Dynadot

Info required for good domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
please let me know what are the things that should be taken care in choosing the donain name for making it more search engine friendly

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. From a search engine point of view, keywords in the domain name are crucial.

2. Choose Hyphenated name instead of one word names which make it possible for search engines to understand your keywords correctly.

3. Make sure your domain name is not very long. Keep it short and meaningful.

4. Consider registering a domain name that contains words of your core products or services.

Only Domain name does not guarantee a search engine success, you also need to submit your site to search engines and optimize the pages of your site.

•••
If your name has more than one keyword try to get the name with AND without hyphens if possible. The hyphenated version can help for SEO purposes.

•••
Yes I have submitted two domains to google and the domain I submitted with and without hyphens is in there more than once and the one I submitted without the hyphen is not generating as much traffic, so make sure you register one with and one without a hyphen as sdsinc said.

•••
Interesting, for some reason I assumed search engines could recognise words within the domain. Glad I read this now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back