Dynadot

Information news on Undeveloped Changed to Dan dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It’s a little strange, but I like it better. The name Undeveloped always seemed a little confusing to me and I know their business. I would’ve picked a name more domain related, but maybe it will grow on the market. Most of my domains are listed there and waiting for my first sale with them. I really like their landing pages. Seems they are now the leader in domain block chain. Now...they have first move advantage.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can see where they are coming from this change, for two reasons:

1. The word 'undeveloped' is a word that only web developers or domainers would associate with domain names, and presumably the majority of end users are not either of those things.
  2. Who knows where they will want to take the business in the future, what if they... for example... wanted to facilitate the sale of established websites too? Taking it to Flippa? The brand 'Undeveloped' wouldn't make sense in that context.
Still always a risk to change a brand though, I hope this works out for them because its a great platform.

•••
I can see where they are coming from this change, for two reasons:

1. The word 'undeveloped' is a word that only web developers or domainers would associate with domain names, and presumably the majority of end users are not either of those things.
  2. Who knows where they will want to take the business in the future, what if they... for example... wanted to facilitate the sale of established websites too? Taking it to Flippa? The brand 'Undeveloped' wouldn't make sense in that context.
Still always a risk to change a brand though, I hope this works out for them because its a great platform.

Yeah I agree, the undeveloped name probably doesn’t represent their total future business. Just don’t know how Dan does either though, unless the initials stand for something like “Domain Action Now”!:)

•••
Sorry, didn't know there were already a couple more Dan thread's going. FYI, found out what Dan stands for. Domain Automation Network. The name is already growing on me.

•••
Had two "sales" that never happened when they were Undeveloped, buyers did not pay.

Couple of days ago agreed a price at Dan and today received the dreaded we have sent the buyer a reminder to pay! :unsure:

Not a case of DeJaVu I hope.

•••
Had two "sales" that never happened when they were Undeveloped, buyers did not pay.

Couple of days ago agreed a price at Dan and today received the dreaded we have sent the buyer a reminder to pay! :unsure:

Not a case of DeJaVu I hope.
Yep, the "buyer" has not paid and apparently declined a phone call from Dan.com staff, what an ahole.
Coming soon on a name and shame at a forum near you very soon. Maybe a member here perhaps?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back