IT.COM

discuss Inspired by some recent threads (and a recent sale) I tried something different

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've recently read a couple threads where domainers have been able to re-acquire names they previously held (sometimes after dropping the name, in one or two cases after selling the name for good money).

This got me thinking about a name I used to own in the old days: Deaf.cc

While I am not a big fan of dot-cc, I often thought that the keyword 'Deaf' went perfectly with the extension CC due to CC being a common abbreviation for Closed Captioning.

Back in the old days of Great Domain (when you had to fax them proof of ownership to get your domain listed there - very, very old people like John will remember), I believe I had this name listed by them on their home page for something like 10k.

Anyway, I forgot about this domain for awhile again until recently reading about the sale of Search.cc for 8k. Insane price for a Dot-CC so....

I went looking for Deaf.cc again and I didn't have to go far. First check on Afternic and Deaf.cc was listed with a BIN of $500.

That's a bit high for me so I offered $150, which was immediately accepted.

The transfer completed this morning and I once again own: Deaf.cc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back