NameSilo

.info .Info - NameCheap OR DomainSite ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have to choose one of them; please give me your impression about those registrars.

Here's my first impression for what i have read around the forum:

NameCheap.com
+ 2.88 .info registration
+ Many NP'ers use it
+ Better rating than DomainSite in the "domain company reviews" section

DomainSite.com
+ 1.99 .info registration
+ ICANN accredited registrar

Does someone used both? Which one has the better customer support? And what about other domain features such DNS control, etc? What are renewal fees?

PS - I know that RegisterFly.com too has got a very cheap .info registration fee (1.99?), but I have read too many bad impressions about their support so I would not go with them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Registerfly.com is also good

•••
TopSatelliteRadio.co said:
Registerfly.com is also good
I agree,
I am not a reseller for them , but have just Purchased a few domains from them and found their service excellent

•••
i wont be using domainsite again
i use to praise them loads, but ive just registered a domain for about $6-7 all was fine however they than charge you an extra $2 to upgrade the domain which you need to do change the dns settings

•••
I just registered 68 domains at regfly this morning and 30 more yesterday.

So You could say that I like them. :)

•••
TopSatelliteRadio.co said:
I just registered 68 domains at regfly this morning and 30 more yesterday.

So You could say that I like them. :)
Yes I totally agree and my parcel was a little larger.

•••
i need to renew some of my free infos that i got last year. where's the cheapest place to transfer them to?

•••
Barefoottech said:
Yes I totally agree and my parcel was a little larger.

are you getting them at the "special" price? :)

•••
From how much time are you using RegisterFly?

And which of those 3 registrars accept PayPal?

Thank you for your comments.

•••
NameCheap because they currently have a full year of free whois guard on all domains, including .info's. :)

•••
I would go with RegisterFly over your other choices. RegisterFly has 24 by 7 phone support, if you follow their specials closely you can pickup .info names for 1.25.

•••
Reading your impressions, RegisterFly.com looks good, but in the "domain company reviews" section almost 50% of comments are saying that their customer support is terrible, and this is very important IMO

•••
RegFly ,a NPer ,is a register fly service Consultant and has been very helpful

I have accounts at Godaddy ,domainsite and Registerfly . Only Godaddy & registerfly has got back to me and helped me with problems using a real person ,not an automated Email telling me what I needed to fix problems

•••
stevegarbz said:
NameCheap because they currently have a full year of free whois guard on all domains, including .info's. :)
NameCheap because they rock :tu:

•••
Free Whois protection on Registerfly if you enter the code: PROTECTFREE

I am going there cause namecheap requires you to transfer a minimum of 8.88 from paypal, and when all you want to do is get a info or 2 thats non sensical

•••
To be honest I've had two bad experiences with RegisterFly, there prices may be good but when they won't give you your domain it doesn't matter.

The problem though with NameCheap is that they do have the $8.88 minimum transfer. I'm stuck with $2.XX right now because of it.

If I was going to register a .info I would just make some posts and register it here.

Good luck wherever you pick!

•••
If I was going to register a .info I would just make some posts and register it here.

But if you want private Whois, that not avaiable here.. .yet

•••
NameCheap would be the best of the 3 in my opinion, it's really well run and has great service.

•••
Domainsite or Namecheap for me out of those..

However I prefer Namepros! NP$150!

•••
I would go with RegisterFly, 1.99 with free whois protection

•••
Iravan said:
But if you want private Whois, that not avaiable here.. .yet

I don't see anything about him requesting private whois.

•••
I only register new domains at NameCheap. I have NEVER had one sinle problem with them.

•••
Regfly has good support from what I have encountered. I have a couple of domains and call them whenever I have problems or questions. Like today I called and asked where the paypal option was hiding at. They answered my call in less than a minute and had answered it as soon as I asked. If you plan using Regfly, know that the paypal payment is currently down(as of Thursday Morning) but should be back up soon.

•••
I don't see anything about him requesting private whois.

I got a reply to my post abouyt the NAmepros privitization thing... it was to be considered for the next update...

•••
However, who is the most professional among RF, DS and NC?

The fact that NC isn't an ICANN accredited registrar and DS has got Google ads on the home page let me tend to RF..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back