IT.COM

advice Increasing Budget For Domain Investment

NameSilo
Watch

Ganewy

Established Member
Impact
I would like to invest bigger amounts in domain names but would like to hear some advice from others that have more experience in this business. Are there any tips or advice you could give me? I want to focus on 4L domains for long-term investment and also in 3L domains. I would really appreciate it if you can provide any advice regarding domain investment. I know it can be risky and may take time but sometimes one sale can makeup losses.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Increasing your investment would not doubt help you get ur hands on better quality domains.
4L and 3L domains will likely be considerable investments but at least u know they are fairly liquid and you would be likely get frquent offers on them. Diversifying a little with some good single word and two word domains may also not be a bad idea.

Last edited:
•••
I do have a 4L domain and I have been getting some good offers but like you said the price for them are higher. One word domains are mostly taken especially if it is a dictionary word.

•••
I do have a 4L domain and I have been getting some good offers but like you said the price for them are higher. One word domains are mostly taken especially if it is a dictionary word.

Yep all good ones are taken but you might be able to pick up some good 1 word domains by posting a wanted thread here for people who might need to some cash flow.

•••
Yeah, I keep an eye on threads like that, hopefully I hit the spot one day!

•••
I believe that investing in good domain names is a great way to supplement an investment portfolio. I think you should keep it diversified though, and not invest everything in one product. I've got physical metals, and Bitcoin to supplement my names. The problem comes from deciding which names are good, and you need to watch market trends to confirm that you are on the right path. Reading Name Pros threads is an excellent way to do this, another way is to stag (flip) expired and dropping names. This provides two useful bits of market information - names that users and dealers are abandoning, and names that are being bought.

Don't forget to monetise your names as well - this provides a steady income to fund your investments.

•••
Yes I am always learning something new about the domain business!
I try to diversified domains but sometimes its hard to find what you're looking for.
Thanks for the advise!

•••
Op If I may.. (If I'm hijacking your thread feel free to delete this post.)

Care to share any success/methods with Monetisation?

Don't forget to monetise your names as well - this provides a steady income to fund your investments.

•••
I would like to invest bigger amounts in domain names but would like to hear some advice from others that have more experience in this business. Are there any tips or advice you could give me? I want to focus on 4L domains for long-term investment and also in 3L domains. I would really appreciate it if you can provide any advice regarding domain investment. I know it can be risky and may take time but sometimes one sale can makeup losses.

I would say go over to NameBio.com look at the trends and what is selling. You need to determine what type of domains are in high demand. These are the names you need to buy because it will make the selling process easier. You don't want to get a bunch of names that do not sell and just hope an inquiry comes your way.

So even though 4L.com domains are in demand make sure you research and find out which patterns are in demand most, what is their floor so you can buy them close to the floor giving you a higher chance of making a good profit.

- Will

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back