some cell phones. It did show-up good on my treo.

It is very interesting, my first venture into what is called web2.0, I guess.

Vcool.

•••
VCOOL, that is simply VCOOL. You add so much to the benefit of all in the mobi spectrum.

•••
circa1850 said:
VCOOL, that is simply VCOOL. You add so much to the benefit of all in the mobi spectrum.

Thanks circa1850 for your comments.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back