IT.COM

advice One of the most recent, important quotes by Rick Schwartz reads...

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
One of the most recent, important quotes by Rick reads as follows:

“I Don’t buy domains to sell. I buy domains to hold. To collect. To admire. To enjoy. To savor. To learn about. To use.”
Think for a second what this phrase means, next time you aimlessly spend money registering, bidding on, or buying in the aftermarket domains with the sole purpose of reselling...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One of the most recent, important quotes by Rick reads as follows:

Think for a second what this phrase means, next time you aimlessly spend money registering, bidding on, or buying in the aftermarket domains with the sole purpose of reselling...
Read More
I'm sure I am one of many that would like to sit down over a nice meal and a drink or two (sweet tea and/or other concoctions) and have a conversation with Rick.

This quote, "I Don’t buy domains to sell. I buy domains to hold." , is one that rings with me as I started doing this a few years ago. Just recently, one of my favorite names sold for very high number (for me) and it is one I picked up with the intention of holding forever if necessary.

Just a couple of months after putting it on a landing page, an offer came in and after a short negotiation, it was sold. I've not looked at what the new owner has done with it yet, it could be developed or perhaps it was picked up as an investment (it was a good one).

Soon I will look at it and possibly share the details, but as of now it is too soon...it too was a name I picked up "To collect. To admire. To enjoy. To savor. To learn about. To use."

•••
"I Don’t buy domains to sell. I buy domains to hold. To collect. To admire. To enjoy. To savor. To learn about. To use.”

He's full of crap. Almost all of his names are for sale. Who buys names to collect, admire, savor, etc.
He has made millions selling names, not watching them sit on a shelf like trophies. He is just spewing nonsense because people hang onto his every word.

Its like Elon Musk. Once he bought twitter he became all philosophical and now spouts out little words of wisdom that have all been said before, but he acts like they are his creation.

Last edited:
•••
YES To hold the hand of the domain and hug the domain and enjoy the delicious taste & smell of this domain and his companionship and admire the Sense of Humor of this domain and then take picture with this domain and put it on frame to fix it on a wall for memories !!
Such a nonsense !!!

Usually some domainers whom they succeeded to sell domains for five or six figures and got relaxed financially and settled , They start telling poems and acting with philosophical ways !! Because they are no more caring about any daily or monthly expenses and renewals will due and enjoying the cash .

Let guys like this stay for one or two years without sales and only low ball offers and cash decreasing in bank then we will see their butts sweating from stress thinking about expenses and the renewals approaching on the way !!

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking earlier a method, after i let my dogs out, will take all the registered domains and forward to one of my business and enjoy the rewards, no need to sell them to have competitors on my tail, but keep them at bay.
Might sell the poor versions to them. :xf.cool:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back