IT.COM

.in VS .co.in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Which one for the same word is better or worth more ?

i think .in is a little more valuable: less things to type, easier to remind and it works well with some words like digg.in , work.in , blog.in ...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree, .In is better because it is shorter and sounds better.

•••
I also think .in's better. :]

•••
Why? Because .in is more expensive than co.in?

Last edited:
•••
I, personally have had better luck with .co.in. However you can all go for .in :tu: I'm on wot's side now :) :hehe:

•••
It doesnt matter if it is shorter- its all about demand and right now the demand IS .co.in. So .co.in for now!

•••
damitssam said:
It doesnt matter if it is shorter- its all about demand and right now the demand IS .co.in. So .co.in for now!
maybe it depends on the side you are :D

•••
Going with .co.in

I am going to gamble with .co.in! First of all, they are cheaper than the .in. Second, from what I have seen, or read, I don't see where .in is a clear cut favorite yet. So for me, 3 .in's and about 50 .co.in's!!! Hope I made the right choice!! Of course, if I find a super good keyword, I would buy both anyway.

I did this with www.AttorneyatLaw.in , and www.AttorneyatLaw.co.in . Anyway, I thought it was a good one, may be wrong. I bought all 7 extensions for this!! Smart, or a fool??? Ah, don't you dare answer!!! :'(

•••
I personally wouldn't register/acquire either, IMHO.

All the best!
-Jeff B-)

•••
I dislike any subdomain like .co.in or .web.com real .___ extensions are always better.

•••
Well if its anything to go by .co.uk does better than .uk :p imo

•••
DJ-Sound said:
I dislike any subdomain like .co.in or .web.com real .___ extensions are always better.
.co.in are "real extensions", just like .co.uk

•••
The shorter the better I think :D (.in is better)

•••
someone know if UK had .uk since the beginning or they introduced it later ?

•••
I didn't know that Uk has .uk , i know only co.uk :notme:

diddie said:
someone know if UK had .uk since the beginning or they introduced it later ?

•••
anurag_17 said:

.uk = United Kingdom

•••
anurag_17 said:

Yes, UK has a top level .uk, and .co.uk is a second level for third level open regs. :lol:

•••
.co.uk is the top level domain for us here in the UK. Never heard of a .uk.

it goes like this.
.co.uk
.org.uk
.me.uk

you also have

uk.com
uk.net

As for the .co.in VS .in question thus far all the traffic and offers i have had are with the .co.in but i believe in time the .co.in and .in will even out and both will be popular.

•••
ok, i was trying to compare it to co.in and .in but since there is no .uk ...

•••
Diddie, your on the right track though mate. Because the .co.xx has been around for along time it has instantly taken off for the .co.in

•••
my whole thinking about that was (as i was thinking there was a .uk) : if .co.uk was more valuable than the .uk , so it could have been similar for .co.in and .in ; but there is no direct comparison possible
personaly, i continue to think .in is a little better than .co.in but future will tell, i'm taking also some .co.in now

•••
•••
ok, so i'm not crazy, i remember have seen some .uk :lala:

•••
There is .uk ccTLD of course (must be as a top ext.) but Nominet does not make it available for second level public registration. But technically it is possible. Instead, some second level ext. are created (in limited number), as co.uk, me.uk etc., which allow public registration of third level names , as me.me.uk, london.co.uk etc.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back