Dynadot

.info .info and the future? Hmmmmm...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was just thinking! What if after the free .info spectacular is over, they raise the price of the .info upwards of $20+ - It makes sense to me. Instead of just raising the price out of the blue, they decide to give away a boatload of domains to make the price increase seem less harsh...

I'm not saying this is what is going to happen... it's just a thought I had, and was wondering if anyone else thought the same.

Much Success-
Jennifer

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
healingsites said:
I doubt that Afilias would do that across the board. I have noticed that the $7 - $10 range registrars are not yet offering free .infos. I think that the ones offering freebies hope that you'll renew at their prices rather than go through the hassle of transferring them away.
well i'd rather transfer it away or let it expire

•••
I'm using the same approach (as GRRILLA - mass registering and weeding them out later). I listed all of mine as "bargain domains" for now on one page at http://healingsites.net/bargain.htm

Last edited:
•••
healingsites said:
I'm using the same approach (as GRRILLA - mass registering and weeding them out later). I listed all of mine as "bargain domains" for now on one page at http://healingsites.net/bargain.htm
i think htat is the way to go as well, i am parking mine and then slowly selling the ones which aren't profiting

•••
So who has registered the best .info so far? Anyone think they have a gem?

•••
I haven't really shown but a couple yet - and this isn't what I consider the best I've grabbed , But the one I'm happiest with so far is :

www.WebSiteStatistics.info <=== Getting 5-10 Uniques per day already (Registered Before obviously) - Small amount of mktlp :)

Last edited:
•••
all4cost said:
I haven't really shown but a couple yet - and this isn't what I consider the best I've grabbed , But the one I'm happiest with so far is :

www.WebSiteStatistics.info <=== Getting 5-10 Uniques per day already (Registered Before obviously) - Small amount of mktlp :)
I agree, your ne definitely beats any of mine

•••
if this goes on longer it'll soon become like a .tk

•••
Grrilla said:
I am taking more of a volume approach by regging as many as I can w/ the intention of dropping up to 75-80%, maybe more, if I don't see a workable future or sales potential in them after a year's time. A good analogy for this is the way different photographers approach their work. Some like to blast away and shoot rolls of film and than go back, study, and pick out the shots they want, while others prefer to prepare and wait for the right moment to get their shot. It's really a matter of how one likes to operate.

The volume approach works for me, because, to use another metaphor, I am still putting together a team and exploring my players strengths and their chemistry, and I just couldn't pass up a free draft. I already had my eyes on well over 25 3 char names w/ meaning/significance, and who knew a year ago that the 3character market would take off, as it did and who knows ehere it may go? I also uncovered 3 solid/appropriate single word names and found a half dozen keyword search term combos that go well w/ info, and are in the 25M-140M OV search/mo range. And how could I pass on a few that are brandables or in need of some proactive marketing like: AccountBalance.info, HowSite.info, YourIQ,info, Artifaqs.info and TrialOffer.info? Than there are a couple of regionally significant city names that may be good for local businesses near me, and of course there are the larks- the ones that are just for fun, like heythere.info, 4MM.info (my initials), StrangeStuff.info, and Paybacks.info.

All of the ones I have mentined are probably destined for the drop box, but maybe one will work out. If not,I have only been set back a few hours of time, and no out of pocket outlay.

Perhaps the time will come when my sight becomes more focused, but at present, I'm keeping a full roster and am only making cuts after I've worked them out, and only as necessary. This does tend to make things somewhat hectic, so I do see the advantages of a more serene and deliberate approach, as well. :tu:

Brilliant analogies Grrilla! I find that I gain much knowledge from your wisdom. My approach on the free .info's has been to select the ones with the largest Overture/Wordtracker numbers. I also tend to lean toward names that have or have had a significant influence in history... ie... ConcentrationCamps.info, Segregation.info, and Bootleggers.info - to name a few. I just can't see how you can go wrong with history... since it's always going to be there. If all else fails, the names I've selected are primo for information development.

It's very interesting to see the registration choices people make. I think many have been registering in a panic thinking that if they don't register something... that everything will be gone, and they'll be left in the dark.

Jennifer

•••
ManicGirl said:
I think many have been registering in a panic thinking that if they don't register something... that everything will be gone, and they'll be left in the dark.

It is true, the top keywords are long gone, and --

•••
TX for the kind words ManicGirl. The historic perspective is a good one, and yet another approach I had not thought of, but will now add to the repertoire.
I'm really finding the present .info rush to be one of the better learning experiences I've had of late. There is something about a free offer, combined w/ an uncertain time limit, that stimulates a sense of urgency, and has the effect of sharpening ones acuity. :gl: (Now that's a mouthful!-hehe).

But, above and beyond examining my own approach and weighing the quality of my own lists, I think the real value here has been in seeing the approaches others have taken and what names they have regged under the exact same set of circumstances. How often do we get that oppurtunity? I have literally been "beat to the punch" by minutes w/ some names, and have had my world expanded by the intelligence that underlies several of the names that others have regged over the past week.:tu:
if this goes on longer it'll soon become like a .tk

You may find this surprising, (I did). I had my first ever offer for a .info name. (other than for 3LLL .names), - a substantial one, at that- made just yesterday. The offer was made directly from my site, so I am assuming it was the result of a whois search, and may have been the result of the mass .info searches that have been taking place this week.

Last edited:
•••
Darkfire001 said:
Can't alter whois until January :o what if we push a domain to another accout?

That's what I'm wondering... I couldn't tell if they were not allowing .info pushes to other users prior to jan 1st, as long as whois isn't altered, or if they were meant to just be stagnant entirely until jan 1st.....

•••
It is true, the top keywords are long gone, and --
I'm not sure how many days that "long gone" implies or the frequency of searches necessary to categorize a name as a "top keyword" seach term, but I have regged a name that recieves 140,000+ OV searches/mo, and was "beat out" by only minutes for some terms in the same search group w/ higher numbers than that. Top single keyword terms have probably been long gone, which may be what you are making reference to.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back